• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games from your birth year

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I was born in 1995 when the very first Rayman game was released. :)

Ascended Dialga

I was born in 1991.

Hmm, where do I begin? Sonic the Hedgehog, Final Fantasy IV, Streets of Rage, Battletoads, Metroid II: Return of Samus... It was also the year that the SNES first launched outside of Japan, so I guess you could add the SNES launch titles to this list as well, like Super Mario World and F-Zero.

I was born in 1988

The following games that came out that year included: Bionic Commando, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Final Fantasy II (in Japan), and Mega Man 2

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In 1985 Super Mario Bros, Ghosts n Goblins, Commando, Gauntlet, and Paperboy were released. All classic retro games.

There are probably some more games harking from my birth year but the only one I can recall is the Japanese release for Pokemon Emerald, aka 2004 (damn I'm young). Coincidentally, it was released there on September 16th, which was the day I joined this forum last year, so I guess that's two birth dates in some way?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I was born in 1986, the same year The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Metroid, Starflight, and Kid Icarus were released.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I was born in 1993,

Games I binge played as a child that were also born in 1993:
- mortal combat 2
- Super mario all stars
- megaman 6
- disney's alladin
- megaman X
- zombie's ate my neighbors
- street fighter 2 world tournament
- tiny toons buster busts loose
- kendo rage
- battletoads
- clayfighters

BronzeHeart92

Now those are true classics indeed. Shame that I haven't played any Legend of Zelda games. Or any Metroid games for that matter...

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
1995. Tales of Phantasia (the first game in the Tales series) and Chrono Trigger immediately come to mind.

Some other games I think are worth mentioning:

• Rayman
  • Dragon Quest VI
  • Street Fighter Alpha
  • Castlevania: Dracula X
  • Phantasy Star IV
  • Tekken 2
  • Warcraft II
  • Yoshi's Island

So yeah, a lot of classics and even the debut of two franchises.

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
2001 so:

Super Smash Bros Melee
Sonic Adventure 2
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Pikmin
and the Gamecube was also released that year

All these games except Melee and Pikmin I also grew up with because my brother had them.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
I was born in 2001 and some of the notable games released in that year were: (mostly repeating what Shinehollow said)

-Paper Mario
-Final Fantasy IX
-Final Fantasy X
-Bejeweled? (I played that game and games similar to it as a kid)
-Pokemon Crystal
-Super Smash Bros. Melee (was released in 2001 in JP and NA but I was born in Europe where it was released in 2002 so it doesn't really count for me)

Not that much

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
2001 one so (gonna try not to repeat what Shine and Vanillite said):

Super Mario Sunshine
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (The Playstation 2 Version at least)
Golden Sun (!)

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I was born in 1993 (some repeats from lemoncatpower):

Doom
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Secrets of Mana
Kirby's Adventure
Mega Man X
Star Fox

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member

An even 20 years ago, and oh man so many good games.

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Final Fantasy 7
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Crash 2
  • Tomb Raider 2
  • Star Fox 64
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
  • Breath of Fire III
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Goldeneye 007
Also the original Fallout, Oddworld, and the first Grand Theft Auto game.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I was born in 1991.

Hmm, where do I begin? Sonic the Hedgehog, Final Fantasy IV, Streets of Rage, Battletoads, Metroid II: Return of Samus... It was also the year that the SNES first launched outside of Japan, so I guess you could add the SNES launch titles to this list as well, like Super Mario World and F-Zero.

I was born in 1991 as well. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past released in Japan that year as well. I have so many fond memories of Super Mario World!

Xionea

Half a centaur
1996, releasing such classics like:
  • Pokemon Red and Green
  • Super Mario 64
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Resident Evil
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tomb Raider
  • Quake
and the beloved classic
  • Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside

DJStarstryker

I'm an old, born in 1983. So some of the big games that came out during my birth year were:

- Mario Bros (the original arcade game, NOT Super Mario Bros)
- Mappy
- Elevator Action
- Tapper

All stuff like that. This was before the NES was released outside of Japan, when things like the Atari 2600 were big. This was also the same year as the big video game crash in North America.