1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Games that have made you sad.

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by The Admiral, Jan 20, 2013.

1. The Admiral

The Admiral sans visage

No, I'm not referring to stuff like Limbo of the Lost, games that are such hideous abominations that their existence makes you depressed... I'm referring to games that, for reasons involving good writing, make you sad.

For example, Metal Gear Solid, for reasons involving
    the deaths of Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, Vulcan Raven, and Gray Fox.

Yeah, I'm looking for discussion on that matter. Are there any games that have ever made you feel sad?

2. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

a big part of ff7 made me sad :/
    [spoil] the death of aeris D:. she was such a good character in the game one of the main healers of my team and then she dies D: [/spoil]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

The MGS games, particularly the ending to MGS3 and MGS4.
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Sif in Dark Souls
    The Walking Dead
    The ending to HL2: Episode 2
    Being separated from your partner in Journey

I played most of these games in 2012. By the end of this year, I'll need therapy sessions.

4. Recon

Recon 11001101011101010100

Shadow of the Colossus
    Case 3 in Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
    That one moment in Persona 4
    Mother 3
    and a couple others that aren't coming to my mind.

Aeris's death wasn't that depressing. It was more so shock value than anything.

COME AT ME BRO!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. MetalVictini

MetalVictini Winning!

Funny this topic should be brought up, because I just finished a segment of Mass Effect 3.

I just finished the mission where you destroy a reaper on the quarian homeworld, and because I didn't have enough Paragon points, I couldn't help Tali call of the fleet to save the newly freed geth. I chose to save the geth, and Tali killed herself. Way to make me feel like crap over my decision, game.

Other games include

Mother 3
    Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (those who have played the game all the way through know what moment I'm talking about.)
    Sword of Mana.

6. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Almost all of the vignettes in Dragon Quest IX made me sad. Key ones being the town with the disease and the girl with the whale. And the story arc of that ghost girl was tearjerking.

7. Dragoniss

Dragoniss Garys wanabe waifu

the ending to Tales of the Abyss made me sad in a happy way. I don't know why but I did cry to that game. Also Skyward Sword for the same reason.

8. I really tried to hold back tears at the end of Twilight Princess. Come on, I can't have two girls or something?

9. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

First thing I thought of was Metal Gear Solid 3. The Metal Gear Solid series in general has it's sad moments pretty much everywhere but 3's ending hits that hardest to me.

Failing to save Solaire in Dark Souls. Succeeding through Siegmeyer's quest and finding him in Ash Lake in Dark Souls. Sif's bonus DLC scene in Dark Souls. Going into the final boss fight expecting a showdown with a godly super being but only to find a withered husk of a king. (Dark Souls again)

Just got to that reeeeally sad point in Persona 4's main story. There are a few Social Links I'm saving for New Game+ (Hisano's, Yumi's, dunno if I can finish Nanako and Dojima's at this point) and I'm sure those will be sad too.

Shadow of the Colossus of course.

Ending of Halo 4, actually.

Final Fantasy VI, there's a bunch of stories is this one that are beautifully sad. My favourite is the one with Edgar and Sabin's coin flip.

Majora's Mask.

Oh, and I gotta throw a big middle finger to Naughty Dog for that ONE scene in Uncharted 3.

10. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Mother 3.

Also, the endings of both of the PMD games. Granted, I knew how things would turn out in the end, but it still was really hard to not get choked up because of the music.

11. Squiddly Dee

Squiddly Dee ∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

I'm going to agree with some of the people above me and say Mother 3. I don't think I need to explain why. Just... that game.

12. Starlightt

Starlightt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Heavy Rain
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2

13. *IZ*

*IZ* Well-Known Member

Red Dead Redemption.

14. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Seriously this post here. Every time you get close or start caring about someone, they die.

Oh and Gears 3 or obvious reasons. I mean, going through 3 games with someone just to...

15. wingzx

wingzx Heart-under-blade

Yes~^^ FF6 was soo beautifully sad i agree that coin flip was a great example to. i loved the whole game and it just made me wanna cry how beautifully sad it was

16. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

So much this. Also the end of Fable 2 gives you like one of the toughest choices you could ever make.

17. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

18. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Those that don't live up to my standards.

19. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

I believe that word is disappointment.

20. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

When something doesn't live up to my standards, I'm disappointed. When I'm disappointed, I'm sad.

The life of a Bob-omb is sad when you think about it.