• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gaming PC/Laptop Suggestions

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
I am considering buying a gaming PC or laptop that can support several games. The price range is up to a maximum of around £350.

Any suggestions of what to buy? Or at least what to look for?

Thanks
:559: :559: :559:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Laptops:
Avoid Intel Video Chipsets - Intel Video chipsets often don't perform well playing games. I know it supports hundreds of games, but not the ones you may find on the Xbox or PS3. Many games actually don't mention them on their requirements.

$350 isn't really alot go on. Using a randomly picked Laptop for slightly higher price (UK £300) doesn't have the correct Graphic card for games released last year.

PC:

$350 isn't really alot go on, but you can buy in parts and get better PC in time. Some Components (for example: Graphics Card) can actually exceed $350 by themselves. However, you can buy the components and then build your own Pc, you can upgrade over time. Many off the shelf PCs, such as Dell built ones, do not make it easy to upgrade.

If you have a Desktop PC you're getting rid of, see what parts you can recover, this can make the initial $350 Purchase go further. I've been doing it 10 years, but there where times where you really need to spend lots of cash to get it going.

If you want to play recent games, one of the most important piece of hardware you'll need is a Graphics card. A lot of games now use the Graphics card more than the Main Processor. Don't skimp out on the Main Processor, games still need to use it. Some Motherboards come with integrated Graphics cards, I'd personally avoid them. They are often low powered, and end up being useless in the long run. nVidia and ATi/AMD make decent graphics cards.

Unless you're planning to use Linux or you have a copy of Windows Vista or Later to use, you will need to buy copy of Windows, if you're building your own PC. Some modern games today want a 64-bit version of the operating system, and you will need it if you have more than 3GB of memory.

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
Laptops:
Avoid Intel Video Chipsets - Intel Video chipsets often don't perform well playing games. I know it supports hundreds of games, but not the ones you may find on the Xbox or PS3. Many games actually don't mention them on their requirements.

$350 isn't really alot go on. Using a randomly picked Laptop for slightly higher price (UK £300) doesn't have the correct Graphic card for games released last year.

PC:

$350 isn't really alot go on, but you can buy in parts and get better PC in time. Some Components (for example: Graphics Card) can actually exceed $350 by themselves. However, you can buy the components and then build your own Pc, you can upgrade over time. Many off the shelf PCs, such as Dell built ones, do not make it easy to upgrade.

If you have a Desktop PC you're getting rid of, see what parts you can recover, this can make the initial $350 Purchase go further. I've been doing it 10 years, but there where times where you really need to spend lots of cash to get it going.

If you want to play recent games, one of the most important piece of hardware you'll need is a Graphics card. A lot of games now use the Graphics card more than the Main Processor. Don't skimp out on the Main Processor, games still need to use it. Some Motherboards come with integrated Graphics cards, I'd personally avoid them. They are often low powered, and end up being useless in the long run. nVidia and ATi/AMD make decent graphics cards.

Unless you're planning to use Linux or you have a copy of Windows Vista or Later to use, you will need to buy copy of Windows, if you're building your own PC. Some modern games today want a 64-bit version of the operating system, and you will need it if you have more than 3GB of memory.

Right, yeah I know it isn't much but maybe I could go up a little more. Not a great deal more mind.
Yeah, someone I know offered to help build one so I may just do that. Would you say it is better to do so?