• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gaps in Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
That last point's the big problem. You have ignored a huge amount of what I have said. This is most obvious in you continuing to claim that evolution requires an increase in information, despite the fact that I have told you that's wrong so many times I literally lost count. Not to mention everything I've said on "missing links" and transitional forms (hint: everything is a transitional form), my discussion of the "dawn horse" (or Hyracotherium) that you brought up, and a massive portion of my second post, which you admitted to not reading much, instead deciding to create a Chrysler Building-sized strawman of my views and arguments. And when you didn't ignore what I said altogether, you gave "alternative explanations" to what I said, acting as if these alternative interpretations made up on the fly without any sort of scientific support were an equal explanation to a well-established, well-supported scientific theory, for no other reason than it may be theoretically possible.

Anyway, with all that said, all that criticism and conflict out on the floor and in the open, I still have to admit, in your own way, you did bring something to the debate. I had to search hard to answer your original questions, and often I had to consult books and websites to come up with answers. In other words, I had to think for this debate, something that doesn't usually happen with a guy like me who's surrounded by fundie creationists (frickin' Alberta). Even if you didn't learn anything from this debate, I did, and I hope others did too.

Later.

If there was some sort of prize or compensation or gift that could be given for exemplary performance in a very difficult debate, I'd gladly give it to J.T. He even summed up the faults and the fruits of the debate in a succinct two-part closing statement that accurately captures the drama of the friction between the opposing schools of thought. This is one of the best examples of - and arguments for - scientific literacy and appreciation of the scientific method I've seen outside of published literature.

This debate can't really go any further, but that's fine because it was an informative, if frustrating, experience while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.