• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Games you love despite being extremely flawed?

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Children of Mana. The gameplay gets repetitive fast and the enemies take forever and a half to kill. You can only change equipment every four floors of a dungeon, which is kind of a poor design choice. I'm not really motivated to beat the game, since I have no idea how long it'll take me. HOWEVER, it has great graphics considering that this is a DS game from 2006, and I can't simply hate a game with an anime opening. ♥
Incidentally, Secret of Mana was on Wii VC, but Wii's Wi-Fi has since been shut down. Should I download it if it ever comes out on Wii U Virtual Console?

You can still enter the Wii Store and by stuff, it's just Multiplayer Wi-Fi.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
You can still enter the Wii Store and by stuff, it's just Multiplayer Wi-Fi.
Oh. Okay. My Classic Controller is really stiff, though. DX But now we're getting off-topic.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Oh. Okay. My Classic Controller is really stiff, though. DX But now we're getting off-topic.

Yeah. Anyways, another (Not really) Flawed game(s) is the Golden Sun series. Your probably all 'WHAT? Golden Sun has FLAWS?' because it may not look like it, but the game over thing is kinda annoying. When your party is felled, you go back to the last Sanctum you used with only Isaac/Felix/Matthew at one HP and no PP heal. You would have to pay to revive your party if your Venus Adepts aren't level somethin Gallants OR have less than 15 PP.

Lets ALSO say that you died multiple times in a row.

-Raiga-

Tales of Symphonia. Dungeon design is pretty bad and cliches everywhere, but for some reason, I love it. :<

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wouldn't classify ToS, a game regarded as one of the most classic RPG's of all time, a flawed game. And a cliched story I just don't get. It's story is amazing and the way it unfolds, particularly a "certain" midpoint event in the game, was almost unheard of at the time.

Sure Namco Bandai has ruined it legacy by milking the series since ToS, but it itself is far from a flawed game.(IMO)

Xeno the Doomguy

I have a switch and getting back into Pokemon!
Fable: Lost Chapters and also Fable 2.

Midcore RPGS that rip-off my favorite RPGS series Elder Scolls but somehow I love these games... Hmm... Also loved Pokémon Black and White.... 1! Don't judge me!

Genos

TTYD
Timeshift, borrowed it from a friend a few years ago.

The story was downright bad. So it's textures. But it had great abilities like slowing, stopping and rewinding time. It was fun stopping time and shooting your enemies. It also has puzzles requiring to use the abilities. Never tried the multiplayer though.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (GBA). Mediocre but nostalgic.

Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits. People say this is the least favorite out of the other two games but I enjoy this one more.

Probably because I have some favorite songs in the game.

Last edited:

Bard_

Faith & Honor
Pokemon Yellow and Luminous Arc.
I don't have to explain the former, while the latter is just plain dumb and bad, but I love it. But I do agree it's horribad.

Unoin

The GAA games for the PS2. It's only redeeming aspects were fun multiplayer and being a GAA PS2 game. I would definitely buy a new version though if they at least made the graphics respectable

CuriousHeartless

I gotta say, the embodiment of this idea for me is the DS Digimon games. From a purely game standpoint, they were incredibly weak. Like, if they weren't part of the Digimon franchise I'd probably call them just so bad they're bad. But the Digimon part made me absolutely love playing them. Who doesn't want a team of their favorite six Digimon?

TheGreaterLucario

Digimon World Dusk and Dawn and Digimon World DS. I love them all, even though they're not the greatest of games. I just have a soft spot for them.

I also love Lux-Pain - it's not flawed, as such, but the English translation was terrible.

Well whaddaya' know? Here I thought I was the only one on here who enjoyed those!

Also, to Quazacoatl, I also somewhat enjoyed Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. For Sega's first attempt at a Sonic RPG, it was a good start. It really didn't get boring until about your third New Game +, where pretty much every battle began with an ambush in your team's favor, during which you managed to kill pretty much any enemy (even most bosses) either within that free attack from the ambush or in the turn after. TBH, if they were to make a Sonic RPG based on the Archie Sonic Comics and give it a combat style similar to that of the Tales Of series, I'd be practically THROWING my money at Sega!

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
It's not a game I find flawed personally, which is probably because it was the first game I actually played all the way through from the series, so I didn't jump into the game with big expectations like many other people probably have. Star Fox Adventures. The graphics were so awesome for the time of the Gamecube. I didn't seem to care that it's played on foot 80% of the game. To be honest, I would prefer to see more 'Star Fox' games like Star Fox Adventures where you're on foot. I wasn't even bothered by the fact that you can't use a blaster because of the game's setting. (primitive planet inhabited by dinosaurs) So I liked the staff. And I wasn't even aware that it was originally supposed to be a different game altogether until last year. But it doesn't change my stance with Star Fox Adventures at all.

Last edited:

Kumiho

Blasian
FIFA for sure. Every year a few things are improved that make you want to buy it, but then EA completely ignores several major flaws and think the new additions will let them get away with it. Nothing is stopping them, there's no competition. PES doesn't even come close to FIFA. So yea, FIFA is a fun game, but with the constant lack of true development, it gets annoying. Things they need to fix include the goalkeepers, balance of gameplay, the lack of licenses, and some more.

GalaxianEX

Digimon World 3. It gets criticized a lot, specially because of all the similarities to the Pokemon games, but I loved it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
GTA San Andreas (Remastered 360)
Now I've never played the original, I mainly bought this cause I love the HD era and this was only $4!
It just came out but knowing Rockstar it could be awhile before these bugs get fixed.
I love the gameplay, story and all that but these bugs have me stuck.

I can't start Sweet's Girl(It freezes whenever I try) and I can't finish Life's a Beach(The dance minigame is messed up)
And sometimes audio gets cut during cutscenes.

I'm just going to go collect other achievements and enjoy things while I wait for a possible patch.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
Sonic Adventure. Even though it has glitches and problems I really enjoyed it and it kind of felt like a mix of adventure and arcade gameplay.

Penguinist Trainer

Games that I love despite being incredibly flawed. Emphasis on the words "Games I love" part.

Fallout 3/New Vegas - I love the Fallout series and I was excited when we finally got new games. My issue is the bugs though. Some of the bugs are funny and endearing, like watching a Deathclaw launch into orbit only to crash to his death. That's funny. Falling through the world because the ground textures weren't properly mapped isn't funny or endearing. It's annoying. The games come prepackaged with a large number of glitches that you would think simple beta testing could iron out, but they never go away even after multiple patches.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - I love the entire series, but for anyone who has paid attention to the geography, Cyrodil wraps around parts of Valenwood and Elsweyr. There is literally nothing that upsets me more than when something brings me back to reality. I'm talking of course about invisible walls. I can't count the amount of times I'm running through the woods, trying to lose some pursuing Daedra or Bandits only to see the words, "You cannot go that way. Turn back". When the illusion is broken, I start losing interest in the game. I love the game, but darn those invisible walls.