• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabres_King

Grass Trainer
hey have we found out if there are new pokeballs in the games?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Seasons felt messed up for me because it was Winter when it was Spring. If seasons came back, they need to tweak the system to make it feel like you're actually in that season.

Well they can't change the weather outside.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Well I'm hoping for that although the elite 4 were higher level than I thought they'd be so I wouldn't be too upset if there was no round 2

A part of me watches rematches, but in Diamond and Hoenn, if I ever needed money I'd do E4 again with the Amulet Coin.
My main problem is that in Black/White, if you do it again, they are powered up.
I prefer the Gym Leader Rematch Style, for this, so that I could do rematches against the original strength for money, but if I want a better challenge/level up stronger pokes easier, I'd have the souped up E4

how can they tell? doesn't a season last for 1 month? surely we wont find out until later and if this is the case what happens to Deerling/Sawsbuck to change its form?

I thought seasons change based on week?

Last edited:

Sound

Thank goodness for that.

Now maybe people will use some other strategies.

For me, it's less "people will use some other strategies" and more "oh thank god it only lasts for 8 turns it'll be easier to beat".

Also, Ice types got buffed with Frost Breath being 60BP. In other words, 120BP 90 accuracy move that ignores defensive boosts/special attack buffs. Booyah. Pretty much all ice types except Kyurem learns it, poor thing.

Edit: Unless crits got nerfed. That would be bitter sweet.

Blazios

You know, one of the people who said that weather got nerfed who nobody believed also said that Stealth Rock got nerfed as well, right?

Rakurai

Makes sense to buff Ice types offensively, considering that they're pretty much hopeless on the defensive end of things.

Wonder if they made Storm Throw stronger as well.

Tenilius

Blizzard, Hurricane, Thunder & Fire Blast reduced from 120BP to 110BP no change to accuracy.
I assume Hydro Pump will be the same.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I wonder if the hold items (e.g. Wet Stone) would work for those with the weather abilities rather than just the move, on that note. Maybe it'd mean it's a more viable choice of item.

Guess smogon and all might be reverting the swift swim/drizzle combo ban then.

Pokemon Power

I'm kinda upset that no one is giving my question a simple straight answer!!! I'm gonna ask it one last time, and I want someone to answer it clearly. How many Pokémon can you store in the Pokémon X and Y storage system, and how many boxes are there in it?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
For me, it's less "people will use some other strategies" and more "oh thank god it only lasts for 8 turns it'll be easier to beat".

Also, Ice types got buffed with Frost Breath being 60BP. In other words, 120BP 90 accuracy move that ignores defensive boosts/special attack buffs. Booyah. Pretty much all ice types except Kyurem learns it, poor thing.

Edit: Unless crits got nerfed. That would be bitter sweet.

More like: "lets find new strategies to keep the weather starter alive, or use multiple! Ninetales and Charizard Y!"

So... Much... Nerfing... :'S

- Dragons
- Weather
- The classic high powered moves
- Hidden Power
- Shadow Tag
- Crits/Stealth Rocks???

Nothing will ever be the same again! :'( Masuda really has been watching VGC hasn't he???

Last edited:

Blazios

Well, at least it's now usable in game now without RNGing.

You know... is it possible that the one person who talked about compensating for IVs with additional Super Training was telling the truth?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well, at least it's now usable in game now without RNGing.

You know... is it possible that the one person who talked about compensating for IVs with additional Super Training was telling the truth?

What more did he say??!

But really, did HP need the nerf?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm kinda upset that no one is giving my question a simple straight answer!!! I'm gonna ask it one last time, and I want someone to answer it clearly. How many Pokémon can you store in the Pokémon X and Y storage system, and how many boxes are there in it?
Idk how easy it is to answer, actually. 5th gen games for instance only gave you access to 8 initially until you filled up more, or put one in each box. So there may be requirements again to be able to find out what is the total space.
Well, Hidden Power's been nerfed.

It's always 60 power now.
Hmm, not too surprised tbh. After all, introducing a new type meant they had to change how Hidden Power worked in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.