• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games that you like but everybody hates

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Shaq Fu- Really not such a bad fighting game if you remove Shaq from the roster. The game actually used backwards escapes, rushing forward towards your opponent, and even energy shields to lessen damage long before other fighting games used them. The shields are similar to what you see in Smash Bros!
Myst on the DS And 3DS to a certain extent

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Mega Man Battle Network 4- I'm presuming that people don't like it because of its weaker plot and the fact that you have to beat it multiple times for the true experience. However, I really enjoy this game. I've only beaten it on Normal mode, but I almost got through Hard Mode.

Metal64

Shaq Fu- Really not such a bad fighting game if you remove Shaq from the roster. The game actually used backwards escapes, rushing forward towards your opponent, and even energy shields to lessen damage long before other fighting games used them. The shields are similar to what you see in Smash Bros!

I remember playing this game when I was a kid, I remember enjoying the game. I think that I gonna play this game again!

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Patapon - never fully beaten the games, but the musical rhytm and SFX annoys everybody else besides the player that hears it :p

PATA-PATA-PATA-PON!
PON-PON-PATA-PON!

The Mega Champion

Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy
Final Fantasy X-2
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Pokemon Sword/Shield
Tales of Zestiria (so far at least)

NPC

sleep researcher
A lot of people couldn't get into Monster Hunter prior to World, but I was hooked from the moment I tried Freedom Unite. Granted, the series has always been huge in Japan, so it's not exactly "hated."

I have a certain fondness for Resident Evil Gaiden, the Gameboy spin-off game. It has some interesting ideas. I don't think it was well-received.

There's a largely forgotten PS2 game by Capcom called Under the Skin. You play as an alien who disguises himself as people and plays pranks on them for points. It's not exactly Game of the Year material, but I really enjoyed it and almost never run into anyone who even remembers its existence.

MrJechgo

Mega Man Battle Network 4- I'm presuming that people don't like it because of its weaker plot and the fact that you have to beat it multiple times for the true experience. However, I really enjoy this game. I've only beaten it on Normal mode, but I almost got through Hard Mode.
After playing BN3, that was a refreshing start with BN4. I didn't like BN3, at all...
  • The game introduced the Navi Customizer, which was cool, but also restricted some key abilities to certain styles, which were kinda obtained at random.
  • MANY of the chips got nerfed (more on that later)
  • There were some difficulty spikes.
  • The Underdark was brutal
  • There were some dragging moments, such as the Island tournament, looking for a very specific chip for a kid, having to do 4 sidequests (those on the board that you usually don't care about), the Underdark missions, name it.
  • The final boss had a 100-point aura... but since most chips got nerfed, you have far less attacks that can penetrate the aura. IIRC, the M-Cannon and Shockwave3 chips went from 120 to 90 points of damage.
  • There were less themed stages.
  • The story was dark... and I mean DARK...
BN4?
  • Easy-to-access Souls
  • Difficulty settings literally set within the game with gates
  • Being shorter felt less intimidating
  • Simple premise
  • More light-hearted.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Zelda II. Admittedly I just started playing it on the Nintendo Online service, and I can see how different it is from the other Zelda games. But if you take it as a game itself, it's fine.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
After playing BN3, that was a refreshing start with BN4. I didn't like BN3, at all...
  • The game introduced the Navi Customizer, which was cool, but also restricted some key abilities to certain styles, which were kinda obtained at random.
  • MANY of the chips got nerfed (more on that later)
  • There were some difficulty spikes.
  • The Underdark was brutal
  • There were some dragging moments, such as the Island tournament, looking for a very specific chip for a kid, having to do 4 sidequests (those on the board that you usually don't care about), the Underdark missions, name it.
  • The final boss had a 100-point aura... but since most chips got nerfed, you have far less attacks that can penetrate the aura. IIRC, the M-Cannon and Shockwave3 chips went from 120 to 90 points of damage.
  • There were less themed stages.
  • The story was dark... and I mean DARK...
BN4?
  • Easy-to-access Souls
  • Difficulty settings literally set within the game with gates
  • Being shorter felt less intimidating
  • Simple premise
  • More light-hearted.
This is one heck of a hot take friend.

I played MMBN3 as my first one, but I haven't finished it, and I sold my copy in favor for a virtual console version (though I'm thinking they'll release a collection at some point). I just can't bring myself to hate 4, and I also think it came up with some good ideas like the soul system that stuck around.

MrJechgo

This is one heck of a hot take friend.

I played MMBN3 as my first one, but I haven't finished it, and I sold my copy in favor for a virtual console version (though I'm thinking they'll release a collection at some point). I just can't bring myself to hate 4, and I also think it came up with some good ideas like the soul system that stuck around.
The only thing I kinda hated for BN4 is how they distributed the Souls, and on repeated playthroughs beyond 3, you often get the same matches, instead of all 6 "Soul Navis" in one session (2 per tournament). But yeah... BN3 was a HUGE disappointment, and I played all BN games.

More on what I've said... with spoilers this time:
  • Desertman's "stage" is a tournament with mandatory decks and some of the worse trolling in order to swap decks (the NPCs talk a LOT... and you have a time limit to seek someone to trade.
    [*]Before a kid gets his operation, you need to find a very specific chip.
    [*]Plantman's stage is the Hospital... filled with Fire viruses, and chips for you to use to burn the thorns, not to mention that there were totem-like viruses which breathed fire and healed you. However, Flameman's "stage" is part of the Internet, and this time, you need to use Water chips to extinguish bonfires... but Water viruses are fewer.
    [*]There's another tournament that leads to either Mistman or Bowlman, but you need to conquer the brutal Undernet, and Copyman.
    [*]Tora and Kingman "force" Lan and Megaman to complete 4 requests so they get to know Eugene Chaud's and Protoman's secret... which after 3 games, both lan and Megaman should know by now.
    [*]Several V3 NetNavis have dumb requirements, such as V3 Bubbleman only appearing if Megaman is below 25% of his HP.
    [*]As I said, the first final boss is Bass, with a 100-point aura, which your chips might not be able to bypass, unless you have the right chips, style and navi customizer blocks. By comparison, Bass in BN2 had NO aura as a final boss, but had an aura as a secret post-game boss.
    [*]Many NetNavis were difficult as V3s, such as Gutsman being able to crack AND break all of your panels with 2 attacks under 3 seconds.
    [*]In order to get to Serenade, you had to destroy monolith-like viruses that need to be hit with a single OHKO attack.
I'm so sorry, but I've seen a lot of people defending BN3 for the Navi Customizer, but... only until BN4, 5 and 6 did that was made better.

My favorite of the series is BN2, mostly for how creative it was. Then again, I'm... a bit torned between BN5 and BN6 when it comes to second best. BN5 had the missions, Colonel (fight me :p ) and the return of themed stages... even though some combinations didn't make sense (Napalmman and Tomahawkman were bosses of a cruise ship, while Searchman and Numberman were bosses of a ninja castle... and both Shadowman and Toadman were in their respective games XD ). However, BN6 let you play as Navis in a less restrictive manner, the mini-games weren't too bad and the new characters were great.

EDIT: I realized that I never answered the question XD I liked the Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents games, but due to the risk of breaking your touch screen (which DID happen to me), those weren't too much praised due to the niche nature. If they ever make a Switch version, Nintendo... could partner with SEGA and take cues from the Hatsune Miku Project Diva games, which use the both the d-pad and the face buttons to hit notes, without busting your touch screen :p

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Another game that I like that not too many people do is Super Mario Party. It feels more relaxing to play compared to the faster paced and insanely stressful mini games. And you get to play as Bowser for once which is a nice change of pace. I like games like this where it isn’t so stressful playing a mini game that the heart goes into overdrive just trying to win.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Phix: The Adventurer

A late release for the PS1, which looks like an early release. You play as Phix, a fuzzy pink thing, who accidentally swallowed some orbs which give him magnetic powers. You must make your way across the land to give the orbs back to...a temple? Controls are frustrating, as is the camera, but the game had one aspect which kept bringing me back for more: Phix could change his magnetic polarity to attract or repel different objects/enemies.