• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games That Have Scared You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelers_Fan

hiding in your mind
THe only scary thing in RE:4 is the oven man, dont know why your all afraid of chainsaw guys, i think they are funny with their burlap sack of death.

But re-deads in LoZ:OoT scared me when i was a kid, especially that one at the end of the game when your following Zelda out of the castle, it got me killed so many times cuz i was afraid to go near it

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
I was scared to play the first Spyro the Dragon game in fear of falling off a ledge D:

hm, i had a simular thing with the first videogame of harry potter. those classassigments were lethal. the second game from harry potter 2 however had those big spiders in it. that forest was a disaster for me.

Vantage

I ain't witty, so no
Super Mario 64 - The piano

OH DEAR GOD.

I just about screamed the house down when that attacked me. I also had nightmares about the last Bowser battle.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned those flying head things that would chase you if you had a key in SMB 2. They're still not as scary as that damn sun, though.

XYTWO

Not funny, guys
Every effing Kirby game I've ever played, especially 64. Zero Two was really, really, really creepy. And Marx. Don't forget Marx.

Uh, let's see.
  • EarthBound, for the obvious reasons.
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That... THING at the bottom of the well.
  • Super Metroid: Crocomire's death still makes me jump sometimes.
  • Metroid Prime: The first time you fight a Metroid in Phendrana? Yeah, pretty fecking creepy, if you ask me.
  • Super Mario 64. A good fifty percent of this game is horrifying to the extreme. Esp. the eel, Bowser's laughter (and the horrifying music accompanying it on the overworld), the piano, the giant fish that swallowed you whole, and the painting for Lethal Lava Land. Oh, and dying in the Hazy Maze.

As far as non-Nintendo games, uh... Rule of Rose is only vaguely creepy in concept. Meanwhile, Persona 4... there is just something mildly disturbing about Rise's shadow. Could be that it's thirty feet tall, could be the acid-trip colors, could be the satellite dish, could be the fact that, after a short period of time, you can't hit it at all (always kinda twitch-inducing)... or the fact that it death-rays you in the face... I dunno about you, but I think it's all of those things together.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned those flying head things that would chase you if you had a key in SMB 2. They're still not as scary as that damn sun, though.

The Phantos? I believe they were mentioned at some point here...Maybe I'm just imagining it.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That... THING at the bottom of the well.

This made me laugh. Not in an offensive manner, mind you, because I am agreeing with you, it was freaking scary. It was funny because of the way it was worded. I assume you mean the Dead Hand, no?

Personally, I was terrified of Ocarina of Time when I first played it. Strangely enough though, it was not for any creepy enemies later on in the game. The Kokiri Village gave me enough of a fright-fest (I was around 6, mind you).

Even stranger yet is that my memories of the game do not coincide with the actual events of the game during Kokiri Village. From what I recall, there was a massive Deku Baba plant in a portion of the village (Think Bongo Bongo sized, but primarily shrub-like) which I was terrified of. Now one might think that this was a clearly active imagination or some intense nightmares of the game and the Deku Babas. Well that may be all fine and well, but then I also recall another scene from the Kokiri Village. Recall the tree trunk doorways to and inside of the Lost Woods. Well from another such memory of the same time as the Deku Baba one, I recall at one point going into one of these doorways and arriving at what appeared to be some spiritual shrine circular in interior shape and rather large. Within the area I recall two Stalfos (Yes, a perfect image of a Stalfos remains in my head) that you had to battle, but I did lose to them, as I remember. Call me crazy on both accounts (I sure do) but how did I remember Stalfos if I never got past Kokiri Village that first time? xD

On another note, Wallmasters make me very tense. When I enter a room and a Wallmaster's presence is known I do get very tense about the situation, even still and within every Zelda game.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Well the Fatal Frame series has made me jump a few times. But Kuon for PS2 was definatly the scariest game I've played. Games like Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil and Silent Hill don't seem to be very scary to me though.

Rakurai

I hated the Wallmasters in the N64 Zelda games. So badly, that if I knew one was in a particular room, I'd plan out a course of action in that would let me get whatever I needed and get out before the thing even touched the ground.

I also recall literally screaming at my older brother while he was playing the game, due to him having triggered one of those fake switches in the Spirit Temple that summons one of them, and just standing there wondering what in the world it did, unobservant of the fact that his shadow was increasing in size.

I was about nine years old at the time, and when I played through the Master's Quest version some time later, I made it a note to kill those things whenever I was presented with the chance out of spite for having caused those past fears.

This made me laugh. Not in an offensive manner, mind you, because I am agreeing with you, it was freaking scary. It was funny because of the way it was worded. I assume you mean the Dead Hand, no?

If that's what it was called, yeah. The thing you have to kill to get the Lens of Truth. I just... what. Whoever designed that thing should be thrown into a river with the candiru.

Also, I complete forgot the Wallmasters. Clearly they're that creepy.

Emo_Kirlia

Ghosts in any of the Sims games. First thing I did when I bought the Sims 2 was build a Cemetery in Pleasantview, then move all of the tombstones out of Goth Manor and the Caliente sisters house and put them in the cemetery. Not only are they scary, but if they drowned in the pool then they leave water puddles all over your house! Or if they starved to death they hide on your microwave, or if they died in a fire then they hang around your bath/shower. God I HATE Sim ghosts!

Also in Mario Kart 64, in Bowser's Castle the 'Thwomps' behind bars laughing scare me. Also the ones that follow you and then drop on you. >_< Every time I play MK64 I stay away from Bowser's Castle.

Last edited:
Every effing Kirby game I've ever played, especially 64. Zero Two was really, really, really creepy. And Marx. Don't forget Marx.

Really? To me, all the Kirby games I've played are really fun. But I have to agree that Marx is a bit creepy. (Especially his scream!) But the one Kirby game I will never ever play is Kirby's Dreamland 3. Zero might give me nightmares. DX

On the other hand...
Earthbound has scared me a lot, even though I never played it.
And the sun in Super Mario Bros. 3. It's creepy, and creepier when it starts moving. But not creepy enough to scare me much.

XYTWO

Not funny, guys
Really? To me, all the Kirby games I've played are really fun. But I have to agree that Marx is a bit creepy. (Especially his scream!) But the one Kirby game I will never ever play is Kirby's Dreamland 3. Zero might give me nightmares. DX

Never said they weren't fun. They just have freaky final bosses. I quite enjoy Kirby games.

Never said they weren't fun. They just have freaky final bosses. I quite enjoy Kirby games.
Oh. Sorry for the misconception. The final bosses aren't so scary after I battle them about ten times or so. Still, there are some pretty creepy final bosses in the Kirby games. ( Like Drawcia, for example. o_O) I enjoy Kirby games as well.

Darkraigrl

<The Aura is With Me
If Hitler creeps you out, why not play Persona 2: Eternal Punishment? Not only does Hitler wield Longinus' spear to fight you with, he teams up with an Elder God.

Wtf, that was Hitler?! O__O Ok, NOW I'm scared XDDD

MadWorld. When i got to stab a guy through the head with a signpost, in the tutorial, that scared me in a good way... And it kept getting scarier... In even better ways.

Darkraigrl

<The Aura is With Me
It doesn't have to be Nintendo, does it?

Well, in Sonic Adventure Battle 2, those giant ghosts scared the crap outta me.

Probably 'cause I'm not a big fan of oversized objects, as the large gems cheat in Guitar Hero 3 still gives me chills.

The ghosts? o_O; Yeah, those things STILL creep me out. >.<; King Boom Boo scared the living hell outta me! He's all like, "Blargharghrgh!!" And that laugh... *Shudders* I laughed when I kept running real fast fighting him. Knux is like, " O_O; OH S**T HE'S GONNA EAT MEEE!" That was the only funny thing about it. Oh, and look here.. If you dare... XDDD

http://www.teamartail.com/sonicx/viewimage.php/19/images/102amy.jpg

megaman12

Not Happy
I used to be scared of sonic advanced battle 2 for gamecube.Those phantoms jump out in hidden locations I got scared everytime.The rumbling control made it more scary.

ViewtifulJoe

Hero of Movie Land
Giygas was scary, true. But Majora's Mask is probably one of the scariest games I played. In 3 days, the world ends. When you put on a deku/goron/zora mask, Link screams in a creepy way. The Skull Kid is just weird. There's a small hole with a bony hand sticking out looking for toilet paper. And the scariest part is if you talk to the happy masked man in human form, he'll grab you and shake you angrily, saying you need to get the Majora's mask.
Ocarina of Time did have the spider house, though. And in Paper Mario:TTYD, if you try to read the diary on the train, you die. It's not so scary now, but when I was younger, I was freaked out.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Pikmin 2 with the Burrowing Snagret just came form mowhere and the Old Chataeu with the old man in the dining room drifting off.... *pees pants*

Status
Not open for further replies.