• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
I still think it's hard to try and discern a super-effective, from a normal or NVE hit based on these promo videos.

But regardless, if we go by the Pokebeach rumours, then we're saying the move can't be fairy type because it wasn't a NVE hit, making it most likely fighting type. At the same time, the rumours say that Fennekin will become a fire/psychic type and not a fire/fighting type. So something's up.

I actually feel like there's more to this, and it might be a new mechanic/dual type move/a move that gains stab from one type and deals damage via another type or something (which is very confusing and makes no sense).

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I actually feel like there's more to this, and it might be a new mechanic/dual type move/a move that gains stab from one type and deals damage via another type or something (which is very confusing and makes no sense).

But is nevertheless supported by the Pokébeach rumor. :)

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
But is nevertheless supported by the Pokébeach rumor. :)

Ah good. To be honest with all the rumours it's hard to remember what was still viable out there. If it's in the trailer it's probably going to be a feature coming up, so here's hoping!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm doubting Dual-Type moves. They seem to complicated for little kids, who are the main audience >.>

Before I get IVs and EVs shoved at my face, they're not shoved in our faces like moves are.

But then again, I'm talking about the company who gives a ball of gas punching powers -_-

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well, that escalated quickly...

But I do hope we get a Dark gym leader with a nice gameplay/puzzle. Maybe since in Japan it represents the "Evil" type I wonder if we would get a creepy looking gym.

Probably not, well at least not creepy. The dark elite fours have had more of a literally dark atmsphere, but not in the creepy way. The ghost gyms and elite fours have been the creepy ones.

confuser987

Wouldn't it be wickedly cool if the hoard pokemon can all leech seed your one pokemon in battle? But then I think leech seed only be used by only one enemy pokemon.

Ditto24

And in this trailer at the 0:33 mark Flabebe uses Fairy wind on Litleo and it makes a NVE noise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4qPSRgdI1s

I can just about hear the NVE sound but it's hard over the high pitch 'ting' that the move actually moves. I completely forgot that Fire is said to resist Fairy in the Pokebeach rumours.

So if Glow Punch was SE against Litleo (which seems likely) It means that it's Fighting, Rock, Ground or Water.... Tbh it only looks like it could be one of those types :S

So hopefully it's a Special Fighting move, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too powerful if Fennekin can have it by lv14, but it could easily be an egg move/tm just being showcased. I just hope this doesn't mean she'll become bipedal.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't see how the move looks ground, water, or rock at all. Fighting seems like the only.option at this point, unless it wasn't super effective and is like psychic. Even if it is fighting though, it doesn't mean fighting type for sure for fennekin. If it did, then that means chespin is rock.type.

EonDragonFTW

I miss the secret bases, hopefully we will get that back aswell. :p

YES!!! I LOVED THE SECRET BASES!!BRING THEN BACK, gf! My favorite part if Hoenn, and instead of trading them through mixing records, maybe we could trade them through street pass/ anybody wee interact with online (like join avenue). And of course bring able to battle their teams at the time (for exp)

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I'm doubting Dual-Type moves. They seem to complicated for little kids, who are the main audience >.>

Before I get IVs and EVs shoved at my face, they're not shoved in our faces like moves are.

But then again, I'm talking about the company who gives a ball of gas punching powers -_-

Well they have Psyshock, and its rumored that Duel-type attacks will work in a similar manner to it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Well they have Psyshock, and its rumored that Duel-type attacks will work in a similar manner to it.

Or they could work like Weather Ball and change type under certain conditions, although since that would not technically be a new mechanic, I would rather bet on the Psystrike idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.