• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games That Have Scared You

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyblade bearer 430

the music that pops in after a hunter wants to fight u in metroid hunters freaking sudden shock but it aint scary

SilverDragon7683

Will Eat For Food
Super Metroid? Maybe the Wrecked Ship, but otherwise the only thing scary about this game is the feeling something will pop out at anytime to eat you alive.

It was that feeling that helped enhance the terror. When I'm on edge I'll scream at just about anything. Of course, some of them are purposefully overly dramatic, but I've never been a good Metroid person. Maybe not so much scared, but tense. I like it, but unfortunatly it only works on the first playthrough, when you don't know what's coming.

Strangely enough, Devil May Cry doesn't bother me at all.....

The only Nintendo game that sort of scared me was the well in ocarina of time. MM was darker than OoT overall but that one part in the well freaked me out more than any part of mm.(Maybe just because I was younger) I got startled a few times in the Vallhala in MP3 when you opened a door and a dead body disintegrated right in front of you, Especially since I stand right next to the doors but I was not scared.

Last edited:

ShinyCollector007

Trainin's Over! DIE!
Silent Hill, must I explain?
I don't think so.....

nintendogamer15

RTFM n00bs
i thought resident evil 4 was really scary. great game though, and the well from loz oot and mm creep me out....

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
DMC was never a scary game IMO :/

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Blue Dragon isn't a scary game in the slightest, but in the abandoned hospital it was very creepy, especially when you went in the head doctor's office. Not only was it abandoned, but it had this REALLY creepy tune as background music. Damn, that part really chilled me...

phoenixofdestiny

Dream Seeker
I've never really played a game that scared me since I was about six or so, but there is a Nintendo game at which's contents I was a bit shocked, considering that it's meant to be a game for children:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2

You're laughing, aren't you? I'm serious. You (the hero) and your partner consider suicide because you were told that 'you have to disappear from this world' in order to save it.

And some of the Pokedex entries are pretty horrifying if you think about them for a bit. On tvtropes, there are tropes with 'nightmare fuel' in their names which are pretty much a collection of all these scary things...

Darkraigrl

<The Aura is With Me

O_____o; Omfg XDDD That made me lmao, not scream. XP Seeing as some of these aren't Nintendo-related, I'll say this. Black Doom from the game Shadow the Hedgehog is just creepy. Every time I even HEAR that scary voice, I get shivers going down my spine! ;.; A big WTF spoiler for the game, Shadow was supposedly CREATED from that creep! Another one is pretty much any of the endings with Eggman. Shadow says something like "Goodbye, doctor" or something along those lines, he looks like he's gonna hit him or something, the screen goes black and Eggman screams out, "NOOOOOO!" I was like, 9 at the time, so I'm over it. XDDD

Sun

The Bright One
Gruntilda was so ugly in Banjo-Kazooie that as a child I was too scared to play it sometimes because of her.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
Majora's Mask does a bit, but not in like a Silent Hill or Resident Evil way, just more of an overall sense of dread kind of way (if that makes sense >.>). Besides, the moon is fracking creepy.

random guardian

Get your flame on!
silent hill, re-deads, ect is the generic response but what realy strikes fear in my heart just like playing my new resident evil is metroids. I dont mean those metroids like metroid omega or meroid hatcher I mean just the generic small face sucking metroid. ecspecily the metroids from metroid corruption.

I first saw 3D metroids on metroid prime when I was 6. never played that again.

they just pop out of no where and shoot things at you until they get close enough. I actualy started to go backwards when I found the hall of dead space pirates in Sky Town. When I sucked it up and went in I made it to the end and started looking for an alternet route insted of removeing the energy cell realesing the metroids. multi-missile launcher was a stupid reward.I promesed never to go back until I got the X-ray/thermal/phazon vision thingy that zooms in on phazon like a sniper. Then I showed those freaking bass turds whose boss

Last edited:

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
It doesn't have to be Nintendo, does it?

Well, in Sonic Adventure Battle 2, those giant ghosts scared the crap outta me.

Probably 'cause I'm not a big fan of oversized objects, as the large gems cheat in Guitar Hero 3 still gives me chills.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
If Hitler creeps you out, why not play Persona 2: Eternal Punishment? Not only does Hitler wield Longinus' spear to fight you with, he teams up with an Elder God.

would you mind to show me? i have been looking for it on google but nothing turned up.

martinzelda

Right. On. Time.
When I was, like, 8, I was scared in Super Mario Sunshine. Yeah. In the level in the water, I was so scared of going down to the boss because he'd jump out on you and eat you. You would only see his big yellow eyes and white teeth. He was so big; scary.

Also, on PS3, Resistance (I think). When there was water, you had to swim to the other side, so, in the water. However, there was a monster that swimed and he'd go after you if he saw you. I had to hurry up, knowing that he's somewhere, close, behind me. When I got eaten, he scarded me.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
When i was younger i was scared of, the Resident Evil series for the Play Station and some of the ghost bosses in Luigi's Mansion. But years i am not that frightened of those things... With the new RE 5 and other games similar i just laugh and kill the zombie... As for Luigi's Mansion i actually have favorite bosses to battle that used to scare me... Weird world i know

Status
Not open for further replies.