• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
I completely agree. They shouldn't even allow impossible trades to be put up at all. And while we're on the topic of the gts they should make the search more detailed Instead of Select Pokemon, Pick a Gender, and select a location

God..that's so annoying in GTS..i hope they remove them. That would make me so happy :D

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I completely agree. They shouldn't even allow impossible trades to be put up at all. And while we're on the topic of the gts they should make the search more detailed Instead of Select Pokemon, Pick a Gender, and select a location

Well didn't it say if you get caught cheating you're banned from tournaments? hopefully that doesn't include the glitchs ( like the glich to catch darkrai and the cloning glitch in emerald) i've never even really played online or traded online all i know is gts has impossible things like under lvl 9 legendary pokemon :|

adamfitz

poké-lover
God..that's so annoying in GTS..i hope they remove them. That would make me so happy :D

Yeah Iv allways wanted to see the nature and moves a pokemon has
Would be a lot better to have more specifics on the gts

grenwood

Yeah Iv allways wanted to see the nature and moves a pokemon has
Would be a lot better to have more specifics on the gts
including hidden abilities. i want a lvl 100 meowth with pickup but they dont show the abilities. it should be very easy to show the pokemons summary in gts

Henraye

Toon Leader
here,
http://pokejungle.net/2013/06/28/pokemon-game-show-announced-more/
its state
The Pokémon Company has recently issued a Press Release talking about the consequences of cheating in Pokémon. The release comes after an app that allows users to create Pokémon to transfer to their games, was made recently available in a mobile app store.

The company shuns these Pokémon created in this app (or through any other method) calling them “illegal”, saying that by using these methods of “cheating” players could potentially damage their games, and will be banned from all official tournaments if caught.

Oh boy this is serious if you use Pokegen or any program like its for X/Y and don't think the ban will be just for official tournament its can be for random and friend battle as well why do you think there's putting this PSS online system in so yeah, And plus think about this carefully they can ban you from playing X/Y online as well not just in official tournament,

But the way i see its as a possibility is this can ban your trainer card and trainer No ID number in your save file if they catch you forcing you to restart your game on a new save file with a new trainer card and trainer No ID number so you can play on Wifi again unless they force you to sign up on the GTS website to battle online but yeah,

Whoa. That sounds brutal. This is just for X and Y or all pokemon games as a whole?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Yes double battles are confirmed finally. I was getting worried that they wouldn't return. Though I really don't know why, now that I think about it...

rocky505

Actually the only legends you can get lv 9 and under are dialga, palkia, and giratina. These are all event pokemon pertaining to arceus i believe

You could get a level 5 Mew around the time of HGSS and there was a level 1 Regigigas in Platinum.

The Master Chief

Yes double battles are confirmed finally. I was getting worried that they wouldn't return. Though I really don't know why, now that I think about it...

Well it wouldn't make sense to remove it after it's been around forever and if your world championships are in doubles format.

EDIT: Thanks for informing me on that rocky. I forgot about those events. Too lazy to quote your post xD

adamfitz

poké-lover
Whoa. That sounds brutal. This is just for X and Y or all pokemon games as a whole?

As a whole

And I'm glad for this, its a good thing
I hate the cheating, ruins the fun completely
Only thing is what if one unfortunate un-aware player gets one in a trade

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well it wouldn't make sense to remove it after it's been around forever and if your world championships are in doubles format.

Yeah. Like I said, I don't know why I was getting worried.

i just had a thought.....could X/Y be getting rid of HMs?

I certainly hope not. I think at least Surf, Waterfall, and Fly will return, or else travelling will be a pain in the ***

storm12

Weather Bearer
Yeah. Like I said, I don't know why I was getting worried.

I certainly hope not. I think at least Surf, Waterfall, and Fly will return, or else travelling will be a pain in the ***

There could be a major overhaul with the system though- like not so integral to advancing the plot, similar to how Gen 5 played it. Though lets face it- a reason to use Cut is going to look absolutely ridiculous in a 3D overworld =S

adamfitz

poké-lover
There could be a major overhaul with the system though- like not so integral to advancing the plot, similar to how Gen 5 played it. Though lets face it- a reason to use Cut is going to look absolutely ridiculous in a 3D overworld =S

Maybe cut yes, but what about fly,surf and waterfall
I hope we keep our most used HM's

AceTrainer8

This passage is from the official website about Pokemon-Amie. "The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. As your Pokémon becomes more friendly, it may perform better in battle—by avoiding opponents’ attacks, landing critical hits, and more!".http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/pokemon_amie/
Landing crits and evasion? Two luck based mechanics? I'm beginning to wonder if/how this will spin things up for competitive players.

Regality

Digital King
I reckon rideable pokemon will be replacing some HMs..

The Master Chief

This passage is from the official website about Pokemon-Amie. "The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. As your Pokémon becomes more friendly, it may perform better in battle—by avoiding opponents’ attacks, landing critical hits, and more!".http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/pokemon_amie/
Landing crits and evasion? Two luck based mechanics? I'm beginning to wonder if/how this will spin things up for competitive players.

Now see i always said it was going to improve happiness but some thought it was for bonding<_<" Most likely it's in game purposes only

Status
Not open for further replies.