• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp, Deoxys-S and Wobb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenäpää

There's no point keeping Hasty nature if you use DDTar with Aqua tail instead of Ice beam. You can switch to Jolly then, and not reduce your defences.

I believe that Ice beam with CB isn't that useful. It'd need some sp. attack investing and neutral nature to get a change to kill Hippo (though I'm not sure if even that's enough). But Adamant T-Tar's Aqua tail may 2HKO Hippowdon, though it does 'only' 51.19% - 60.00% damage. So CB version may benefit from Aqua tail.

At least now you don't have to use Ice beam because of Garchomp. :) Stone edge kills Mence and Dragonite now.

Last edited:

Unideal

Why I don't survive
There's no point keeping Hasty nature if you use DDTar with Aqua tail instead of Ice beam. You can switch to Jolly then, and not reduce your defences.

Most of the time, Tar'd prefer not to get physically anyways. If it does, Hasty doesn't get Tar ruined, so... y'know, take 10% more damage from a physical move, or not get hit at all if Gliscor comes out. Ice Beam just tends to work out all right. =P

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Tangrowth isnt that good anyway, pretty much outclassed by Celebi in everything but countering Tyranitar.

Its still better to use Aqua Tail as it hits two of its most overlooked counters Hariyama and Machamp incredibly hard as well, in fact, Aqua Tail hits most of its usual "counters" for neutral or better, thus making it a more potent threat now

Ice Beam is still only good on a DD Life Orb set though

Last edited:

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Tangrowth as a good Movepool, and will be ownage if the Sunny Day comes out or maybe is Speed is Batton Passed. I am going to be EV Training one on my Diamond actually. :D

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..
Tangroth may not be that popular but it does have some good stats and good sunny day potential

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
i think tangrowth is cool & i might train one

Unideal

Why I don't survive
@Blueace: really? TAngrowth is an awesome option...tiers arent everything ^^

Whut? If Tangrowth was as workable as said, it would be in a higher tier. People USE what works, and since most tiers are decided on usage, therefore, it's a pretty good - not definitive, but pretty good - indicator of viability.

Tangrowth ultimately suffers from lack of recovery (which means that, while Celebi can stay fresh, Tangrowth's stuck with what it has), general inability when it comes to taking special attacks, and its typing's not really much to write home about. It's okay, but Celebi is a lot more versatile, and tends to perform similar roles just as well... plus it can actually switch in on most Water types.

It has Sunny Day, I guess, but it's not really popular (nor does it really have an equivelant to Rain Dance's star sweeper Kingdra) enough to give Tangrowth an OU bump... or much of a higher opinion.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
But let us not forget the horror of 2 Wobbefets meeting in battle *cringes*.

That's not a problem any more. I found out from experience that if two Pokemon with shadow tag are battling (Wobbuffet vs. Wobbuffet), one-on-one, then each Pokemon can freely switch out.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
Wobbuffet is Uber, because it is guaranteed to take out one Pokemon, and prevents switches. I've heard what people have said about Subseeders, Taunters, etc. countering it, but, unless Wobbuffet were their last Pokemon, who would leave their Wobb in on one? Deoxys-e isn't an Uber because although it is SUPER-fast and has a vast movepool, its other stats aren't that great. Besides, something like a Bronzong or a Dusknoir can easily counter it, the first with STAB max-power Gyro ball being a guaranteed 2HKO, and the second with Shadow Sneak.

IcyDragon0605

Look over there!
Deoxys is not an Uber, I've countered it countless times. Anyway Wobboffet is an uber, the fact that it can asure atleast one knockout is enough for me to say he is an overpowered pokemon.

I think I'll train a Tangrowth also.

Garchomp>.<

Expert IV Trainer
Garchomp still has Outrage in platinum yayy!!! Anyways now i will have my BellyZard with Outrage and Rampardos with Outrage to. Even though its UNSTAB it still hits hard enough to take out Mence.

randomspot555

Garchomp still has Outrage in platinum yayy!!! Anyways now i will have my BellyZard with Outrage and Rampardos with Outrage to. Even though its UNSTAB it still hits hard enough to take out Mence.

It's very unlikely that Charizard would actually be able to switch into Garchomp. And it could easily get taken down with Stone Edge, hurt by Stealth Rock, and then chipped away with Sand Stream.

And the true power of Belly Drum Charizard is the addition of Blaze.

Remember, while nothing resists dragon attacks except Steel, nothing is weak to them (except other Dragons). That's why Dragon attacks on non-dragon Pokemon are generally not worth it.

zapdragon14

High as the sky 8D
I'm not sure if there are any, but a fighting type could benefit from un-stabbed outrage since fight + dragon = unresisted coverage.

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
i honestly dont think that garchomp is cheap, even though he has the potential to be an uber. why do i think this? notice that almost every uber is level 70 when they appear. to get a garchomp, you need a gibble, and then evolve it twice obviously. and then you have to train it. ubers are cheap because they are so freaken easy to train. while potential ubers like dragonite, garchomp, tyranitor, ect. are hard to train since they dont appear at level 70.

Shadow_Blaze

I'm srry but when was the levelu meet realivent? Garchomp has Sand viel...thus increasing its evesivness by 20 in SS as u may know...and 130 base attack? when u miss an attack its GG right there...

and bellyzard vs chomp? -_- seriously dude...think b4 u post

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
what im saying is, is that it takes a lot of time to train garchomp. to train an uber like groudon is easy since he is already at lvl. 70 and is at his final and only form. it takes a long time to get a decent garchomp. what im saying is that yes garchomp is cheap, but it takes a lot of hard work to make him that good. while other ubers, its very easy. if you still think this isn't relevant please tell me so that i can explain it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.