• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp/Altaria Deck!

JoeyEs

This is a new dragon deck from dragons exalted and DragonSpeed theme deck. It is a very fast deck when used properly and I have had many wins with it... It is easy to use but I just wanted to know what you think and if it can be improved... please feel free to share your honest opinion!

Pokemon(22):

x4 Gible (Sand-Attack)
x4 Gabite (Dragon Call ability)
x4 Garchomp (Mach Cut)

x3 Swablu (Sing)
x3 Altaria (Fight Song ability)

x2 Emolga (Call for family)
x2 Bouffalant (Dragons Exalted)

S/T/T(26):

x2 N
x3 Cheren
x1 Professor Juniper
x1 Cilan
x1 Energy Switch
x2 Energy Search
x2 Switch
x1 Super Scoop Up
x4 Level Balls
x2 Super Rods
x1 Energy Retrieval
x2 Potions
x2 Giant Capes
x1 Tool Scrapper
x1 Pokemon Communication

Energy(12):

x4 Blend Energy E/W/M/F
x4 Fighting Energy
x4 Water Energy

Registeel-EX can also be added replace of a Bouffalant as the blend energies will provide Metal Energy.

Strategy: Set up basics (Gible's & Swablu's) as quick as possible (Emolga helps). Use level balls to get Gabite's and Altaria's out and then use Gabites dragon call ability to get more dragons out.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Looks pretty good so far. But which Bouffalant are you using? And here are my recommendations.

-1 Cilan
-1 Energy Switch
-1 Energy Search
-1 Super Scoop Up
-1 Energy Retreval
-2 Potion

+1 Terrakion
+2 Juniper
+2 N
+2 Max Potion

7 supporters isn't enough IMO, so I would add those. That and Max Potion is great in this deck since Garchomp only has 1 energy on it most of the time.

JoeyEs

Thanks for yours advice I think I might try it out as I am still kind of new and still experimenting. And the Bouffalant is from the new Dragons Exalted set, which does 60 damage plus another 60 against EX Pokemon.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
use more then 1 trainer/supporter/stadium t/s/s in you`re deck to increase consistancy with a card, thus inturn increase's betterdraw rate and synergy with the cards in you're deck, for instance energynswitch/search/retrieval only work if you run 3 each and a sableye for consistant use for them. The use of 9 combination N/juniper/cheren or bianca help's you get better synergy, also random reciever helps get a suporter to your hand faster (2 minimum per deck). Stuff.

after play testing against buffolant, it's not that great a a tech card, again zekrom is a better card.

p.s. 2-4 super scoop up not 1.

JoeyEs

use more then 1 trainer/supporter/stadium t/s/s in you`re deck to increase consistancy with a card, thus inturn increase's betterdraw rate and synergy with the cards in you're deck, for instance energynswitch/search/retrieval only work if you run 3 each and a sableye for consistant use for them. The use of 9 combination N/juniper/cheren or bianca help's you get better synergy, also random reciever helps get a suporter to your hand faster (2 minimum per deck). Stuff.

after play testing against buffolant, it's not that great a a tech card, again zekrom is a better card.

p.s. 2-4 super scoop up not 1.

You'll be surprised to know this deck is pretty close to perfect as far as balance and consistency goes, and I'm happy with my selection and quantity of trainers/supporters & tools as they are utilised differently for every situation. Thanks for your input, I am still to use Bouffalant so maybe if your right I might replace them both for a Registeel and a double colourless energy :D

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
For you to make such a snide remark tells me two thing's. 1. you don't play against opponents with good decks or good opponents, and 2. way to be snide to your fellow man.

Now with playtesting and useing this deck and buffolant, you're midgame is a flop because once they have a solid hitter you're shutdown if you play against an EX deck. Buffolant versus terrakion' terrakion wins everytime and with darkrai it's pretty common to find a terrakion in almost every decklist.

What I know is a proven statistic, check every pkmn tcg forum prove me right.

fun fact: If you we're to check the top 4 - 20 players of every pokemon tournament runs on average a minimum of 9 supporters a deck.

Last edited:

JoeyEs

For you to make such a snide remark tells me two thing's. 1. you don't play against opponents with good decks or good opponents, and 2. way to be snide to your fellow man.

Now with playtesting and useing this deck and buffolant, you're midgame is a flop because once they have a solid hitter you're shutdown if you play against an EX deck. Buffolant versus terrakion' terrakion wins everytime and with darkrai it's pretty common to find a terrakion in almost every decklist.

What I know is a proven statistic, check every pkmn tcg forum prove me right.

fun fact: If you we're to check the top 4 - 20 players of every pokemon tournament runs on average a minimum of 9 supporters a deck.

Firstly I am sorry if I came across as snide I certainly didn't intend to come across like that. I have played against many good decks such as Reshiram/Emboar decks, darkrai/terrekian decks. But like I said I am new and I am still to test out Bouffalants 120 Gold digger attack on EX's. The fact I am new means I am limited on cards such as pokemon and supporters but I have had a few opponents tell me my deck is pretty impressive for a first deck, now you may call me inexperienced but I am capable of utilising this deck thus far however there WILL be issues that crop up that I may be unaware of now but then I see them I will fix them problems.

P.S I take your advice and I am striving to get more supporters in my deck.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Sorry for being an idiot.

I do have tons of experience and I test and play against as many different things to understand how they work as a player, and I don't mind sharing that with other players.

If you don't have the actual cards make proxies so you can see how it works so you know what you need.