• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I personally think that Game Freak should let certain Pokemon have a unique flying animation, because obviously that bird looks nothing like Golurk or Genesect, both of which can learn Fly...

But if GF would allow certain Pokémon to have a flying animation then others would complain why such and such Pokémon never received an animation even though with some it is quite obvious why.

But if GF would allow certain Pokémon to have a flying animation then others would complain why such and such Pokémon never received an animation even though with some it is quite obvious why.
Hahaha, got to love that picture!

But yeah, I don't mind the generic "bird shadow" for Fly that much... but is there really a reason for it to look as an obvious bird (apart from the fact that it has been like that from the very start)? It could be just a shadowy blob with wings. But now, with the beak and the eyes, it's maybe a bit too distinctive.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
In my current games i'm upping the challenge by, besides using set instead of switch, evening the nº of pokes with the gym leaders. Against E4 and champion i use a full team. Also i use only 1 item from the same type, equal or weaker than the gym leader and no overleveling, the max level is the level of the strongest poke of the leader. In BW2 it's still easy to beat them, all but that d1ck drayden with DDance (because of that huge level jump since skyla).

I also rotate and not knowing all the pokemon that could appear, if i like a guy i catch later in the game and i have a full team i like too, i will most certainly rotate.

My point with this is, bring hard mode from the beginning, with a harder AI, good movepools and items (all different like competitive) and we don't actually need higher levels with all the above included, don't bring easy mode back because normal mode is already easy and make the level curve less abrupt (skila to drayden in BW2). Also, the contest/musical/cinema should be tryathlon like HGSS or some other minigame facility because it was awesome back then and it still is.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I watched the whole demo and Serena has Gabite?!

Oh my, she will probably be my second favorite character after Cynthia. Gabite so fits her.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I watched the whole demo and Serena has Gabite?!

Oh my, she will probably be my second favorite character after Cynthia. Gabite so fits her.

Keep in mind that this was simply a demo so actual Pokemon rosters may differ in the final product. That's evidenced by the fact that in the demo, Sycamore gives you a level 100 Mewtwo.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Probably everyone else discussed this but since i missed it, GRINDING ON RAILS!!! THAT'S AWESOME!

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Wasn't sure where to post this (or if it's already been posted, sorry), but a guy on youtube somehow got hold of three OST battle themes. There's still some in-game effects over the top of them though.

Rival Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5hIDnz90E

Trainer Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUHEH48xCpk

Wild Pokemon Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbhWCjpcOSw

If legit - and I assume so based on the snippets we've heard so far - it sounds great! Love the guitar riffs. Also sounds just purer than previous games

Aurath8

That's usually just about how I do it, provided that the distribution works in my favor.

Really? I try and get a full team of 6 pokemon as soon as possible. If a pokemon I really want to use comes later on like golurk in BW then I'll use something else to fill the gap like Sigilyph. I think my record was in Platinum, where I achieved a full team of 6 just after the second gym. Better still, I continued to use those 6 until the end of the game.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Keep in mind that this was simply a demo so actual Pokemon rosters may differ in the final product. That's evidenced by the fact that in the demo, Sycamore gives you a level 100 Mewtwo.

You sound full percent right. However, still it would be amazing for Serena to have Gabite on her team.

Rakurai

Somehow, I won't be surprised if normal trainers are seen with the pseudo legendary dragons this time around, or if they're present on the teams of special trainers, but not as their signature Pokemon.

The addition of Mega Evolution and the Fairy type makes me think they won't be given as much special treatment as in the past games.

pokemonranger7098

Eevee Master
Hi everyone! I just have a bit of speculation regarding signature moves and Smeargle. First, though.. Does anyone know if Yveltal/Xerenas (spell check that, please) have special animations for their signature moves? I would check the demo videos myself, but I'm too lazy. That, and I'm not sure if they used any other moves in the videos anyway.

Basically, if they do use special animations (as in the Pokemon itself moves differently than using any other attack, not the animation of the move itself) then what happens if a Smeargle uses Sketch and uses the move? It wasn't a problem before, since animations had nothing to do with the sprite itself (except moving it around), but now (if there are indeed special animations) each Pokemon will need their own animation for that move.

This is why (as far as my logic goes) I don't think there will be any "special" animations. It would be nice, but it would cause gamefreak too much work, making all these new animations for all the pokemon (since people WILL hack illegal moves onto pokemon).

(Wow, look at all the parenthesis [spell check again]!)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Hi everyone! I just have a bit of speculation regarding signature moves and Smeargle. First, though.. Does anyone know if Yveltal/Xerenas (spell check that, please) have special animations for their signature moves? I would check the demo videos myself, but I'm too lazy. That, and I'm not sure if they used any other moves in the videos anyway.

Basically, if they do use special animations (as in the Pokemon itself moves differently than using any other attack, not the animation of the move itself) then what happens if a Smeargle uses Sketch and uses the move? It wasn't a problem before, since animations had nothing to do with the sprite itself (except moving it around), but now (if there are indeed special animations) each Pokemon will need their own animation for that move.

This is why (as far as my logic goes) I don't think there will be any "special" animations. It would be nice, but it would cause gamefreak too much work, making all these new animations for all the pokemon (since people WILL hack illegal moves onto pokemon).

(Wow, look at all the parenthesis [spell check again]!)

Oh my gosh... Smeargle using Oblivion Wing... day = made.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Xerneas and Yvetal appear to be using their signature moves in this trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygAc161hi9I

Just speculating, but if Smeargle sketches the move, it'll just be able to use it and follow-through with whatever animation GF gave it.

I wouldn't mind if they added some Animal Crossing elements to the game. Like decorating your home in Vaniville or water flowers across the region. C:

Someone might have brought this up before, but I noticed it just now while looking at the pictures of the demo from PokéBeach. In every shot that is outside of battle, the bottom screen has the Pokémon-Amie logo on it. For some reason I thought the bottom screen was for the PSS (?), but apparently I was wrong, unless this is a "just for the demo"-sort of thing. In one of the videos we also saw Froakie's menu sprite jumping up and down on the bottom screen while the player character was walking around. Again, this might be old news, but I thought it's kinda interesting that the Pokémon-Amie is such a major feature that it's basically there all the time for us to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.