• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games That Beat Pokemon

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
This is probably more suited for the general Video Games forum, but I'm not 100% sure.

What games do you think beat Pokemon? I think Chrono Trigger, Mario, Animaniacs (the SNES game), Final Fantasy (IX ONLY), The Legend of Zelda, Earthbound, and a few others beat Pokemon.

Pokemon is really great though!

Senrab

Definitely not many, but my spot for absolute favorite games is already taken by the Kingdom Hearts series. Like you said though, Pokemon is really great and probably a close second.

gliscor&yanmega

None for me. I'm not interested in most games, the few I play I'm done with quickly and play it for 5 minutes a year later. Pokemon I still get bored with sometimes but it lasts much longer for me to enjoy the game and I don't get tired as quickly when I replay it.

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
I enjoy many games but Pokemon is my favorite over all.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Pokemon is my favorite series as a whole, but as for individual games, the first two Paper Mario games are the most amazing things ever.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
The only games that could possibly beat Pokemon in my mind are the Zelda games. Especially the first four 3D games.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's hard to say that I like a game better than Pokemon if I like the two games for different reasons. Smash Bros. series would be an exception, but there aren't many others.

I don't think I could say that I liked Pokemon any more or less than Super Mario Galaxy 2, for example.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Well when I need a break from Pokémon, Mario is always awesome to play. I was a huge Yu-Gi-Oh! fan and used to play all of those games too.

Off topic...The OP is crazy! That Animaniacs game is so hard! Haha I still can't beat it to this day. Amazing cartoon though :)

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
I honestly can't think of any, there where games that I played more then pokemon at times, such as Diablo and Fiesta, however I always come pack to pokemon as my absolute favorite.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Agreed.

I don't like to say that one great thing is better than another but Mount & Blade is another one thats up there. i'll join the choir on zelda though.

What's wrong with Super Paper Mario? I found it fun and enjoyable

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Maybe you should have placed specific categories on what pokemon gets beaten brownie,Because you are only asking what beats pokemon in GENERAL, lease add categories to diversify the conversation:

For the musicals (BGMs): ties with The Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Madworld (only on Wii) and the Ar Tonelico Series

(Compares to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series, Pokemon Conquest, and Pokemon Main Series [especially the unova saga])

For the Story Plot: Ties with Final Fantasy Series, Kingdom Hearts Series, Legend of Zelda Series, Fire Emblem Series, The Legend of Legaia (PS1), Fire Emblem series, Ar Tonelico Series, Assassis Creed series, and the Mario RPG series like Partners in Time and Bowser's inside story.

(Compares to Pokemon Main Series, Pokemon Coliseum and XD Gale of Darkness, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series)

For the Gameplay Mechanics: Cave Story [in Japanese, it is said as Doukatsu Monogatari. try it. its great], Madworld (only on Wii), and Fire Emblem Series surpasses Pokemon. It ties with The Legend of Zelda Series, Harvest Moon Series, New Super Mario Bros Series, Minecraft, Mario and Luigi RPG series, Metroid Series, Assassins Creed Series, and Disaster: day of Crisis (a Wii game never going to America)

(Compares to Pokemon Main Series, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Coliseum and XD Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Rumble Series, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series, Pokepark Series, and the Pokemon Trading Card Game)

Last edited:

Sckewi

My favourite games, in no particular order are Final Fantasy VII, Command and Conquer and the Pokemon series.

It's very difficult for me to pick a favourite out of those, I love all of them!

BJPalmer85

Like someone else mentioned, the statement is to broad.

Overall I enjoy many other games over Pokemon. Assassins Creed, any game from the FF series (except the MMO's), Diablo, GT (racing), Call of Duty, Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears.....

B

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Nothing can truly beat Pokemon except The Legend of Zelda.