• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp Banned Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaluWoj

Gengar Enthusiast
Smogon announced yesterday morning that Garchomp has once again been banished to Ubers.

From Smogon:

"In case you weren't aware, OU suspect testing round 4 finished the other day, and the voting has been going on since then. First, the Non-Pokemon Voting finished, resulting in no bans. Just last night, the Pokemon Voting ended, resulting in Excadrill, Latios, and Deoxys-S being OU, Thundurus being put on watch due to obtaining a simple majority, and Garchomp being banned by supermajority! Yes, that's right, Garchomp is banned from OU... Again! In response to this ban, the Dream World and BW OU tiers on the Pokemon Online server have had their ladders reset for the new period. Partake of the new suspect testing round 5 and see how you fare in a metagame without Garchomp!" ~Rising_Dusk

This thread is to discuss how this will effect the BW OU Metagame. Personally, I think that we will see a slight drop in the number of Sand teams that are used, which, based on the massive amount of them I've seen on PO, will improve Poke-diversity and make things more interesting.

I also think that we will see a sharp rise in the usage of Salamence and Haxorus. People will want another dragon with huge, Garchomp-esque offenses to take Garchomp's place. Dragonite is already extremely prevalent as a bulky dragon, but I think these two dragons, which have thusfar lived in the shadow of Garchomp, will find dramatically increased usage.

What does everyone else think?

Regarde

Banned
it's about ****ing time. i voted chomp uber but i didn't think the support was there but 55-17 LOL. landorus is the obvious replacement for garchomp on sand teams so i'm guessing landorus usage will go up. doubt it will crack top 10 or even top 15 for that matter since it's typing is redundant with gliscor who was on the standard rotom-w/jirachi/gliscor/garchomp/tyranitar/reuniclus teams. o well. looking forward to a much better meta

irock245

She wants it
god damnit, i was making a team to counter garchomp. Back to the drwaing board....

legendarypokemonmaster

This will definitely cause an increase in the amount of people that use Salamence. He may be the next to be banned, just like in 4th gen as history repeats itself.
Don't ban Thundurus, he's too awesome!

Kerosene

Super Palkia
Man, my team had Chomp. Guess I'm going to have to change it.

Wait, I don't get something. Is latios banned too? And if it isn't, it has base 110 speed compared to garchomp's speed of 102.

BGP_

wow another easy poke to beat banned...i honestly dont care it's not like he was hard to beat anyways, harder than some but not really for me

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
god damnit, i was making a team to counter garchomp. Back to the drwaing board....

Just put a Weavile in your team and everything will stay the same! ;)

Dattebayo

Banned
If Thundurus gets banned on the next check, then Zapdos will be back to OU.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I have seen Garchomp used in tournaments it is a definite threat for its evasion but it can be countered though.
I wonder why they banned it that badly?

Gigastrike

I never had much of a problem with him. Any decent ice attack does the job. Maybe I just don't play against experienced battlers.

Dattebayo

Banned
I have seen Garchomp used in tournaments it is a definite threat for its evasion but it can be countered though.
I wonder why they banned it that badly?

That's the whole reason why it's banned. Its ability is entirely luck-based, and Smogon hates luck factors.

Landslide

watch out!
I saw them ocassionally, and they were quite a threat, im actually kinda happy that its banned.
weird thing is, i like ss teams and chomp wouldve done good in one.

windsong

WEST SIDE
Wooooooohoooooooooooooooo

And next time all thunderbro needs is a simple majority, so I can finally stop running spdef rachi on all my teams!

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
not a big fan of pseudolegends, especially garchomp, i think he fits in Ubers.

Zachmac

About time, I'm sick of seeing it everywhere.

To bad it wasn't banned from random match-up to....

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
My only question is why Latios is firmly OU in this metagame, while it's been pretty much sent straight to Ubers in every other gen. ..Same with Deoxys, actually. Is there something major that I'm missing here? Did 5th gen. really weaken them that much? o.0

Status
Not open for further replies.