• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games from before your time that you enjoyed.

Antiyonder

Overlord
I honestly don't know where this could be posted as I don't want to limit the topic to Non-Nintendo games (infact, while several of my picks are distributed on a Nintendo System, they are games originating from Atari), but I'm going to take a chance here.

Anyway, the sterotypical rules stated that people will take a dislike to games before their time due to the simplicity of graphics and sound. True to an extent, but some can and will show an open mind to the classics.

In my case (for the reference, I grew up in the NES era), I've enjoyed occasional Pac Man and Pong, with my favorite being Asteroids. And yeah, Pong is a fun game & has it's history, but Asteroids is where classic gaming is at.

Infact, I recently decided to take some chances recently to buy Atari's Greatest Hit 1 and 2 for the DS, and will be receiving Intellivision Lives for the DS as well.

Plus I currently own Pong The Next Level for GBC and Pong/Asteroids/Yar's Revenge (3 games in 1 Pak for the GBA)

Pong is the separator of the men and the boys.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
[IMG200]http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Gallery/SuperMarioBrosAni.gif[/IMG200]

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Have to go with anything on the NES/SNES. Made it for most of the 90's gaming consoles, and handhelds.

Super Mario Bros, Pac-Man, The Legend of Zelda, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Donkey Kong 3... that's all I can think of I enjoyed that came out before 1988.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Have to go with anything on the NES/SNES. Made it for most of the 90's gaming consoles, and handhelds.

90% of the NES's library is ****. Same with the SNES.

You didn't really miss that much.

Waldorf

ungrateful
The NES is older than me and I've enjoyed many games on it. I haven't really played much that goes farther back than it, although of course I've played and enjoyed Pong and Pac-Man, much like the rest of humanity. Other old arcade favorites of mine are Mappy, Dig Dug (and its sort of unpopular sequel) and, when I'm feeling intrepid, The Tower of Druaga.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Super Mario Bros., Ice Climber (better in 2P though), Game & Watch games (Chef, Octopus, Oil Panic and Judge mainly), and Pacman.

Game & Watch games seemed to be sadly overlooked, but they have a large fanbase (or somewhat large fanbase). Anyway, I like the fast paced action of Chef and Octopus, and Oil Panic and Judge make you do split second thinking.

I wish people could see the wonders that make up the G&W games.

Surfing_Pikachu

Dattebayo

Banned
Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, and Mega Man 1-3.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Super Mario Bros. Well, Pac-Man too, I guess.

That's pretty much it from before 1990. A lot of old games have design choices that don't really sit well with me.