• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games that have made you sad.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Pokemon Black and White.

The ending just sorta... Makes you lament that things are the way the are, and that it's our fault. The piano music really fits.

Going on to game-related forums makes me sadder than most games do, because there's these frankly amazing experiences somehow rising from 1's and 0's, at the very core of it all, and people still find myriad of ways to whine and bicker at the fact it wasn't exactly as they wanted it.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Borderlands 2, when a certain main character dies.

its sad because they were around since the first game.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Tuchanka, if Mordin releases the genophage cure.

And Rannoch, if Legion makes the geth sentient.

Dom's death.

Joker's death.

John Marston's death.

Cole Phelps' fall from grace and death.

Cortana's final moments with Master Chief.

Everything, especially the end.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Cortana's final moments with Master Chief.

They arent the "final" moments. Halo 4, 5, and 6 are a series to Returning/ Re-introducing Master Chief and Cortana. 343i confirmed 5&6. So I'm pretty sure cortana will return.

When the Didact "died" in halo 4. You didn't really understand much about him, just that he was evil. But, he will probably return, as I can't remember where I read it, but the Didact never truly dies. o_O spooky. I raged with tears, all you did was press a few buttons and boom, hes blasted into space

Last edited:

Xionea

Half a centaur

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
They arent the "final" moments. Halo 4, 5, and 6 are a series to Returning/ Re-introducing Master Chief and Cortana. 343i confirmed 5&6. So I'm pretty sure cortana will return.

I know they're making 5 and 6. But I was thinking more so the fact that Cortana is now dead. The fact that she touched Chief, saying, "I've waited so long to do that," and Chief's last words in the game, "She said something about that. About being a machine" were just so touching that I couldn't help but tearbend as my feels were broken. They may "bring her back" for the next two, but it most likely won't be the same Cortana we've known since Combat Evolved, unless 343 decides to pull a Wrath of Khan-Search for Spock.

Last edited:

Rakansen

ラルフ
The entire atmosphere of Majora's Mask makes me sad, especially when you notice how much the people suffer, such as Pamela, It always makes me sad when I think about how she has to fend for herself yet she's only a little girl...

The ending of all the Mystery Dungeon games also make me a bit teary eyed. They have the best storyline out of all the Pokémon games, and they truly show the power of friendship.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Dating simulators...the poor men playing them throwing their lives away...

In all seriousness though, Super Mario Galaxy 2 made me cry.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Red Dead Redemption - the ending, and don't even get me started on the credits song...

Metal Gear Solid 3 - ending was f*cking tragic

Mother 3 - ALL OF IT

Halo 4 - not my saddest moment, cause I kinda knew how it would end. Still sad though.

Batman: Arkham City - the ending was more shocking to me than sad, but seriously, WHO saw that ending coming?

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1: The feeling of being unwanted, with only your partner there for you....oh gawd.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: I'm dead? I'm dead? I'm DEAAAAAAAAD? (referring to the first ending)
Resident Evil 6: The way Helena holds Deborah one last time..
Virtue's Last Reward: The way Luna explains the contradictions of the 3 Laws of Robotics

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Mother 3 and PMD where the only games to nearly make me cry.

This. JUST THIS. I was depressed in the first hour alone ;~;
I also can't watch the ending of Tales of Legendia without wanting to grab a pillow and go to a therapist. Being overdramatic of course, BUT OH GOD NO. TOO MUCH SADNESS. TOOOOOOOO. MUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH.

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, the ending is just so touching ;; v ;; And the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games too, as well as Persona 3 because I realized in the end the main protagonist died (or went into coma or something) Q A Q

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Some parts of Tales of Abyss made me wanna cry D: one part particular
[spoil] the death of Asch. he finally can see how strong his replica is and protected him without any weapons. it was so sad and a great moment he was also one of my favorite characters D:
Also the Death of Ion was extremely sad :( [/spoil]