• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp, Deoxys-S and Wobb

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

P.S. Can we put Tyranitar in ubers as well?... or am i being bias?

Think about it for a sec:

Garchom's only weaknesses are Ice and Dragon. We were all pretty much putting Ice Beam/Ice Fang/Ice Punch/Ice Shard/HP Ice on multiple Pokes on our teams just to take care of it.

Whereas Tyranitar as a x4 weakness to Fighting (very common type attack), along with x2 to Bug, Ground (common), Water (common), Steel (probably a steel type on a lot of teams to take care of Chomp and other dragons), and Grass. I don't see it as overcentralization when most teams out there, by default, have the attacks and stats to take this guy out.

with DDmence gaining outrage dragonite will be moved to BL were he belongs. since smogon states the reason its in OU is that it has both moves. but now that a faster pokemon with a higher attack stat and better moveset has both moves dragonite has no place in OU. sorry for the off topic post.

Do u think that if it had not been for the Yache berry Garchomp would be as dominant?.

Garchomp can be countered but its very situational. CS Modest Heatran can switch in on 2 of 3 moves and OHKO with Dragon Pulse. Deoxys-S can counter it and that is why its been allowed in standard play. Another counter is Abomasnow if Chomp isnt carrying its Yache berry. it can switch in on earthquake and hit with ice shard. while in the proccess removing the affect on sand veil.

Garchomp is the best pokemon in OU, someone has to fill this role. who will they remove next?. Salamence, Lucario perhaps. personally i find SD Lucario much more difficult to deal with then garchomp.

I think Garchomp should be allowed in OU, however yache berry should not be allowed as a held item.

gigak

My Tyranitar is usually killed by my buddy Blazekein however by that time he only has 2 pokes left so yea TT is overpowered but only if trrained right.
As for garchomp could be considered overpowered but dragon moves and Ice atacks are common heck my whole team has a anti-gArchomp attack

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
with DDmence gaining outrage dragonite will be moved to BL were he belongs. since smogon states the reason its in OU is that it has both moves. but now that a faster pokemon with a higher attack stat and better moveset has both moves dragonite has no place in OU. sorry for the off topic post.

Dragonite gets Heal Bell, Light Screen and Superpower for what its worth

Do u think that if it had not been for the Yache berry Garchomp would be as dominant?.

It was easily beatable back in the early days of the D/P metagame when everyone used Life Orb on it

Garchomp can be countered but its very situational. CS Modest Heatran can switch in on 2 of 3 moves and OHKO with Dragon Pulse.

Falls under prediction not countering

Deoxys-S can counter it and that is why its been allowed in standard play.

No it doesnt, it switches in on a Sword Dance, Knocks off the Yache and then dies, just like all the rest of its so called "counters"

Garchomp is the best pokemon in OU, someone has to fill this role. who will they remove next?. Salamence, Lucario perhaps. personally i find SD Lucario much more difficult to deal with then garchomp.

Aqua Tail DD/CB Tyranitar, easily beats Hippowdon and Gliscor now

Ice Punch SD Lucario beats its one and only reliable counterm Gliscor as well as incoming Salamence and Zapdos switch ins, while hitting Weezing hard at the same time

Heat Wave + Hp Grass Zapdos beats out two of its most common counters now: Mamoswine and Swampert

I think Garchomp should be allowed in OU, however yache berry should not be allowed as a held item.

Banning items is just silly to be honest

Garchomp is far to powerful anyway, its as bulkier than Swampert, gets an incredible offensive movepool and type coverage, has above average speed, and gets that ability to easily abuse to top it off

ok blue ace u said it was easily beatable when evryone used life orb on it?. so y is banning yache berry such a bad idea?

and in regards to all the new moves aquired in platinum does this mean that these pokemon will also be banned?

were gonna have an OU tier with luvdisk and qwilfish one day :D

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
ok blue ace u said it was easily beatable when evryone used life orb on it?. so y is banning yache berry such a bad idea?

Garchomp is far to powerful anyway, its bulkier than Swampert, gets an incredible offensive movepool and type coverage, has above average speed, and gets that ability to easily abuse to top it off

and in regards to all the new moves aquired in platinum does this mean that these pokemon will also be banned?

No it's just just speculation right now, but there is a possibility

[QUOTE/]Falls under prediction not countering[QUOTE/]

Garchomp is very easy to predict, hes not at all versatile.

Anyway u make good points, but i really think moving him to ubers will start a trend in this.

do u think if TTar was moved to Ubers due to Its ability to destroy its counters thanks to platinum. Garchomp could come back to OU, seeing as sandstorm wouldnt be as omnipresent as it is in the metagame atm.

My concern for this issue isnt personal seeing as i dont use Garchomp. I would however hate to see more pokemon being banned. And all of the pokemon that are banned will be physical sweepers IMO, because special sweepers will always fail to sweet lady bliss, were no physical wall posseses her walling capabilities. The ripple effect of garchomps ban could create an unbalanced metagame in the future

randomspot555

If the counter you are choosing is HEATRAN, Earthquake is the most likely attack Chomp will use because of STAB AND it won't get stuck in Outrage.

The new moves available, are for the most part, not all that good. And just because Salamence picks up Outrage doesn't make it uber. It still has a variety of weaknesses and strategies that can be used against it, unlike Chomp. With Sand Veil up, it's possible to miss on a revenge kill.

sanjay120

?(???)?
Salamence is not Chomp, really, it's not.

Tyranitar got Aqua Tail and Ice Punch for what it's worth. Ice Punch is meh since it already had Ice Beam which nailed its counters hard, but Aqua Tail packs more of a punch to Hippowdon (Adamant CB and Jolly LO DD can 2HKO with SR up) and still gets Gliscor, and Tangrowth gets hit just as hard from STAB Stone Edge. It also beats Heatran. Some people are suggesting it over Earthquake, which I guess Metagross and Jirachi could counter, but I still see it as a viable option. It's a very unlikely Uber though.

TogeticTheRuler

Anyway u make good points, but i really think moving him to ubers will start a trend in this.

do u think if TTar was moved to Ubers due to Its ability to destroy its counters thanks to platinum. Garchomp could come back to OU, seeing as sandstorm wouldnt be as omnipresent as it is in the metagame atm.

My concern for this issue isnt personal seeing as i dont use Garchomp. I would however hate to see more pokemon being banned. And all of the pokemon that are banned will be physical sweepers IMO, because special sweepers will always fail to sweet lady bliss, were no physical wall posseses her walling capabilities. The ripple effect of garchomps ban could create an unbalanced metagame in the future

TTar won't be uber unless it overcentralizes the metagame. A pokemon's usage in ubers=/= being uber.
Garchomp's banning won't ruin the metagame, its just that people now dont have to worry about swords dance outrage killing them, now they have more freedom to build teams to attack other pokemon. Ice Beam users now can use less special attack evs to one hit knock out Salamence, and Garchomps basically the only pokemon that was moved to Ubers where it originally wasn't. 1 less physical sweeper ain't going to ruin anything.

Blueties

Bluee~
They should make Sky Shaymin, and Outrage Salamence Uber now.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead

Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Chain Chomp, Sub, Brightpowder, Yache, its quite versatile, the former 2 hit anything foolish enough to try to switch into unscratched by assuming its going to SD

We should at least try to salvage OU as UU has been ruined, since all decisions are being based off raw usage as opposed to anything else

I dont understand why people want to have one of their pokes destroyed because of one extremely powerful pokemon just to revenge kill it later, if this were the case there would be no need for tiers since anything is revenge killable, and aside from that, the magical switch button exists, so they can just switch out on said revenge killer and kill another poke later on and switch out on the revenge killer

It's for the best really, we dont need extraordinarily powerful and virtually uncounterable pokes having their way with the metagame, just because people want to use them, which is typical, wanting to keep that which lets you win

They should make Sky Shaymin, and Outrage Salamence Uber now.

Shaymin Sky Forme cant be used online from what I've heard, and Outrage Salamence does have some counters, basically the same as Dragonite, Mence has slightly less Atk then Nite anyway

Last edited:
It's for the best really, we dont need extraordinarily powerful and virtually uncounterable pokes having their way with the metagame, just because people want to use them, which is typical, wanting to keep that which lets you win

i just said i dont use it??.

and all those chomps u mentioned(bar chainchomp, which is useless) have one thing in common, Earthquake and Outrage, several pokemon in OU have a dragon resist, and a whole lot more have ground immunity and resistance. i dont care, im over this. it doesnt affect me. ill still use him in BT though :p

Nenäpää

kinder surprise said:
i just said i dont use it??.

and all those chomps u mentioned(bar chainchomp, which is useless) have one thing in common, Earthquake and Outrage, several pokemon in OU have a dragon resist, and a whole lot more have ground immunity and resistance. i dont care, im over this. it doesnt affect me. ill still use him in BT though :p
I don't think that Blue Ace meant you, I think that it was a passive you-verb.

And no, only type that resists dragon is steel. Steel is weak to ground. Only pokemons that resist both dragon and ground are called as Bronzong and Skarmory. And they can't do anything back to it. And that's why Garchomp usually runs some fire move.

How can't you see that it has no real counters? That's why it's uber. Uber doesn't mean that it's immortal, it means that it's too strong to OU. Of course you can win it sometimes with your Choice scarfed Heatran (though even it fails if it doesn't use Explode and obviously it fails if Chomp uses EQ on the switch), but it doesn't make it less uber.

And even though Mence doesn't have one foolproof counter, all of it's versions can be countered by different pokemons. YacheChomp can't.

sanjay120

?(???)?
Skymin and Origiratina will probably be under Exteneded Game Clause on Smogon's server, and knowing Colin he'll stick them in Uber on his.

since all decisions are being based off raw usage as opposed to anything else

They still ban powerful things to BL, though they do underestimate things.

Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Chain Chomp, Sub, Brightpowder, Yache, its quite versatile, the former 2 hit anything foolish enough to try to switch into unscratched by assuming its going to SD

Wrong. While someone could certainly surprise a lot of people with a non Yache set, that isn't why people want it in Ubers. It's that even if you do predict it, you can't counter it. It's that strong.

Blueties

Bluee~
I wish someone post some topic, including the a list of all OU and which tutor moves they can learn.

randomspot555

I wish someone post some topic, including the a list of all OU and which tutor moves they can learn.

As far as I know, it isn't completely known which move tutor moves are available and/or what can learn them. I'd wait for a nice, clean, large, and verified update on something like Bulbapedia, Serebii's main site, PsyPokes, or Smogon instead of relying on random forum posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.