• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Yeah he didn't mention anything like that being unlocked after beating the e4

I hope they do round 2 battles of the gym leaders or the elite 4 but seeing as he didn't mention it maybe they're not in sadly

R_N

I hope they do round 2 battles of the gym leaders or the elite 4 but seeing as he didn't mention it maybe they're not in sadly

He fought the e4 again and they were the exact same.
The only chance of there being a round 2 is that there's some obscure unlock method on the level of the leader rematches of hgss

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
He fought the e4 again and they were the exact same.
The only chance of there being a round 2 is that there's some obscure unlock method on the level of the leader rematches of hgss

Well I'm hoping for that although the elite 4 were higher level than I thought they'd be so I wouldn't be too upset if there was no round 2

R_N

Did he fight them before or after getting the national dex?

It sounds like you get the National Dex right after you beat the game, since he was checking out the dex numberings basically right after he started back up.

I think he also caught Zygarde & Mewtwo before trying the e4 again but i'd have to check.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I need to say I'm very, very impressed about the music theme of the battles.

Especially, I had a hard time to realize if Team Flare Grunt music is actually Champion's battle theme. Brilliant job GameFreak, once again.

Kuestmaster

Hi, just registered to say that I already have the game and it's awesome. The graphics are astounding, it's sure a change to see the characters in such a big way. I haven't had the chance to play a lot, but I already have the first medal and the Kanto starter. The pokemons level up pretty fast, and you start finding pokemons from other generations at the beginning. The first one i met was... pidgey, lol.

I'm just waiting to finish my 8 hours of work today so I can get back to play!

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
One of the things I'm looking forward to is the soundtrack. I always enjoy the soundtrack in every new Poke game. :)

But anyways, quick question. Has there been any word if play coins are used in the game at all? Haven't heard anything about them and I know certain games use them for cool stuff, like Animal Crossing for example.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I need to say I'm very, very impressed about the music theme of the battles.

Especially, I had a hard time to realize if Team Flare Grunt music is actually Champion's battle theme. Brilliant job GameFreak, once again.

what?! where are you hearing these themes from? I've been dying to hear the soundtrack I love the music I'm the games and it's one of the things I always look forward to most.

Neo_Mametchi

Does anyone know about the in game storage? For how many boxes, storage space, or any new changes/features? I'm thinking its gonna be crap since there gonna want u to pay for pokemon bank. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'd like to see some new storage wallpaper too. Would be awesome if they released new ones & we could buy them with play coins or something.

@BlackAngel - Yea I was wondering the same thing. Would be nice to know so we could start saving those play coins now.

Erchamion

You get access to both Pokemon Amie and Super Training extremely early in the game.

I know both were available immediately after the first gym, at least.

any word about the ev reducing with super training I heard about (someone mentioned it like a few hundred pages back in the dex thread I think)...

also I've asked this question like 3 times already but no one seems to notice my posts XD (or totally ignore them because the question is stupid or something...)

saldu

Is it true that you only get to choose the language of the game once, and can't change it after starting, except if you restarted completely?

If so, I'm very sad because I was very much looking forward towards playing in Japanese and only switching to English when something I don't understand yet would come up.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So with EXP Share affecting all Pokemon, does that also mean they are all getting the EVs from that encounter?

So they essentially had the Exp. All from Gen I return?

That's... Nice, I guess, although it will be sora hard to get Pokémon on equal Levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.