• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So items are not transferrable from Gen V. That was sort of expected since it's been that way since DP. But do we know whether or not Pokemon we place in the Bank from XY can hold their items? Because I'd really like to dump all my extra items (exclusive Mega Stomes especially) from my X version to my Y version, and I don't have two 3DSs.

No, there can be no items in the Bank.

Echleonus

Any leaks on how Mewtwo is obtained?

I'm presuming he will be obtainable in-game due to the forms being given such an emphasis early on. I'm not particularly interested in legendaries, more interested in the "Unknown Cave / Mt Silver" post game locations.

Cheers.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Any leaks on how Mewtwo is obtained?

I'm presuming he will be obtainable in-game due to the forms being given such an emphasis early on. I'm not particularly interested in legendaries, more interested in the "Unknown Cave / Mt Silver" post game locations.

Cheers.

As far as I know, Mewtwo is found in a cave in the post-game.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Is there a summary post for this thread? If so may I please have a link?

Vulpix Master

The Fire Trainer
I'm sorry to join the many, many asking questions but this thread is massive! and I have searched for answers to no luck. So was wondering fi anyone could help me out with these:

With the other megaevo items for the Kanto starters be available to buy at some other point in the game? Really want to use Squirtle for my play through but don't want to miss out on Charizard X at all!
and how soon into the game is trading available to use?

Thanks! :)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Is the old style EV training still in the game?

Yes it is.

Is there a summary post for this thread? If so may I please have a link?

There is not, if you can't find your answer through Google or searching the forums, it's because the answer is unknown.

I'm sorry to join the many, many asking questions but this thread is massive! and I have searched for answers to no luck. So was wondering fi anyone could help me out with these:

With the other megaevo items for the Kanto starters be available to buy at some other point in the game? Really want to use Squirtle for my play through but don't want to miss out on Charizard X at all!
and how soon into the game is trading available to use?

Thanks! :)

Whether you'll be able to obtain the other Mega Evolution stones or not is unknown, as is specifics on trading. However there's no reason to believe the restriction will be any different than they were before.

shadow_wolf

Trading isn't too clear. You csm access it via the pss system once you get it. However not sure if if it's restricted until after the first badge which is is quite early in.

Hasty

Moonside
youtube.com/watch?v=qgjDZFg19DA

FIRST 30 MINUTES OF GAMEPLA

I watched it a little. The battles look kinda boring. :(
Imo, the battles would look so much better and more dynamic if the camera would zoom in and out and move up/down and/or right/left sometimes...

We just have those split screen and different camera angles (only in Sky Battles) right?

Last edited:
Imo, the battles would look so much better and more dynamic if the camera would zoom in and out and move up/down and/or right/left sometimes...
I didn't watch the video, as I don't want to spoil myself too much, so I'm not what it was like... but I think you can move the camera (zoom in and out, move around) with the pads by yourself. I'm not 100% sure of this though, so someone may correct me, but maybe in that video the person just didn't do anything and thus it didn't feel as dynamic.

Hasty

Moonside
I didn't watch the video, as I don't want to spoil myself too much, so I'm not what it was like... but I think you can move the camera (zoom in and out, move around) with the pads by yourself. I'm not 100% sure of this though, so someone may correct me, but maybe in that video the person just didn't do anything and thus it didn't feel as dynamic.
^ That would be cool. Can someone confirm that? :p

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I don't remember reading about this but i don't watch much of the leaks and spoliers to do I like to figure out myself XD but that would be very intreasting to see though...

Samayowa

you amaze me.
youtube.com/watch?v=qgjDZFg19DA

FIRST 30 MINUTES OF GAMEPLA

gahhh! You shouldn't have show me this. Trying to resist the urge to watch the other videos. I don't wanna ruin the experience but dear lord it looks so great!

Hasty

Moonside
oh dear 'make a kissy face', I will play Amie in my room with the door closed, I will feel rather awkward doing that in the livingroom with my parents around

Oh god, is there any way to bypass that feature of PokemonAmie? I want to use PokemonAmie but I would feel weird and spied out if I make kissy faces or wink to the camera... (ò.ó)
(The camera sees you... but you don't know what's behind the camera... Yes I'm paranoid.. xD)

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Status
Not open for further replies.