• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterKinRyu

Spectral Fae Trainer
Guys, wait till the guides come out. Be happy you at least have the Kalos dex and some Evo-methods.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
one thing I'm curious to know is if they included seasons or dropped them, I really loved the seasons in Gen V and really hope they didn't cut them :(

I was prepared to dress according to the season, but I don't think they made a return sadly.

abdulmuhsee

So has anyone heard word on whether or not we'll be getting some sort of battle frontier or battle tower? Some reviews have been saying the post-game is somewhat skimpy, so I'm worried. I'd even settle for a battle subway at this point.

R_N

So has anyone heard word on whether or not we'll be getting some sort of battle frontier or battle tower? Some reviews have been saying the post-game is somewhat skimpy, so I'm worried. I'd even settle for a battle subway at this point.

We have the Battle Mansion instead of a Battle Subway/Tower
It works basically the same way except I think you also have an option for Triple Battles?

Monek_OP

bernie2016
We have the Battle Mansion instead of a Battle Subway/Tower. It works basically the same way except I think you also have an option for Triple Battles?

That sounds interesting. However, I am upset at the lack of a Battle Frontier. I thought the architecture of the odd buildings from previous frontiers would look, interesting at the least in X&Y's new graphics.

I wish the Pokemon followed you and that there was another Pokeathalon. I thought those were awesome ways to interact/bond with your pokes besides battling.

abdulmuhsee

We have the Battle Mansion instead of a Battle Subway/Tower
It works basically the same way except I think you also have an option for Triple Battles?

Oh thank god, at least there's a battle facility. I'm hoping there's a huge variety of trainers, and rental battles have always been the best.

GoldenGyarados

From what I've heard, the Battle Mansion has one new item for sale, the "Ability Capsule" that let's you change your Pokemon's ability if it has two non-hidden ones. I'd link to the post that first mentioned it and the Mansion, but I'm a new member,, so you'll have to google it.

BurningWhiteKyurem

That sounds interesting. However, I am upset at the lack of a Battle Frontier. I thought the architecture of the odd buildings from previous frontiers would look, interesting at the least in X&Y's new graphics.

Battle Frontiers could always be saved for RSE remakes or XY sequels (or Z).

Last edited:

Leyniar

Guise guise... Have any of the leakers mentioned if we are getting a mini game this time around? Contests or Musical? I'm on the worry side about this, I really love contests!

absolfusion

Soon.......
New confirmation from Josh:

first off, in some reviews they mentioned maximum affection effecting battles, i wanted to see what it was like.. i didn’t expect more than “more crits”.

Theres new lives you give to your pokemon(see pic), if it has a status effect like mine was burned in a previous battle i had a thing pop up and say “Josh blows on the burn, healing Sylveon” and it went away, and of course.. more crits.

Forest curse changes the opposing pokemon to grass type,

moonblast has 15 PP and 95 BP

Ver-mont

Theres new lives you give to your pokemon(see pic), if it has a status effect like mine was burned in a previous battle i had a thing pop up and say “Josh blows on the burn, healing Sylveon” and it went away, and of course.. more crits.

Oh, God. That will make the battles even more luck-based.

R_N

Oh, God. That will make the battles even more luck-based.

I bet that local/online battles either don't use the Pokemonamie bonuses or there will be an option to leave the bonuses off.
None of the demonstration battles use them, for instance and let's face it
giving these advantages in battle tower/subway/mansion goes against the "We Hate You" stance it takes

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I wish the Pokemon followed you and that there was another Pokeathalon. I thought those were awesome ways to interact/bond with your pokes besides battling.

I thought that was a waste of game data. Pokemon-amie is a great and better replacement for those two things.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I bet that local/online battles either don't use the Pokemonamie bonuses or there will be an option to leave the bonuses off.
None of the demonstration battles use them, for instance and let's face it
giving these advantages in battle tower/subway/mansion goes against the "We Hate You" stance it takes

I Believe it was confirmed some time ago that the Amie bonuses will not effect online battles and such. ^^

EDIT: Also, is there a way to turn off the Amie bonuses in normal gameplay, too? It sounds like it's much too easy with it, but I still wanna pet my Pokémon. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.