• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gamestop Tourny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonzo123454321

Attack Trainer
Hay i know it's kinda late to mention the tourney but how many of you people feel that people won because they used hacks.
This guy used a darkrai against me and kept on useing dark void and lost.

Pkmn_Collector

Go Go Power Rangers
well most gamestops check for hacks and all that.though they shouldnt allow people to use darkrai cause the one i went to they checked ur game and ur pokemon to see if they hacked

Rakurai

Well, I won, and I didn't use any hacks.

Though I wouldn't doubt that many people used subtle hacks, like maxing IVs and such,

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
My sister won using a team she literally put together at the last minute, gathering Heart Scales and putting onto her in-game Pokémon team. That's about as far from a hacked team as you can possibly get.

(I wonder if there will be another GameStop tournament coming up.)

Chris

Old Coot
well most gamestops check for hacks and all that.though they shouldnt allow people to use darkrai cause the one i went to they checked ur game and ur pokemon to see if they hacked
LMAO Most didn't even know a damn thing about Pokémon. At all.

My team was legit. ;\ I won fair and square.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
The people running my tournament actually knew what they were doing, and I won easily enough without hacks.

SilverDragon7683

Will Eat For Food
I don't think anyone had hacks at mine. I helped to make sure. I know I heard one kid bragging about an Arceus, but I don't think he even entered. Everyone there basically used the Ubers/Legends and such. I still kicked all their Butts without the usage of ubers.

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
It's funny; The Gamestop tourny is the only thing that PBR really had going for itself XD

No, I'm pretty sure that no one at my tournament used any hacks. Plus, I won with a completely legit team.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
I lost in the third round with a water-spouting Choice Scarfing Kyogre....darn.

MrNude

Banned
I won by whoring off EV trained ubers and a Choice Specs Hyper Beaming Porygon Z. Cheap, I know. But I really just wanted the free game.

One kid in my tourny definately hacked. He had two "bad egg" pokemon in his first battle. In the second they were replaced by Darkrais. Luckily the guy he fought pinted that out and hewasn't allowed to use the hacked pokes. He lost fairly against me later in the game.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The GameStop I went to had a total Legendaries ban. There were a couple of people who pointed out that not all Legendaries were unfair, though as we all know, the guys in power don't like giving in. Luckily, they were some of those people who don't consider Manaphy/Phione to be Legendaries, so I was able to use Phione.

Pkmn_Collector

Go Go Power Rangers
same for th gamestop i went to they banned legendarys and allowed only lvl 50 all.i won my matches by luck but lost in the semi-finals

Mon_Goose

Cyrus fangirl
Luckily, there were no obvious hacks at my tourney because the people managing it knew all about Pokemon. I won second place, (legitly,of course).

Fonzo123454321

Attack Trainer
i hated the people because at that time he even had a mewtwo that wasn't caught in cearulean cave and had dark void and SR

gastrodon101

OMFG!!!!!
**** hacks

Everyone at mine hacked exept me (I don't know how to) any way I lost first round against a seven year old that hacked rare candies.(lv. 100 poke, mine were 50-90)

Chris

Old Coot
Everyone at mine hacked exept me (I don't know how to) any way I lost first round against a seven year old that hacked rare candies.(lv. 100 poke, mine were 50-90)
Hacked Rare Candy? That's it? e_e;

SilverDragon7683

Will Eat For Food
The GameStop I went to had a total Legendaries ban. There were a couple of people who pointed out that not all Legendaries were unfair, though as we all know, the guys in power don't like giving in. Luckily, they were some of those people who don't consider Manaphy/Phione to be Legendaries, so I was able to use Phione.

Wow I envy your lack of Uber tourny. I tried to get them to do that, but failed....

Didn't they set the rules to lv.50 all? Levels shouldn't have mattered.

MC Bonehead

<--- Are they real?
I lost to a Raikou and like the fastest Kyogre ever, thats why I came in fifth place, won Harry Potter tickets, and now have a Hariyama.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Wow I envy your lack of Uber tourny. I tried to get them to do that, but failed....

I ddn't say "Ubers." I said "Legendaries." The guys at that GameStop were well aware of which Pokémon were Legendary or not (except Manaphy/Phione, who are arguably more ambiguous), but they either didn't believe in or were unaware of tiers, so they just banned all Legendaries outright.

A few people came in with Over-Used Legendaries, like Heatran and Zapdos, but they were allowed to compete as long as they weren't used. No one had an EV-trained team except one other person, and I happened to face him 1st round (first match of the day too!) and lost. One kid was disqualified before the tournament began because he was using an obviously hacked Darkrai; he thought that if he got it from a friend, he didn't do any "hacking" himself and would be eligible. I think he chose not to play but hung around and watched until his siblings were all eliminated later on.

These guys seem to be more knowledgeable than the guy who was going to be in charge of the one I originally planned to go to. We would've had a PBR tournament supervised by a guy who only has a casual knowledge of Pokémon and likes to make fun of people who play it had he not lose the keys to the prizes.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
I lost to a Raikou and like the fastest Kyogre ever, thats why I came in fifth place, won Harry Potter tickets, and now have a Hariyama.

Kyogre was using CHOICE SCARF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.