• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gaming store disgrace. Anyone thinking of buying a 2nd hand Pokemon game, read.

Pr1me_Minister

Super Kawaii ^_^
Before you all say "people who accidentally bought bootlegged games deserves to be riped off". I have this to say.

Not every Pokemon fans are blessed living in countries where you can get official Nintendo merchandise easily. Some of us live in parts of the world where piracy is rampant.

For instance, I live in Malaysia. Almost every (95% is an understatement) game shops sells bootleg GBA games. And there're fake pokemon games with the most ridiculous subtitles. It's hard for us to locate the originals and even if we do, it'll cost a lot of money (I'm talking about paying USD50 per game).

Master Ballz

I don't know about how things are in foreign countries but if someoone pays near or at retail in some cases for a used game here in the US at gamestop or the like and they buy a fakemon cart then they are a pretty foolish individual. There are just to many legit sources of these games and references to go by here to end up letting themselves get monetarily raped like that.

sandslash_1

lol i had a bootlegged yellow when i was like 9 and didn't find out till like 2 years later then threw it out and got a new one stores are just like that they just wanna make there pay oh well.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
EB Games Staff probably don't know how the real game looks like since I doubt they are interested in Pokemon enough to know the games colour should be red.

It doesn't take a genius when two Ruby Versions are right next to the other and one looks totally different to the other to realise that one of them is a bootleg. In fact, they don't even have to know that it is a bootleg, they just have to think "Hmm, that's odd, why is that one a different colour? I better check that out". Almost as soon as they did check it out they'd find out that it is a bootleg.

MukkinMUK

I love garlic. :P
That kind of trouble.
In my EB games store, have we the same problem.
But only with fake pc games, not with ps2. (Or nintendo. Yet.)

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
...Nobody's mentioned PS2 games... xP

Really? Fake PC games? They would be harder to bootleg (btw, there's a difference between cracking and bootlegging)

cxoa

Heat Trainer
Before you all say "people who accidentally bought bootlegged games deserves to be riped off". I have this to say.

Not every Pokemon fans are blessed living in countries where you can get official Nintendo merchandise easily. Some of us live in parts of the world where piracy is rampant.

For instance, I live in Malaysia. Almost every (95% is an understatement) game shops sells bootleg GBA games. And there're fake pokemon games with the most ridiculous subtitles. It's hard for us to locate the originals and even if we do, it'll cost a lot of money (I'm talking about paying USD50 per game).

$50 isnt mega expensive, in the UK there about £30.00. and as the exchange rate is around $2 to the £1 that would put it around $60.00.

pochamalover

no u lost the cheese
ive seen that a lot aas well in my gameshop its a disgrace

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
$50 isnt mega expensive, in the UK there about £30.00. and as the exchange rate is around $2 to the £1 that would put it around $60.00.

For some people 30pounds/50USD/70AUD is is a lot of money.

ive seen that a lot aas well in my gameshop its a disgrace

It sure is.

I think they were too busy and careless to even notice the difference.

Well that really shows the service and standard of the shop doesn't it...

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D

EXACTLY.i live in pakistan and there is no way u can get an original game here..if i get the chance i ask my cousins incanada to get a cartridge or 2 for me...