• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games so great that you believe there will never be another game like it.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Banana Tiger! Banana Tiger! Banana Tiger! There will never be another game like Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Breath of the Wild mainly because it broke so many standards for a Zelda game and was so good that people are still talking about the game to this day. I think this is the peak of the series and BotW 2 has huge shoes to fill.

MrJechgo

Elite Beat Agents... While Ouendan 2 came out after that game, that's the last we heard of the series, outside of of trophies, stickers and spirits in the SSB series. The reasons why the series wasn't pushed further is because the 3DS came around, which didn't utilized the touch screen as much... and money ^^;

Still, if they would make a bigger game on Switch (because Ouendan and EBA are Nintendo IPs), they could partner up with Sega and adapt the Project Diva system to EBA. Hatsune Miku got a bunch of console games, but instead of tapping the screen, you simply press the face buttons and directional arrows when prompted.

The Switch's extra space could lead to 45 to 60 songs, getting both the Agents and all Ouendan cheer squad members (Ouendan 2 had 2 squads, 1 being the new rivals to the old ones), The button prompts wouldn't obstruct gameplay as much as those found in PaRappa the Rapper, DDR and the Project Diva games, and DLC would be added by the truckload.

EVEN BETTER, the Ring Fit ring could even be used as an alternate controller, just like Ring Fit Adventure added a new rhythm game mode this year... which completely flew under the radar due to the pandemic... and the surprising Ring Fit shortage XD

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim by Bethesda Studios. There’ll never be another game in the series like it. No other videogame can dethrone it on Xbox as the best game made in the past ten years.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There’ll never be another game in the series like it. No other videogame can dethrone it as the best game in the world.
Except maybe BotW 2 since the first one was amazing. BotW I’d say is just as immersive as Skyrim was and it still is selling really well on the Switch.

SoHowAreYou

I wouldn't say there will never be anything that will surpass it, but it will be a long time until Factorio is not the most addicting game in my library.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
I am saying the same thing. "Ultimate" means the utmost peak form of... and this game brought all the playable characters back as well as added some unexpected and sought after DLC playable characters. And although Subspace Emissary from Super Smash Bros. Brawl is wayyyy better than World of Light due to more of an intricate storyline, the inclusion of so many video game characters as Spirits is cleverly used. I have no clue how SSB will surpass the features of this past game. Because if there is, then this would not have really been "Ultimate"... unless they call the next one "Super Smash Bros. Beyond" or something and actually go beyond what they have done.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I am saying the same thing. "Ultimate" means the utmost peak form of... and this game brought all the playable characters back as well as added some unexpected and sought after DLC playable characters. And although Subspace Emissary from Super Smash Bros. Brawl is wayyyy better than World of Light due to more of an intricate storyline, the inclusion of so many video game characters as Spirits is cleverly used. I have no clue how SSB will surpass the features of this past game. Because if there is, then this would not have really been "Ultimate"... unless they call the next one "Super Smash Bros. Beyond" or something and actually go beyond what they have done.
Keep in mind that the Japanese name for Smash Ultimate, is Super Smash Bros. Special, which was avoided elsewhere because they didn't want it to sound like just a special edition to a previous entry.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Keep in mind that the Japanese name for Smash Ultimate, is Super Smash Bros. Special, which was avoided elsewhere because they didn't want it to sound like just a special edition to a previous entry.
I did not keep that in mind until you schooled me and I appreciate much fellow SPPFer. Thank you!

Captain Jigglypuff

Super Mario Odyssey is the perfect 3D Open world Mario game that is also the best Mario game ever and will definitely be hard to top. I mean how else can you top going literally to the Moon and its Dark sides? Sure there were many classic Mario enemies missing from the game and/or capture mechanic such as the Boo but becoming a living battle tank in a city was fun and the female Goomba side quest of her feeling infatuated with you depending on the number of Goombas she wants to see stacked up on each other was pretty cute. Also becoming a Bullet Bill and causing mass destruction was entertaining and I liked how you are virtually unstoppable until either the timer runs out or you hits an unbreakable Wall.

Rezzo

Occasionally
For me personally it has to be Death Stranding. I mean, I believe that Kojima will likely work on another title like it again, but whether it'll actually get approval to be similar because of the mixed bag of responses that the first game has been getting since launch I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's got a pleasant meditative quality to it.

I also don't think I'll ever find another game series that quite hits the spot like Mother 3 did for me upon initial playing. Maybe LISA and Undertale get close - but LISA is just unashamedly dark whereas I'm not a fan of Toby Fox's style of humour in Undertale. Undertale has great moments but it's nowhere near as witty as the Mother series, and doesn't have as many "hah, subverted your expectations there, player!" moments.

I've never played an action game more satisfying than God Hand.

Still waiting on a GOT DAMN port for this before I DIE

SerebieNi

Classic WoW is amazing! It's the grass roots of Warcraft with a strong sense of community. I’m glad blizzard gave us the chance to replay vanilla wow even though it’s not perfect. There’s some things I’d change such as the world buff meta but the game had caused me to log in almost every day since it’s been released. I have never played any game in my life almost every day other than classic. Now were rounding third base and bringing it home with Naxx and preparing for TBC wow classic!

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge its expansion pack. I'd say it was the one game that made me fall in love with the RTS genre. I often enjoyed spending countless hours building large bases and armies.

Recently I found a mod called Mental Omega and it takes the gameplay to a whole other level. New maps, units, factions, retelling and improving upon the previously established story. It's been fun to revisit this game again after so many years I doubt any other RTS will be as memorable to me!