• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp, Deoxys-S and Wobb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garchomp>.<

Expert IV Trainer
Overcenteralization. Everybody would use Jolteon to counter the massive flood of Kyogres (pardon the pun) that would inevitably come. If you like Garchomp so much, just play Ubers instead of filling this thread with "reasons" why it should be OU. Your whining will accomplish... oh, I'd say 0%.

My whining will cause my Garchomp to Sword Dance in your face and sweep your entire team with I'd say 100%.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
How childish. Just get over the fact that Garchomp is Uber, its easier than you think. Play Uber, or something.

TogeticTheRuler

This is the unfair argument Garchomp had to go true. Its not a counter anymore if you switch in on a attack of a pokemon. Plus the pokemon still needs to fight back before dying thus fainting ur pokemon in the process. Its the one turn switching in is the unfair part of this whole argument. Oh and who would switch jolteon on Kyogre are u nuts?! Even if kyogre has its specs on its easier to beat with modest jolteon than a kyogre with choice scarf. Dude one thunder kills Kyogre from STAB.

Caesar: I don't care what you say about me complaining. Like I said before I don't need to battle on shoddy. I will use my Garchomp for ever and people who battle me can do the same. They are many out there like me who don't agree with it being banned to ubers.

Because unless you reliably have a Kyogre switch in while Jolteon is already on the field(Definitely NOT a onehitko with thunder), then you will likely have to either switch in (Which Jolteon cannot do) or sacrifice a pokemon(When you have to sacrifice a pokemon for another to have a chance at revenge killing, then you know you got an over-centralizing pokemon).

And you still didn't argue about that if everyone used Jolteon just to theoretically beat Kyogre, then Kyogre should be Uber because you have to use a precious slot in your team devoted to beating Kyogre. Garchomp was what this was, everyone had to prepare 2 or even 3 pokemon just to beat Garchomp, which was over centralizing

My whining will cause my Garchomp to Sword Dance in your face and sweep your entire team with I'd say 100%.

Since this is a believable assumption as Garchomp has the ability to sweep teams, you are supporting the clause that Garchomp is uber, which it should be

Last edited by a moderator:

randomspot555

Hey, it's not our fault you can't win battles without an uber. It's also not our fault that you've demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge of the standard rules in the competitive environment.

From your posts, it's pretty obvious that you don't play competitively. So Garchomp becoming uber doesn't affect you and never will!

Garchomp>.<

Expert IV Trainer
Hey, it's not our fault you can't win battles without an uber. It's also not our fault that you've demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge of the standard rules in the competitive environment.

From your posts, it's pretty obvious that you don't play competitively. So Garchomp becoming uber doesn't affect you and never will!

Its not my fault that you talk to much crap you people make it sound like i need garchomp to beat you. You all are just babies who cant beat garchomp. It will not affect me of course cause what ever shoddy says i dont care their not the boss of me there stupid for banning garchomp. Who cares im starting a Garchomp should be OU strike then people like you that use butterfree would see the support that Garchomp has!!!!

Since this is a believable assumption as Garchomp has the ability to sweep teams, you are supporting the clause that Garchomp is uber, which it should be

Oh come on is Garchomp the only one that can pull it off

Last edited by a moderator:

matsy

Blue Team
Anyone who has a problem with Garchomp being Uber clearly uses it in all their teams and relies on it for victory.
Any sensible person will realise what a godsend it is that the good people on Shoddy finally decided to go and do the hard work and carry out a scientific experiment to determine whether or not Garchomp was Uber. I think we can all say that the conclusion was always going to be a definite: "Garchomp is Uber".
Perhaps I could understand someone's woe if Garchomp was their favourite Pokemon, but then I would be proud that my fav mon was so powerful it had to be moved to the Uber environment.
And you, Garchomp>.< have no basis for your argument, and appear to me to be a child throwing a tantrum now that you cannot win any more. Further, your sig's inclusion of both Garchomp AND Tyranitar lowers my opinion of you further.
Personally, I hope Tyranitar is next. Hopefully Shoddy will carry out a similar experiment involving TTar in the near future.

randomspot555

^^Tyranitar has been up for becoming uber in every gen since it's been introduced. I don't remember the exact results, but it always leans towards "not uber".

Its not my fault that you talk to much crap you people make it sound like i need garchomp to beat you. You all are just babies who cant beat garchomp. It will not affect me of course cause what ever shoddy says i dont care their not the boss of me there stupid for banning garchomp. Who cares im starting a Garchomp should be OU strike then people like you that use butterfree would see the support that Garchomp has!!!!

...Who said I use Butterfree?

Yes, you rely on Garchomp. It's okay for you, because you don't competitively battle. You battle for fun against your friends. These tier rules will never affect you.

The only time ANYONE would ever argue for an uber to be used in the OU environment is when one relies on it to win.

When your argument consists of "their stupid" and "you are all babies", then we're totally going to take you seriously.

Oh come on is Garchomp the only one that can pull it off

Sand Veil is only on one other Pokemon, who isn't nearly as affective. Yes, Garchomp can easily sweep a good chunk of an OU team due to it's decent defensive stats, it's ability, and move pool.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Agreed!
Looks like SMOGON had been considering this for a long time.
And it's good, gives the rest more room to play and I can get rid of HP Ice from some of my pokemon that don't need it. The only other OU pokemon with Sand Veil is Gliscor but it doesn't really need it.

@ Matsy

Tyranitar will never be in Uber because of the simple fact that it has a 4x weakness to the most common physical type i.e. fighting. Even if you give it THAT berry to soften the first hit, it's slow speed hinders it. On the flip side, Garchomp can pretty much outspeed anything that seems like a viable threat. Also, for each pokemon name one 120 base power attack and 100 accuracy that exploits the 4x weakness. Garchomp has none while TTar gets a Close Combat to the face
That fact also makes a lot of difference

Last edited:

matsy

Blue Team
Blizzard in Hail? xD

I didn't realise it had always been up for ubering, but never got there. The weakness to Fighting, and one of the best moves in the game Close Combat, does serve to make it less of a threat than Garchomp I suppose.
The uber stats, uber ability and artificially increased SpDEF along with its excellent movepool including Dragon Dance just make it that much better and threatening than most other pokes. But if it's been concluded that it's not uber, I can deal with that. The in-depth analysis they have done to conclude Garchomp is uber has inspired in me some faith in them.

can u put on the top of every page on this forum what a counter is.

it has to be able to switch in on any or at least 3 of its attacks and kill it or force it to switch.

like Gliscor > Heracross or Half of OU/BL > Electivire :)

In situations it can be countered using prediction. like switchin in scArftran on outrage or fire fang/blast.

however this wont always work, sandstorm provides a +1 SpD boost and a 20% Evasion increase.

saying i beat garchomp all the time doesnt mean u have a counter. ppl complain that u need skill to beat it rather than a specific pokemon.

Last edited:

Nenäpää

however this wont always work, sandstorm provides a +1 SpD boost and a 20% Evasion increase.
Actually only evasion boost, not sp. def. Sp defense boost is only on rock type pokemons. But that won't really matter as Garchomp doesn't need any boosts to survive Ice beams as long as it has Yache berry.

matsy

Blue Team
wat about them? lol Everyone agrees on them as far as I know.

Dawn of Gallade

Master of Fates
I'm g;ad I stayed out of the whole Garchomp thing. It was getting annoying toward the end. But lets drop that and talk about Deoxys-S

Being the fastest Pokemon (Base Speed is 180) in the game, only rivaled by Baton Bass+ Agility and Choice Scarf. This gives Deoxys-S the ability to always set up Spikes, Stealth Rock, Reflect/Light Screen, Knock Off, and Taunt the best.

It has slightly good Def and SDef (Both at a Base 90) but with low HP. The insane Pressure Ability, Cosmic power, and Recover give it some walling.

All off that with a vast Move pool that ventures into every type is just too much. I think it should be tested in Uber. If Wobbufett, the other Deoxys, and Garchomp can be Uber why shouldn't this one.

manaphylover

garchomp needs to be über because it pwns almost anything after 1 sd. Even in über category vs un-ev trained ubers it pwns them. Garchomp has NO viable counter at this time. It can only be beat by prediction & a jolly good amount of luck. A ninjask bp'd to garchomp after 2 turns has a 80% chance to sweep a good portion of your team

randomspot555

garchomp needs to be über because it pwns almost anything after 1 sd. Even in über category vs un-ev trained ubers it pwns them. Garchomp has NO viable counter at this time. It can only be beat by prediction & a jolly good amount of luck. A ninjask bp'd to garchomp after 2 turns has a 80% chance to sweep a good portion of your team

Even without the set ups, counters outside of specialized sets (which is overcentralizing) rely on a heavy amount of prediction and luck.

Deoxys-S, I think, could go either way. I haven't encountered it too often on Wi-Fi, but I heard Shoddy will be testing it soon. I'm sure they'll have good reasoning to back up whatever decision they make.

Wobbuffet shouldn't even be up for debate. It has just enough defense to survive at least one attack (even a Dark, Ghost, or Bug, it's weaknesses), and it's ability shatters the "switching out" aspect of the game. And a properly timed Encore can let it switch out and have a number of Pokes come out and safely set up. Add in Wish support and it can pull this all off more than once!

But again, I don't think there's even a debate. It's ability puts it way over the top.

Garchomp>.<

Expert IV Trainer
Anyone who has a problem with Garchomp being Uber clearly uses it in all their teams and relies on it for victory.
Any sensible person will realise what a godsend it is that the good people on Shoddy finally decided to go and do the hard work and carry out a scientific experiment to determine whether or not Garchomp was Uber. I think we can all say that the conclusion was always going to be a definite: "Garchomp is Uber".
Perhaps I could understand someone's woe if Garchomp was their favourite Pokemon, but then I would be proud that my fav mon was so powerful it had to be moved to the Uber environment.
And you, Garchomp>.< have no basis for your argument, and appear to me to be a child throwing a tantrum now that you cannot win any more. Further, your sig's inclusion of both Garchomp AND Tyranitar lowers my opinion of you further.
Personally, I hope Tyranitar is next. Hopefully Shoddy will carry out a similar experiment involving TTar in the near future.

I have a problem with people banning a good pokemon because it does its job better than others. You people make it sound like I rely on Garchomp. Did you all saw my 10 teams of pokemon? Did all of them have Garchomp? No they don't so before accusing me for relying on him then think again. I don't care if shoddy experimented on the moon. Its not fair for people who like Garchomp that can't use it anymore. Any pokemon from OU that gets banned i will defend it. I appear to be a child? Then you appear to be a old senior that can't handle Garchomp and TTar. How can you banned TTar if it has to many weaknesses plus a 4x to fighting? Its ovious that you can't handle the pseudo-legends of the generations especially Chomp and TTar. Mayb you should just play UU instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.