• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp, Deoxys-S and Wobb

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

i honestly dont think that garchomp is cheap, even though he has the potential to be an uber. why do i think this? notice that almost every uber is level 70 when they appear. to get a garchomp, you need a gibble, and then evolve it twice obviously. and then you have to train it. ubers are cheap because they are so freaken easy to train. while potential ubers like dragonite, garchomp, tyranitor, ect. are hard to train since they dont appear at level 70.

Just because it appears at a higher level doesn't make it easier to train.

Dragonite and Tyranitar aren't uber, and likely never will be.

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
what im saying is, is that it takes a lot of time to train garchomp. to train an uber like groudon is easy since he is already at lvl. 70 and is at his final and only form. it takes a long time to get a decent garchomp. what im saying is that yes garchomp is cheap, but it takes a lot of hard work to make him that good. while other ubers, its very easy. if you still think this isn't relevant please tell me so that i can explain it better.

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
i didnt say that they were ubers. i said that they had the potential to be ubers.

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
Generally, when doing competitive battling, you assume that Pokemon will be level 100 and fully Ev'ed unless otherwise stated. Wifi brings everything up to level 100, and so does Shoddy. And compared to getting a decently Iv'ed legendary, breeding for a well Iv'ed Garchomp is much easier. Garchomp only needs to be trained to level 60 or so to learn all his moves, I think. Compared to breeding and Ev training, just leveling up a Pokemon is so easy it gets boring. I usually would just use the Super exp. AR code. But that's besides the point.

Since Garchomp is now Uber on Smogon, how do you guys think that Garchomp's abscene will affect the usage of the new Dragons with Platinum moves? This thread doesn't necessarily have to die with the banning of Garchomp.

Sudo

pretty busy...
I'm thinking CB Mence is going to be pretty darn awesome. However, with it's lower speed, defenses and Stealth Rock weakness, it's not going to have the same impact as Garchomp did.

DD Mence with Outrage is a terrible idea, it's a good way to get Salamence killed. You should stick with Dragon Claw so that you can Roost or Earthquake as nessecary.

randomspot555

The Plat move tutors are being tested with every single form of every Pokemon, apparently, so we'll all know exactly what everyone can learn.

I don't think any of these will significantly change the overall competitive environment. New move sets? Of course. Maybe a BL to OU? Sure. But that's it.

I personally don't think the game producers are thinking about competitive battling with the move tutors, and a lot of them will end up with pretty useless moves. I'd imagine only about 10% of Pokemon will actually learn a move that'll benefit them in the competitive environment.

neo_senku

what im saying is, is that it takes a lot of time to train garchomp. to train an uber like groudon is easy since he is already at lvl. 70 and is at his final and only form. it takes a long time to get a decent garchomp. what im saying is that yes garchomp is cheap, but it takes a lot of hard work to make him that good. while other ubers, its very easy. if you still think this isn't relevant please tell me so that i can explain it better.

It would seem you don't have a great, or even basic understanding of competitive battling. In game training has nothing to do with why it was moved up to ubers.

The Plat move tutors are being tested with every single form of every Pokemon, apparently, so we'll all know exactly what everyone can learn.

I don't think any of these will significantly change the overall competitive environment. New move sets? Of course. Maybe a BL to OU? Sure. But that's it.

I personally don't think the game producers are thinking about competitive battling with the move tutors, and a lot of them will end up with pretty useless moves. I'd imagine only about 10% of Pokemon will actually learn a move that'll benefit them in the competitive environment.

Ok, well if u dont think it will change the competitive environment think again. Tyranitar gets Aqua Tail. making it somewhat uncounterable now that Gliscor and Hippowdon can Be OHKO'd after a DD or two. Lucario gets ice punch, not as big since it will have to let go of crunch so dusknoir can wall it.

Salamence with outrage isnt as great as it seems, Dragon claw will still be the first option IMO. more clerics with heal bell brign learnt my more pokemon.

Azelf will gain some useful physical attack options including zen headbutt and the punches. the little **** will become unpredictable and a great mix sweeper

randomspot555

Ok, well if u dont think it will change the competitive environment think again. Tyranitar gets Aqua Tail. making it somewhat uncounterable now that Gliscor and Hippowdon can Be OHKO'd after a DD or two. Lucario gets ice punch, not as big since it will have to let go of crunch so dusknoir can wall it.

Salamence with outrage isnt as great as it seems, Dragon claw will still be the first option IMO. more clerics with heal bell brign learnt my more pokemon.

Azelf will gain some useful physical attack options including zen headbutt and the punches. the little **** will become unpredictable and a great mix sweeper

If Aqua Tail needs set up to be useful, then I'd think before using it. Also, it has that chance of missing.

I don't know if you actually read what I wrote, but what I said was: We'll get some cool, new move sets, but that I don't think it'll change too much (making Salamence uber is the popular OMGZERGSSFSEFEWRF OUTRAGE)

Nenäpää

Gliscor can be OHKOed with Ice beam without any DDs, and Hippo can be 2HKOed. Aqua tail is more likely just an alternative to Ice beam in most sets.

Weezing still walls physical Lucario about as well as Gliscor does. Gliscor can also run 280 speed to outspeed Lucario, though predicted Ice punch hurts a lot.

And what can Azelf actually do with elemental punches? I really didn't find those that useful.. Blissey is easier to deal with Zen headbutt, but many of it's counters have about as good defense as special defense (Cresselia, Heatran, Spiritomb), which makes using punches somewhat stupid idea as they have weaker base power than Flamethrower, etc. Azelf with 252 attack EVs and Life orb does 46.39% - 54.69% to bold Blissey, which isn't even guaranteed 2HKO. Without SR it surely isn't. I'm not sure, but I think that Taunting Azelf could beat Blissey more easily as it prevents status.

Also, using mixed sets means that either it's speed or other attack stat needs to suffer. Not to mention (sp.)defense.

Using Outreage DDMence can be risky, but with Yache Berry it 2HKOs most Cresselias. They can still paralyze it though. Not to forget that SR reduces Yache berry's effectiviness. It won't be as bad as Garchomp just because of those reasons.

Shiny pokemon lower

Yes that IS a difference! Dratini/Gible/Larvitat etc you have to train. Mewtwo, Ho-oh etc. Is ready for battle right after capture.

I think pokemon becomes banned if to many doesn't want to train up a team to counter them. I heard that pokemon like Blissy and Skarmory have been wanted banned to because they are to easy to use.

But I'm not an online gamer though. I just have experience with Battle Tower/Frontier ingame.

randomspot555

Yes that IS a difference! Dratini/Gible/Larvitat etc you have to train. Mewtwo, Ho-oh etc. Is ready for battle right after capture.

That is false. Regardless of the level they're at, EVs aren't distributed until it is trained.

I think pokemon becomes banned if to many doesn't want to train up a team to counter them. I heard that pokemon like Blissy and Skarmory have been wanted banned to because they are to easy to use.

"Easy to use" isn't a requirement to be uber. It's just that Blissey and Skarmory have very narrowly defined roles, and any sets beyond the standard respective defensive sets aren't used that much. Other Pokemon are more versatile in their roles, but having one or many roles doesn't make it uber.

Garchomp>.<

Expert IV Trainer
That is false. Regardless of the level they're at, EVs aren't distributed until it is trained.

"Easy to use" isn't a requirement to be uber. It's just that Blissey and Skarmory have very narrowly defined roles, and any sets beyond the standard respective defensive sets aren't used that much. Other Pokemon are more versatile in their roles, but having one or many roles doesn't make it uber.

So why banned Garchomp to ubers even with Sword Dance and Outrage with sand veil. I find it stupid of smogon to banned him. My Milotic beat 2 Chomps on the same team with substitute, Sand Stream and holding brightpowder.
Chomp is not hard to beat. Doesn't matter i'm still using mines i don't have to battle on smogon.;248;

TogeticTheRuler

Expect a lot of DCs then, because there is either the situation where they DC even if they are not from smogon(Many are from gamefaqs, dunno about marriland), or they dont know what is going on and don't really mind, which are the people you fight that dont DC.

manaphylover

[/B]

So why banned Garchomp to ubers even with Sword Dance and Outrage with sand veil. I find it stupid of smogon to banned him. My Milotic beat 2 Chomps on the same team with substitute, Sand Stream and holding brightpowder.
Chomp is not hard to beat. Doesn't matter i'm still using mines i don't have to battle on smogon.;248;

that was the most stupid thing I've ever heard. You musta been playing a 10 year old, or had a hacked milotic. How is that possible? Let's assume you both started of the battle, and garchomp uses outrage. Thats 40% minimum GONE right there. Then you use ice beam & say you knock off 80% there bam! Another outrage & your dead. Btw who uses substitute?

manaphylover

[/B]

that was the most stupid thing I've ever heard. You musta been playing a 10 year old, or had a hacked milotic. How is that possible? Let's assume you both started of the battle, and garchomp uses outrage. Thats 40% minimum GONE right there. Then you use ice beam & say you knock off 80% there bam! Another outrage & your dead. Btw who uses substitute?

Garchomp>.<

Expert IV Trainer

Stupid you say? You sound like someone who can't handle Garchomp. My friend is skilled at pokemon and is no 10 year old. If you knew Garchomp sets well you would know that i was talking about the jolly one with Dragon Claw, SD,Sub and EQ plus holding Brightpowder and sandstorm abuse. My Milo is a bold nature Def/Hp spread with Sleep Talk,Rest,Surf and Icebeam. So their you have it plus rest activates Marvel scale. You think that i would fight Garchomp head on like that without abusing my ability to? Its all brains dude so don't say it was a 10 year old and my Milo ain't Hack I bread for a long time to try and get almost 31 iv in her def and hp.

sanjay120

?(???)?
Except that for the last time, and seriously I am getting tired of saying this, Garchomp was banned solely because of its Yache Berry set. Early DP, before that monster was unleashed, it was obvious to everyone that he was top tier OU but more of a Tyranitar or Heracross level.

Also, I beat Ubers with Shedinja, tier bump plz.

sanjay120

?(???)?
Except that for the last time, and seriously I am getting tired of saying this, Garchomp was banned solely because of its Yache Berry set. Early DP, before that monster was unleashed, it was obvious to everyone that he was top tier OU but more of a Tyranitar or Heracross level.

Garchomp>.<

Expert IV Trainer

Then don't allow yache berry then jeez. Alot of pokemon like a Impish metagross holding Shuca berry is hard to take down and what if it has magnet rise what then huh? Banned metagross because of a berry? This whole Garchomp thing proves that when most people can't handle something and it becomes a threat then we must banned it. Its really stupid I find. A bunch of whining babies crying for him to go away from OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.