• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazios

From what I remember, you could do as much Super Training past the EV cap to give the Pokémon the equivalent of max IVs in each stat and nothing more. Something we were all obviously sceptical about to begin with.

I would have liked HP to keep 70 power, though I suppose Technician users get a niche now without having to sacrifice IVs.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
What more did he say??!

But really, did HP need the nerf?

To me not really but I question how many of these Pokemon needed megas so clearly Gamefreak has some odd mindset about what to nerf and what to buff...

Shraeder

It's Lit
Are Power-Up-Punch and Glow Punch the same attack?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yes, they're the english & japanese names

They are? Wow.. Well.. It's a decent move regardless.. A physical Charge Beam one could say.

pika250

If no one posted this already, Viola gives away TM83: Infestation to the Trainers who are successful in defeating her in a Gym battle at Santalune Gym. It's essentially a Bug-type equivalent of the likes of Fire Spin or Whirlpool, where a target is trapped and takes damage each turn until the trapping move is over. (When I watched the early gameplay video, it was down to her Vivillon vs. her challenger's Pidgey after Pidgey defeated her lead-off Surskit. Vivillon's Infestations damaged Pidgey over and over, but not enough to exhaust the challenger's Potion supply. And attention Fire-type users, be wary that Surskit carries Water Sport.)

-Nator-

If no one posted this already, Viola gives away TM83: Infestation to the Trainers who are successful in defeating her in a Gym battle at Santalune Gym. It's essentially a Bug-type equivalent of the likes of Fire Spin or Whirlpool, where a target is trapped and takes damage each turn until the trapping move is over. (When I watched the early gameplay video, it was down to her Vivillon vs. her challenger's Pidgey after Pidgey defeated her lead-off Surskit. Vivillon's Infestations damaged Pidgey over and over, but not enough to exhaust the challenger's Potion supply. And attention Fire-type users, be wary that Surskit carries Water Sport.)

Use spoiler tags next time, please.

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
I've heard there's a new weather type, something electrical, I think. Is that true, and if so, what are its effects? Do we know for sure?

Shraeder

It's Lit
All these new moves are so interesting. I can't wait to see which Pokemon learn what.

-Nator-

I really should've pre-ordered the strategy guide for the sake of all the new moves/abilities/Megas etc. Anybody know how much they are anymore? Hopefully no more than $20?

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
From what I remember, you could do as much Super Training past the EV cap to give the Pokémon the equivalent of max IVs in each stat and nothing more. Something we were all obviously sceptical about to begin with.

So basically every Pokemon can have its max stats due to super training?

noakai

I really should've pre-ordered the strategy guide for the sake of all the new moves/abilities/Megas etc. Anybody know how much they are anymore? Hopefully no more than $20?

I dunno what country you're in but I'm in the US and it's like $13 on Amazon. But it doesn't release here until October 22, and by then I imagine all of that will have been figured out by players anyhow.

Alli

With the Hidden Power nerf, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard nerf and the weather nerf, it looks like a tough generation for special attackers…

I was planning on using a drought team with charizard, a rain team with politoed, a sandstorm team with tyranitar and a hail team with abomasnow, but that's not happening now.

Crimson_Blazer

With the Hidden Power nerf, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard nerf and the weather nerf, it looks like a tough generation for special attackers…

I was planning on using a drought team with charizard, a rain team with politoed, a sandstorm team with tyranitar and a hail team with abomasnow, but that's not happening now.

Say what now? What did they nerf? Power? Accuracy? Status chance?

R_N

Hidden Power's fixed power is really only a nerf in, like, simulator play.
Otherwise you needed specific IV manipulation to get that 70 BP hidden power of the type you wanted which is just awwwwfffulllllll anywhere outside a sim

Alli

Say what now? What did they nerf? Power? Accuracy? Status chance?

Hidden Power is now always 60 BP, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard keeps their respective Accuracy, but their base power is now 110. Weather inducing abilities like Drought, Sand Stream, etc. now only makes the weather like Sunny Day, Sandstorm, etc. would, meaning that the weather only last for five turns…

Rakurai

I don't really understand why they felt special attacks needed a nerf when as far as I'm aware, the majority of the popular Pokemon were physical attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.