• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games That Have Scared You

Status
Not open for further replies.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Simple, really; what are some games that have scared you before?

I personally am still petrified of Giygas.. that's not scary, that's plain creepy. The fact that it's in the shape of a human infant adds to the huge creepy factor.. So, your turn!

When I had to face Cloud 'N' Candy in Yoshi's Story, the music creeped me out, and since I didn't know how to beat him, I'd freak out when he jumped around the screen trying to kill me. It took me a few years to figure out how to beat him.

Copygoo

Page of Heart
Left 4 Dead. Probably because I'm eleven. The Witch just REALLY creeps me out.

ShoelaceKid

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. More specifically a mini-boss.
I dunno what they're called, but you encounter one as a kid, when you go inside of the well. You fight it to get the Lens of Truth, and you see it again as an adult to get the hover boots (I think).

When you walk into the mini boss room, theres 4 arms poking out of the corners, and nothing happened until you go over to one of them. When you get too close, the arm grabs you, reveiling terrible pointed red nails on the hand, and a monster that come out of the ground. It has kind of a wide torso, with a super long neck with its head pointing up. It also creepy arms on it. It shuffles its way over to you, and you look at its horrible pale skin with red blotches on it. It comes over, and leans its unnaturally long neck down, showing you its face. It opens its mouth extra wide, to bite you...

ARG. I hate that thing so much. It creeps me out to this day. And when you kill it, its jaw kind of unhinges and it just sits there in a...super creepy way. Uuggghhh.

Left 4 Dead. Probably because I'm eleven. The Witch just REALLY creeps me out.

Have you noticed the name of the forum you are on?

Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and the LoZMM "The Well" haunt my dreams since the day I played them.

Penguinist Trainer

The Silent Hill games have always creeped me out which is why I love them so much. I love the stories, the music, the creatures, everything comes together so well.

The only thing about a game that has really scared me was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Mainly because for anyone who hasn't played the game, they incorporated a lot of trippy scenes to play with your head. Things such as your save file deleting itself, the "blue screen of death", controls changing by themselves, walking into a room being surrounded by enemies. It's such a great game.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I'm lucky I didn't get to play EarthBound as a kid and didn't collect all the Crystal Shards in Kirby 64 since their final bosses (Giygas and 02) would have traumatized me. But Bowser in Super Mario 64 always scared me specially the one in the sky.

Mimori Kiryu

Well, I can't think of any Nintendo games but...Fatal Frame is creepy. D:

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
Why the hell is this on Nintendo Discussion?

The only remotely scary game Nintendo has made is Ocarina of Time. But even that's not saying much.

To be fair, Dead Hand scared me as a kid.

Apparently you haven't played many nintendo games =\

Ocarina of Time is so childish in comparison to Majora's Mask.

I wish I could remember the names of half of the games I was going to say =\

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
Ecco the Dolphin for sega genesis
Resident evil 4 for the nintendo gamecube
Ecco the Dolphin Defender of the Future for ps2

I haven't played any for the wii or nintendo ds that scared me yet.
I still love those games.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Well, I remember I hate having to play in the Well or Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time, but I can't remember anything in Majora's Mask that's that freaky.

Also, I'm always scared of going places in Metroid Prime, from enemies just jumping out suddenly, I guess. I've played 2, though, and am completely at ease doing anything in it, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Slick

Banned
Pokemon. Dark Pokemon used to scare me.

AND I'M NOT EVEN JOKING.
Back in the day when I played Crystal I played so much and battled the Dark Elite Four member so much because I couldn't beat her, I started having nightmares about a Sneasel/Umbreon-esque morph like...coming out of the hallway and dragging me to my death. I usually woke up before these parts, but still... -shudder-

Surfing_Pikachu

AND I'M NOT EVEN JOKING.
Back in the day when I played Crystal I played so much and battled the Dark Elite Four member so much because I couldn't beat her, I started having nightmares about a Sneasel/Umbreon-esque morph like...coming out of the hallway and dragging me to my death. I usually woke up before these parts, but still... -shudder-
...You're joking. Right?

Well, Silent Hill has always scared me to the point of scarring. Especially when I retardedly looked up gameplay clips of it when I was 10. But no Nintendo game has ever scare me, at all. Not even The Well. But Majora's Mask was very eerie, and that's my weak spot when it comes to being scared.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!

This. Times 100. That damn sun always killed me. It freaked me out to the point that when I would have to go outside for recess at school, I would hide under the trees until the bell rang.

Well, I remember I hate having to play in the Well or Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time, but I can't remember anything in Majora's Mask that's that freaky.

Most of Ikana was creepy, but the only part that managed to scare the crap out of me was The Well.
Too....many.....gibdos.....

Also, I'm always scared of going places in Metroid Prime, from enemies just jumping out suddenly, I guess. I've played 2, though, and am completely at ease doing anything in it, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

MP1 seems darker and the enemies are scarier, mostly for the fact that they camouflage very well.

Nothing scared me so much as just shocking me, making me jump a little, etc...

Except when I was a kid. Skull Kid and that creepy moon in the sky in Majora's Mask gave me fucking nightmares.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Apparently you haven't played many nintendo games =\

Really, now?

Are you perhaps talking about the Metroid series in being scary? Saying I haven't played those is like saying the Halo series sells like shit.

But I mean it. Nintendo is not the kind of company that likes to make genuinely terrifying games.

Ocarina of Time had the Bottom of the Well, the Shadow Temple, Dead Hand, ReDeads, Dampe's grave, and so forth, and you're telling me those were not scary? Ocarina of Time is not childish in the fright factor. But it is the only Nintendo game to ever have scared me.

But to be fair, I haven't played Majora's Mask all that much. But so far, it isn't all that scary at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.