• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

Someone might have brought this up before, but I noticed it just now while looking at the pictures of the demo from PokéBeach. In every shot that is outside of battle, the bottom screen has the Pokémon-Amie logo on it. For some reason I thought the bottom screen was for the PSS (?), but apparently I was wrong, unless this is a "just for the demo"-sort of thing. In one of the videos we also saw Froakie's menu sprite jumping up and down on the bottom screen while the player character was walking around. Again, this might be old news, but I thought it's kinda interesting that the Pokémon-Amie is such a major feature that it's basically there all the time for us to use.

PSS, Pokemon Amie and Super Training will all be on the bottom screen in the actual game, I think PSS is default and then Pokemon Amie was the only one for the Demo.

PSS, Pokemon Amie and Super Training will all be on the bottom screen in the actual game, I think PSS is default and then Pokemon Amie was the only one for the Demo.
Ohh, I see. Well that's cool, having easy access to all of them instead of facilities or whatnot to go to.

Ditto24

Ohh, I see. Well that's cool, having easy access to all of them instead of facilities or whatnot to go to.

Yeah, it's all at the touch of a button :) But I'm wondering if we will have access to all 3 from the very beginning or whether we need to achieve some milestone first. Maybe we need the first badge like we did for the C-Gear and then maybe Pokemon Amie and Super Training get unlocked after something else.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, it's all at the touch of a button :) But I'm wondering if we will have access to all 3 from the very beginning or whether we need to achieve some milestone first. Maybe we need the first badge like we did for the C-Gear and then maybe Pokemon Amie and Super Training get unlocked after something else.

I thought Super Training was done in the Tower of Mastery? Maybe you have to go there first before you unlock it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I thought Super Training was done in the Tower of Mastery? Maybe you have to go there first before you unlock it.

Probably. When you reach there, the person will probably just go "These are your base stats, blah blah blah" and then unlock Super Training on the touch screen.

Grey Wind

The official site just says that Super Training appears on the touch screen "whenever you are not in battle or viewing an event". It doesn't mention the Tower of Mastery as far as I can see.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'm also curious to see how many old pokemon get new cries, we have 3 confirmed so far

I know of Pikachu's new cry, but what are the others?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I think the anime voice thing - specifically where the Pokemon says its own name - is just gonna be Pikachu-only; it is the series mascot, after all, but there isn't much of a point in implementing it for everything else.

dman_dustin

I think the anime voice thing - specifically where the Pokemon says its own name - is just gonna be Pikachu-only; it is the series mascot, after all, but there isn't much of a point in implementing it for everything else.

Even those who have roars and grunts like Charizard?

I mean I see your point...but I don't see what's wrong with Pokemon like Charizard.

Mewtwo and Crobat, I think.

Come to think of it, I would be okay if some Pokemon got their anime voices, IF it's something like Charizard, which is merely a noise, a roar rather than Pokemon like Oshawott.

I think a Charizard roar would be cool.

But, I agree. Pikachu might be the only one to get an anime cry because it is the mascot of Pokemon.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Plus, doing it for every Pokémon would be a lot more costly.

nuzamaki90

It's fine, I'm just curious to know what they chose Charizard's new voice is if it's just a computer generated noise.

It'll probably sound more like a regular dragon roar. Mewtwo's new cry sounds more like some psychedelic monstrosity, which is basically what Mewtwo is, and Crobat's sounds more like a bat in my opinion. I do think they're taking cries into deeper consideration because Chespin's cry sounds like a squirrel or something, so I think they're at least trying to make the cries sound like they relate to the Pokemon.

I'm just worried about Pokemon like Victreebel, because I really don't wanna hear a woman screaming whenever I battle one.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Just heard some of the music from the Game and its amazing I really love the rival battle theme

the field theme makes me feel like im in a musical lol skipping as a walk down route 1

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Just heard some of the music from the Game and its amazing I really love the rival battle theme

the field theme makes me feel like im in a musical lol skipping as a walk down route 1

Well, it's redundant to say this by now, but I'm just as glad that GF has greatly improved on gameplay dynamics, obviously since it's on a new platform.

Speaking of music, I think it would be cool if they gave the E4 some techno/rock music, then give the Champion a theme starting off with a tune reminiscent of the beginning of Cyrus's theme. Then as the battle goes on, the theme would progressively get faster as you approach his/her last pokemon.

Meh, just something GF could('ve) experiment on without having the theme constantly repeat itself to the beginning.

pokemonranger7098

Eevee Master
Alright... I checked the video, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygAc161hi9I) and here's what I think.

1) Xerneas' attack animation looked generic (not move-specific), and Yveltal didn't appear to be moving when it shot its death beams from above (aka Oblivion Wing)

2) Smeargle would look funny using Oblivion Wing but not so much using Geomancy.

3) I think it would be possible and still be reasonable for Smeargle to Sketch and use these two moves, since there was no real "flying upward/downward" in Yveltal's attack - it just suddenly shoots high up into the sky, attacks, and falls back down (surrounded by sparkles, it appears) - and Xerneas didn't really do anything except appear to impale the air with its horns.

Status
Not open for further replies.