• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games That Have Scared You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Kracko from Kirby Dream Land, i couldn't beat that freaking thing until 5 months after, it creeps me out to this day, but i beat the crap out of it in kirby super star ultra

You have GOT to be joking. I've seen scarier things than the Kracko in my toilet! I know what you mean about the difficulty, it took me forever to beat it too, but how can you say it's scary because you can't beat it? We're talking about games that scare us, not bosses that "creep us out" because we can't beat them!

Then again, if you say it scared you, i'll take your word for it.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Kracko from Kirby Dream Land, i couldn't beat that freaking thing until 5 months after, it creeps me out to this day, but i beat the crap out of it in kirby super star ultra

Seriously? It's a cloud monster, just look at any other nintendo monster, like bowser, not scary at all.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
RCT3. It acts so real it creeps me, but I don't stop playing it.

Lizzard12

Bliep :3
The moon of Majora's mask T_T. 3 Days..And then.. BOOM D:
And Snacker from Banjo kazooie games ><"

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
The gatekeeper of the Cave of Bad Dreams of Rayman 2. I used to cry. (I was 7)

Yeah, I played that game when I as little too and it was a little weird.

RachelRach00

Lieks Mudkips
The Elder Scrolls Morrowind. I didn't know something was hitting me until the screen went red, then I'd turn around and it'd be some huge *** monster. It freaked me out. I was like, "Oh sh*t! How did I miss that!?

That and Fatal Frame, but that's a more reasonable game to be scared of.

Cobalt_Latios

I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned Eternal Darkness.

I myself haven't played that game, but from what I've read, I probably wouldn't be able to.

<C_L>

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Dead Space looks hella scary also.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
The turrets in Portal, actually. Try playing at 2 AM, walking down an empty corridor, then hearing a calm, creepy "There you are" and being shot, unexpectedly and loudly. Geez. Maybe I'm just a wuss, though.

Oh, and Silent Hill 2, but that's a Silent Hill game, so it's probably given.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Yeah, I heard Portal was weird too.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Lets see:
Redeads in OOT and MM scared me pretty much, especially the first time when I didn't know what they were and fired a hookshot at one of them.

That's about it, Majora's Moon (The moon) was pretty creepy looking but Redeads are still worse.

DarkLemmy2

I have Nothing 2 say
In Donkey Kong 64 Mad Jack used to scare the **** out of me, it got so bad that I just skiped him.

In Super Mario World on the SNES Iggy used to scare me when I was 3.

It wasn't on a Nintendo console at the time, but the cutscenes for Ecco the Dolphin on the Sega Mega-CD used to give me nightmares.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Tha_moon.jpg

Need I say more?

Infact... there are alot of creep and scary things in both the Nintendo 64 Zelda games, MM just has more of them.

Last edited:
In Nintendo games... Um... Does the Donkey Kong gameover on the Super Nintendo count? ... What? That gameover screen maybe my little mind think Donkey and Diddy were glaring at a poor little kid would put them in the ER... Or whatever it is in the jungle. You can't blame me! I had an over-hyperactive imagination and everything that was video games was real... And they were glaring! Not real good if I wanted to use the toilet and the game was still running on that screen... Thankfully, we had another toilet and my bladder control was always good.

The Fatal Frame Series... Yeah, I'm not going into detail... Although, the background music makes me want to have a fight with the doll twins... At least in the second game...

Silent Hill made me scared of the dark... Then I made a joke about how Sora is taking drugs in the beginning of the first Kingdom Hearts while playing that game.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I feel like that the music you get from battling a Titan in Sonic Unleashed creeps me out because the music makes me feel like I want to jump out of my seat. That is just my opinion though.

BladedScizor

I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned Eternal Darkness.

I myself haven't played that game, but from what I've read, I probably wouldn't be able to.

<C_L>

It had actually been mentioned on this thread a couple times, but, in my opinion, not quite enough considering what it is.

Nintendo's first, and as far as I know only, foray into the horror genre, and considering how many nightmares they've caused without actually meaning to, you can imagine they were actually pretty good at it. Firstly, storyline draws a bit from Lovecraft's tales, so that should tell you something right there. The sanity effects were well done, with some really good "Geez, that's creepy" and "HOLY CRAP, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!" moments, which is helped by the good voice acting; there were times where I felt like making a point of keeping my sanity meter high.

There are some pretty bone-chilling enemies in there, too, like the red zombies; they're kind of a pain to take down in themselves, but if you try to hack off their head and limbs expecting that to keep them out of the way, guess what... THEY. GROW. BACK.

Status
Not open for further replies.