• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gamestop trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
This is kind more of a rant, especially near the end. So sorry for the long wall of text.

I've had a rather confusing morning today. I finally decided to preorder Super Smash Bros for the Wii U along with the special edition GameCube Controller and Adapter for Wii U(not the bundle deal). However I wanted to cancel another preorder that I made back in May for Watch Dogs on the Wii U.

Before I go on this is how I go about preordering stuff. I order online and choose "Pick up at store", I don't have to pay any money until I pick it up when it's released.

So I first went ahead and ordered SSB, the controller, and adapter but my laptop froze while ordering. I had to start again and got the email for my order, everything was correct it had the right price. I checked back and saw instead of the price being $117.67, Gamestop showed it was $192.57.
I freaked and went back to my email to check it and it showed it was only $117.67. I clicked on the order on my account and saw the game was $59.99, the controller $29.99, and adapter $19.99. That totals out to 109.97 and after tax it's 117.67. I knew it wouldn't show up on the store's computer until tomorrow but went ahead and printed out both my email and the order on my account.
When I went to Gamestop I told the employee I wanted to cancel my preorder. After scanning my card he couldn't see my preorder of Watch Dogs for Wii U(even though it's still showing on my account). I was slightly confused about that so then I decided to ask about the preorder I did this morning. I showed him both my account order and email and he looked confused and went to get the manager.
I've been going to this Gamestop for a little while and this manager I've dealt with a few times. It seems like she really doesn't know about a lot of games cause she has to look everything up on the computer. Like this one day I went in to get Fire Emblem: Awakening and Super Mario 3D World(they didn't have either one). She thought FE:A was for Wii U and SM3DW was 3DS, looked on the computer and told me there's no game like that for Wii U or 3DS.
Anyways when I saw her come out she was looking at the print out. I told her I understand it won't show up on your system until tomorrow. It's just odd why I got charged $75 more then what I ordered. She asked if I ordered this online, I said yes and she immediately said "We don't deal with online purchases, I'll give you the number for the people that handle it." An the employee asked if I ordered Watch Dogs online too and I said yeah I did.
So I went home and called the number she gave me. 25 minutes later I got someone, now I'm not trying to sound racist or anything but I had a rather difficult time trying to understand what the guy was saying because of his accent over the phone. I finally understood after giving the order number and he explained the handling method you chose was "Pick up at store" we don't handle that, you'll have to talk with the store you ordered the game to be picked up at. Knowing that I knew I would have to talk to talked about why I was charged extra on my other order as well. I asked the guy over the phone and he looked up the three items and said "Yes that's quite a problem, it shouldn't be that high but still I can't do anything about it I'm afraid".
So after getting off the phone I went back to Gamestop. I spoke to the girl again and explained I talked with them and they said since I chose "Pick up at store" I have to deal with you guys on changing preorders. However since it doesn't actually show up on their system for Watch Dogs, she did say that if and when it get's released and I don't pick it up I won't get charged. I asked so I won't even get charged the $5 handling fee if I don't pick it up, she said that I wouldn't get charged for that either. So then I brought up my preorder that I did this morning and said since it's not in your system until tomorrow I'll have to come back and see what's up with that extra $75 right? She asked me what I ordered exactly and I told her the game, controller, and adapter. She asked what the price was and I told her but she insisted that I ordered the bundle along with the controller and adapter.
I explained to her that on my account it says the game(59.99), the special edition controller(29.99), and the adapter(19.99) which comes out to be after taxes $117.67. She was still insisting I ordered the bundle instead of the game and that's where I was getting the other $75. Which isn't right cause that would only be $160.47. I was getting a little frustrated at this point cause I only said I'd have to wait until tomorrow to figure this out. Instead she went off trying to figure it out insisting I ordered the bundle deal instead. After finally telling her that I would have to come back I walked away.
After I got home I checked it again, and I figured one way it could add up to $192.57. Somehow when I first tried ordering it and my laptop froze, it must have kept the game. Even though on my account it says I only ordered 1 of each item it's somehow counting three games but not the controller or adapter.
=179.97
tax- 12.60
=192.57

However tomorrow I won't be able to go in and figure this out, because the store is inside the mall which on Sundays doesn't open until Noon. I'll need to be at work at the same time, and it closes at 6pm while I'll be getting off at 8.
I'll just have to try and do it on Monday if I can, and hope that she's not working. Cause I know if she is it's going to be very frustrating. I've chatted with a few of the other employee's there from time to time that are really into Nintendo, as well as Playstation, and Xbox. They know exactly what I'm referring to and only check the computer's to see if stuff is in stock. I hope it's one of them or another manager that actually knows what their doing.

Here's screen shot's of the order.
Gamestop order http://i.imgur.com/FiIZPxT.png
Gmail order http://i.imgur.com/fTejNm2.png

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Sorry?

This isn't the right place to be posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.