• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Yeah, it might be an odd on or just another way of improving friendship or something, I would imagine we're gonna get more info about it soon, possibly in corocoro next week :)

The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. As your Pokémon becomes more friendly, it may perform better in battle—by avoiding opponents’ attacks, landing critical hits, and more!

we know the gist of it

Ditto24

we know the gist of it

I know that part, I was more on about if it would make certain pokemon evolve.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Idk if this belongs on this thread or what not but now that we know what is to come and that there are Pokemon of older generations in the new version games, is anyone prepping or raising certain Pokemon in your older gen. version games to transfer to X & Y provided there is a pole transfer feature?

I def am prepping a bulky Marill for transfer now that I know it will be a Fairy type as well. I am also gonna work on a counter to Honedge since I feel it will be popular among trainers.

nuzamaki90

How does one grind effectively with roller skates? They're not like skateboards.

Lol I love when people ask this question because it brings out my nostalgia.

Ever heard of Soaps? Or have you ever played Sonic Adventure 2?

Well go look up some videos of both and then you'll see exactly how I think grinding will work.

Ditto24

It would ma amie actually Sorry, frenchnitpicking. Unfortunately it ruins the poke mon amie - poke my friend thing.

Google translate recognises both. 'Pokemon ma amie' also doesn't have the same ring to it as Poke- mon amie so.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Poke My Friend definetly ruins it for me :'(

Though that's what Pokeperves are going to do to Gardevoir and Jynx XD

I really hope some Pokemon react different to different places. Like Machamp likes you stroking it's head, but if you try to pat it's leg, it gets angry.

Sorry crap example.

Aurath8

Google translate recognises both. 'Pokemon ma amie' also doesn't have the same ring to it as Poke- mon amie so.

That's because english doesn't have genders and google translate is imperfect. They could have Pokemon-ami which keeps the pun and the correct gender though.

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
I'm definitely not the best at french :p
Moving away from language, does anyone else think that the gym puzzles will be trickier than before? I know this has been brought up before, but that web puzzle looks promising. I like puzzling gym challenges, for some reason.

Ditto24

That's because english doesn't have genders and google translate is imperfect. They could have Pokemon-ami which keeps the pun and the correct gender though.

But what gender is involved? it just looks better though, its a design purpose to have it be Poke mon Amie, it's symmetrical.

NotChip

®™
So, how many people here use Hidden Power?
I've just been thinking about it and with the inclusion of the Fairy type, this move will need to be ever so slightly modified to include that type into its workings, too.

Although the logical change to the formula would be a simple change to "x16" instead of "x15" in the second part of the type workings and having the final 16 refer to the Fairy type, but really, no matter how they choose to change the formula to compensate for Fairy, it will affect some Pokemon - changing their Hidden Power damage type. Quite a bummer for those who relied on a specific Hidden Power for type coverage, only to find out it is now a different type.

EonDragonFTW

So, how many people here use Hidden Power?
I've just been thinking about it and with the inclusion of the Fairy type, this move will need to be ever so slightly modified to include that type into its workings, too.

Although the logical change to the formula would be a simple change to "x16" instead of "x15" in the second part of the type workings and having the final 16 refer to the Fairy type, but really, no matter how they choose to change the formula to compensate for Fairy, it will affect some Pokemon - changing their Hidden Power damage type. Quite a bummer for those who relied on a specific Hidden Power for type coverage, only to find out it is now a different type.

I hope that the previous IV combos that made HP Dragon would become HP Fairy (feels so wierd saying that)
so it would minimize that impact on Pokemon that used Hidden Power for coverage

Aurath8

But what gender is involved? it just looks better though, its a design purpose to have it be Poke mon Amie, it's symmetrical.

Either gender really. The reason I'm nitpicking is because if the 'mon amie' pun is what they were going for, it would be incorrect.

I hope that the previous IV combos that made HP Dragon would become HP Fairy (feels so wierd saying that)

While that'd make a lot of sense(why use HP Dragon when you can use HP Ice? (or Fairy)) I doubt GF would do this.
Speaking of IVs, I wonder how visible GF will end up making them. They could go all the way and put in on the stat screen but GF seems to have a massive talent for introducing complicated mechanics and making it as unexploitable as possible like Dream World abilities or by making it rare or just plain not telling the player about it like the EV/IV system.

DevilFruit

Good Kitty

I wouldn't really be able to tell. I'm not too keen on the whole IV/EV stuff, but when HP Fairy comes along, I might have a hard time finding out which of my Pokemon has it.
How about a new feature that tells us what kind of Hidden Power our pokemon have?

EonDragonFTW

I wouldn't really be able to tell. I'm not too keen on the whole IV/EV stuff, but when HP Fairy comes along, I might have a hard time finding out which of my Pokemon has it.
How about a new feature that tells us what kind of Hidden Power our pokemon have?
We already have that. Its the guy who is like "Now that I know my hidden power, I can tell you yours!"

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
Oh yeah, but how about if the game allows you to check a Pokemons IVs and also its Hidden power from the beginning of the game?
I think I'd prefer that and have any character interactions kept to item trades, and Pokemon trades.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Oh yeah, but how about if the game allows you to check a Pokemons IVs and also its Hidden power from the beginning of the game?
I think I'd prefer that and have any character interactions kept to item trades, and Pokemon trades.

I think Game Freak might be allow that to happen and if it does happen..it would be awesome..

Regality

Digital King
They could call it the Pokemons third type.. and introduce a couple of other moves that use it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.