• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games That Have Scared You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dattebayo

Banned
Super Mario 64 - The piano and the Eel
Donkey Kong 64 - That shooting target locking on towards you in the second world
Yoshi Story - The mouse-like Boos
Star Fox 64 - That sun-like sector after you beat Star Wolf in Fortuna
Pokemon Stadium (both games) - Battling the trainers in Stadium mode

SilverDragon7683

Will Eat For Food
Hm, lets see....Well When I got Super Metroid off the VC, I was screamin so much! That one fight where the Chozo statue comes alive and you're in a small locked room, that fight with that monster you have to push back into the lava, then his skeleton crashes through the wall, the bulk of the downed ship. I jump when just about anything jumps out in the right atmosphere.

Gibdos, Redeads(aka "Mud Men") and anyhting in the Well and Shadow Temple of Ocarina STILL creep me out. I never ge close to them. WW, and TP style Redeads don't scare me at all though. The Redead and Gibdos of MM aren't so bad, thanks to all those masks. And I have no problem when they come out of a crate in Melee either.

OH, Like Likes! When you can hear them then they fall from the ceiling!

Baroque scares me alot too. But it's so cool at the same time. In an increadibly creepy way.....No nightmares yet...

Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

That's all I got right now. Oh and alot of these things still make me jump/nervous to this day.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Hm, lets see....Well When I got Super Metroid off the VC, I was screamin so much! That one fight where the Chozo statue comes alive and you're in a small locked room, that fight with that monster you have to push back into the lava, then his skeleton crashes through the wall, the bulk of the downed ship. I jump when just about anything jumps out in the right atmosphere.

Super Metroid? Maybe the Wrecked Ship, but otherwise the only thing scary about this game is the feeling something will pop out at anytime to eat you alive.

Metroid Prime 2: Dark Aether is nothing that I rarely if ever feared. But when I eventually did get to parts of Dark Aether late in the game, I no longer wanted to stay there. With Hunter Ing...hunting me, the Warrior Ing pursuing me, and a claustrophobic atmosphere, I really did feel alone.

But then you fought Quadraxis, right? : D

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
Dementium: The Ward

Bought the game, never got further from the intro. :S

First tiem i ever played The Legend Of Zelda; Ocarina of time, When I was like 7 years old.
I almost s*it myself everytime those zombies appeared.

And metroid Prime 2 Echos. My heart starts to race every time those zombie things appear at the start of the game...
I dun liek zombies.

Last edited:

Cornelius

Continent
But then you fought Quadraxis, right? : D

Yes, I fought Quadraxis and even beat the game, but whenever I had to enter the Dark World, I dreaded it. I was fine in it most of the time, but at certain parts, I just did not like it at all. Like in Taurus Bog and some parts of the Sanctuary Fortress.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Actually, another thing that scared me was the Star Kids in Ocarina of Time. The skeleton things that came out at night in the Hyrule Castle Grounds. *uuugh* Horrible memories.. I'd always freak out and jump into the water until daybreak.

The Metroid games. :l I am scared of both 3d & 2d versions. In 2d because of the music.. (really creepy!) and in 3d because of the monsters and because it looks more like you are in the game. =P

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Just remembered another one: The Waterwraith from Pikmin 2.

You drop into a watery cavern, and for a while everything's okay; all is right with the world. Then, somewhere off in the shadows, you hear heavy objects falling from above, smashing into the ground with muffled thuds. Another thing falls down, and then..."AWreuuughAwaAgheugh." From out of the darkness comes a transparent monster riding on two stone wheels and looking uncannily like a steamroller. Well, that's frightening, sure, but no biggy; just throw a few Pikmin at it, and...squeunch. Uh-oh. It didn't seem to...AGH! It's spotted me! More Pikmin, attack!

WHY WON'T IT DIE!!!

There's also the Smokey Progg from Pikmin and the Chozo Ghosts from Metroid Prime.

Last edited:
I just remembered another one:

Pre-X-ray Chozo Ghosts in Prime1

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Metroid Prime, I'm sorry but some of the enemies jumping out from nowhere was quite a shock but not terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.