• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Question. In past games, by default, you get the option to switch Pokémon Before the oponent sends his out, right? But you could Always change so that you couldn't. Can you do that in XY, too? The same seems very easy, and I rather not have a option that makes it all much easier still. ^^

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Apparantley TM's are reusable. That's awesome!

They weren't going to go backwards on this.

Does anyone know about the in game storage? For how many boxes, storage space, or any new changes/features? I'm thinking its gonna be crap since there gonna want u to pay for pokemon bank. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'd like to see some new storage wallpaper too. Would be awesome if they released new ones & we could buy them with play coins or something.

@BlackAngel - Yea I was wondering the same thing. Would be nice to know so we could start saving those play coins now.

You'll have enough to store all 718 Pokemon and then some, just as has always been the case.

So with EXP Share affecting all Pokemon, does that also mean they are all getting the EVs from that encounter?

Don't think so. But if you're worried about it, the EXP Share can be turned off from what I understand.

Yes it would, any Pokemon that gains Experience gets EVs.

Question. In past games, by default, you get the option to switch Pokémon Before the oponent sends his out, right? But you could Always change so that you couldn't. Can you do that in XY, too? The same seems very easy, and I rather not have a option that makes it all much easier still. ^^

No reason these options would be removed.

saldu

Don't see why they would get rid of an option that is present in every Generation since the very first.

Is it true that you only get to choose the language of the game once, and can't change it after starting, except if you restarted completely?

If so, I'm very sad because I was very much looking forward towards playing in Japanese and only switching to English when something I don't understand yet would come up.

Nobody knows?

edit: Just found it....whyyyyy:

Official Pokemon X/Y Site said:
When you play Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to select from seven languages at the beginning of your adventure!
In previous games in the main Pokémon series, you were limited to using just one language.
Now you can play in English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, German, or Italian!
Note that once you select a language, you won't be able to change languages again during gameplay.

My last hope is that "during gameplay" might mean "you can still change it when booting the game", but they specifically say you chose the language at the beginning of your adventure....sigh.

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@Hydrohs/saldu
True, but I thought I'd ask just in case. Thank you.

Franzo

Erchamion

any word about the ev reducing with super training I heard about (someone mentioned it like a few hundred pages back in the dex thread I think)...

also I've asked this question like 3 times already but no one seems to notice my posts XD (or totally ignore them because the question is stupid or something...)

I wonder how many times one will have to repost... as of now I'm inclined to believe its just a rumour since nobody seems to care in the slightest

saldu

I assume we will get all the important items somewhere ingame since nothing is transferable?
For example, the stone from BW2 to fuse Kyurem?
Shaymin flower, Genesect drives, etc..

Also, how will we get Dreamworld abilities?
I heard there was an item you could get that would change a pokemon to it's DW ability, but the post had little info how it works exactly.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I'm wondering this too. If not, how would Deerling/Sawsbuck mechanics work? Would they be stuck in a single form?

If so, Winter Form can finally stay in it's elegant glory without me having to worry.

I bet there will be a scientist with some device like the research center in BW2 that can simulate the seasons and thus change your forms, or depending on what part of the map you are on.

If so, Winter Form can finally stay in it's elegant glory without me having to worry.

I bet there will be a scientist with some device like the research center in BW2 that can simulate the seasons and thus change your forms, or depending on what part of the map you are on.

This seems logical. I can't imagine they'd lock in just one form.

storm12

Weather Bearer
erm... not sure if this would be the right thread but does anyone know if Moonblast's power etc. have been found out? Also what that Fairy move that Marill used in the trailer [child's play] is called in English?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
erm... not sure if this would be the right thread but does anyone know if Moonblast's power etc. have been found out? Also what that Fairy move that Marill used in the trailer [child's play] is called in English?

Yes. 95 Power. Fairy version of Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

And before you ask, the latter hasn't been found yet.

Here's the currently known moves.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Yes. 95 Power. Fairy version of Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

thank you :) I thought it would be :D Moonblast is my favorite move so I'm glad it's pretty powerful!

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I'm curious as to the reasoning behind removing seasons. Seems like Gamefreak has a tendency to remove interesting features that they put in for only a game or two (Join Avenue? Day/Night? Gender differences?).

Russell-Bowman

For those who have played the game already, I'm interested in knowing roughly how long it takes to get through the region. With 450 Pokemon split into three separate Pokedexes I imagine Kalos must be a really big region, and I remember one leaker saying after seven full hours of gameplay they only had one gym badge. That's something I'm a bit concerned about, so I'm keen to know how long the routes between each gym city are.

Last edited:
Question :

We all know that the EXP-Share gives the pokémon which fights 100% EXP, while the other ones get 50% EXP.
So my question is, would it be clever to ALWAYS use the EXP-Share? It has no negative side, right?

I mean, what's the point of NOT using the EXP-Share?

Status
Not open for further replies.