• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

But lots of thins in the demo, such as sycamore giving mewtwo and the way to mega evolve, weren't true,, so there's still chance it was just for the demo purpose, unless there's official announcement,,

It isn't a matter of not being true, as nothing in the demo was false; Sycamore giving Mewtwo was clearly a means of giving players the chance to try out Mega Evolutions, as evidenced by the fact that you lost the rest of your party when you got it. That's relatively different than a Pokemon's cry being changed.

Edit: The Pokemon you had access to in the wild in that area in the demo may also have been falsified for variety's sake I suppose, though the vote is out on that as far as I know.

Last edited:

R_N

But lots of thins in the demo, such as sycamore giving mewtwo and the way to mega evolve, weren't true,, so there's still chance it was just for the demo purpose, unless there's official announcement,,

Not only did the demo have it I'm pretty sure that in the stage presentation of the demo they also said as much.

It's using the anime cry. Period.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
I actually like pikachu's anime cry and wouldn't mind more pokemon having those cries. I want my kingler that says "cookie" darn it!

Rakurai

I recently realized we still haven't gotten any details on that new attack Honedge used in its debut trailer.

I hope it's another reliable Steel type move that can be utilized by multiple Pokemon who aren't capable of using Iron Head or Flash Cannon.

Thank God for Rhyhorn smashing those rocks. I wouldn't have liked a return of Rock Smash.

absolfusion

Soon.......

Rakurai

The move Mawile used was a different one, as it lacked the hearts and music notes, and was a shockwave reminiscent of Boomblast, but smaller.

I think it was probably Hyper Voice.

dacrag

Its interesting, noting that in the first two generations mostly, there are very little tutorials. Gen I only had the catching tutorial and that was optional. I don't even think Gen II had it. Playing Red I was only about five years old, and I was able to understand everything with ease. I don't understand with the more generations we've had, the more help they seem to want to give the players.

FR/LG had that TV thing that taught a lot of basic skills, and I always thought that was neat. For those that are new, they can learn from that. While the more seasoned players don't have to be spoon-fed and constantly get stopped.

That's very true. I played Blue when I was like 7 or so and I figured the mechanics out pretty quickly. The TV thing was a great idea, so would be a great return. It would be nice actually to have some tutorial on advanced stuff, like EVs and IVs. I'm still a little confused with them.

Osada

Pokemon lover
Not only did the demo have it I'm pretty sure that in the stage presentation of the demo they also said as much.

It's using the anime cry. Period.

So there was an announcement? Coz I never heard of it,, Damn,, I don't mind if all the pokemon have the same treat,, but only one pokemon? I'd prefer they all got the same treatment,,

Btw, why do you have to use 'period',, are you judge or something? Can you provide the link?

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
Anyone else notice that amazing futuristic battle soundtrack in the trailer mid way through? Sounded amazing-hope thats in the game for either Gym fights or Elite 4!

Aetius

The OST of this games are awesome and probably they will be played during the battles against the GL and the E4. :D
Anyway the customization is excellent indeed and it seems we will have a lot of clothes at our disposal.

Bardische

Elegance.
Woah, was it just me, or was Gogoat able to jump over ledges that were only passable on one side? What I mean the ledges were going downwards, but Gogoat was going upwards? Did I see that part correctly?

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Yeah, the soundtrack so far sounds really good, it's great to see that they're really getting everything out of the 3DS' sound engine.

Aetius

Woah, was it just me, or was Gogoat able to jump over ledges that were only passable on one side? What I mean the ledges were going downwards, but Gogoat was going upwards? Did I see that part correctly?

That was Skiddo, but yes, he can go upwards. :D

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I feel so sorry for Skiddy, and Serebii agrees with me. 90% of all people talking about it says he's Gogoat, haha. ^^ Poor Little guy.

Also, nice to see Ridable Rhyhorn in action. I wonder if that's the same Rhyhorn from the beginning house.

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
Didnt they say in the beginning that pikachu was one of Few pokemon with an anime voice?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
wow that gym leader battle theme is absolutely bad ***. completely different from any gym battle theme we've had before. in fact, it's reminiscent of pokemon battle revolution's stargazer colloseum theme a bit. it's amazing to hear this on a handheld.

does anybody know what that music is at the end of the trailer on the main page? it sounds very upbeat and intense sounding. i'd assume it's a team flare battle theme or something.

Last edited:

Ninfia-Fan

.......That theme is AMAZING!!! I think that perfectly suits the GLs - just the right amount of tension and seriousness! I can't wait the final 3 weeks to X and Y!

Also the final theme heard could very well be Team Flare's. Maybe an Admin's theme if each admin has their own remix? But really, that theme suits all of Team Flare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.