• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp is Back

248.gif
445f.gif
649.gif
639.gif
380.gif
479-wash.gif

This is the team i literally just built, i've made it for one reason , I got my mutha f**king boy garchomp back :]
The team is pretty much hyper offensive sand , everything is seemingly standard with a few off sets, volt turn core and pretty decent wall breakers. Now that the introduction is over lets get to this team .

img-thing

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit
- Crunch
One of my lead pokes next to genesect and rotom . i invest in his defense just to live more physical hits he is impish nature just to add that extra bulk . 44 speed ev's just to outpace standard scizor and ohko with fire punch. Crunch and pursuit just to either trap and kill other weather starters and even without any attack investment it can still put a dent into many pokes. This poke can also take on common tornadus-t with ease since he carries chople berry to help him survive fighting attacks.

img-thing

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
The dragon of dragons , here to grace the ou meta game once again. combined with amazing attack speed outspeeding the rest of the physical dragons , he gets stab earthquake giving him a out to most steel types and fire fang giving him ways to hit ferrothorn / skarmory effectively. I've given this powerful poke a yache berry just to live ice attacks from "almost" anything. As stated before he is jolly nature so he literally outspeeds any dragon that doesnt have a scarf.

img-thing

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
This is part of my volt-turn combo and is an great revenge killer / sweeper . this set is basically the go-to set for genesect so there isnt much to explain here to be honest . i made him hasty instead of timid so it doesnt weaken u-turn flamethrower, ice beam , and thunderbolt for coverage, with a little prediction this poke can run rampant literally on any team not prepared for it.

img-thing

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack
- Protect
One of the pokes with the off set i stated earlier, as you notice it has protect and quick attack. protect is literally to scout to see what an opponent may lock himself into predicting my terrakion switch out or u-turn with scizor and whats not . life orb just to add some backbone to his attacks and quick attack just to give him some priority. At first glance the set is really weird but it works just the way it should.

img-thing

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This team has a awkward time dealing with rotom and water types in general, so i added a specially defensive CM latias to counter these weaknesses. after a calm mind or 2 this poke literally can destroy a rain team. i have dragon pulse for obvious stab and hidden power fire for evil steel types that want to come in on this poke. Latias is also a great compliment to terrakion since they are able to check things both of them are weakened to or not able to touch and able to take hits for one another barring dragon attacks.

479Rotom-Wash.png

Rotom-Wash @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pain Split
Fianlly rotom , it has a exbelt to bluff scarf. majority of the time im going to be volt switching on slower pokes and on obvious switch outs to keep up the illusion until its time to catch them off guard. it has hp fire just for the obvious ferrothorn since they always come in on rotom thinking they can take a hit, after stealth rocks hp fire can potentially ohko -2hko any ferrothron set then volt switch or hydro pump another poke denting them or killing them. i gave this poke pain split to help it survive longer in the battle so it can stay a constant threat to any team.

Any feed back will be great.

Last edited:

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
I have been trying to make a Garchomp team, but I'm going a bit slower as opposed to throwing one together and changing as I go like you. Garchomp is a fast dragon. But Lati@s outspeeds and kills. Other dragons too. Mamo is great to counter this. All I can see atm, but I'll probably comment more later

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
just a note, your lati can never ohko garchomp w/o hazards.

and you draw attention away from my new rmt, therefore you must be eliminated. jk.

ok well do you guys think i should run bulky rotom ? .. or is it fine .. also ive been thinking of exchanging latias for its twin

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
All right, I'm ready to comment more.

I ran some calcs and Choice Band Scizor 2HKOs Tyranitar with both Bullet Punch and Superpower. However, T-tar barely misses the OHKO on Scizor and will 2HKO every time with Fire Punch. In fact, with an Impish Nature, it will always 2HKO, but barely make the OHKO with Fire Punch with 252 Attack EVs after SR damage. If you want it to be able to beat Scizors, I suggest Fire Blast, but Flamethrower could work(not really) Fire Blast will OHKO Scizor 100% of the time and Flamethrower only 56.25% of the time. And this is if you change Tyranitar's nature to Relaxed to boost these special attacks. Then the speed investment becomes redundant and you can redo. This is a good set to beat Scizor who can only OHKO with Bug Bite.:

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Nature: Relaxed
Trait: Sand Stream
252/4/252/0/0/0
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Pursuit
Crunch/Stone Edge

I also thought Stone Edge could be useful, hitting a lot more with a powerful STAB. Pursuit helps more than Crunch overall, but it is your choice.

Soperman

The One and Only
Just a quick warning, this team is quite Genesect weak.
Anyway, You definitely want Stone Edge over Rock Slide on Terrakion. The power boost is pretty significant, and could make the difference in a game.
Also, Yache Berry won't be helping much on Garchomp, who is still really frail. Ditch it for the Life Orb or something like that to do even more damage.
Same thing for Ttar, but you may wont Leftovers instead. Just have Latias switch in for Fighting hits; don't try to sit them through.

Klaus™

Banned
i like how you made the text ~3-5 sizes bigger, to look like you wrote enough for your rmt. very tricky.

now, terrakion....looks like sh*t. first off....what does quick attack hit that isn't demolished by a banded cc, or a regular stone edge? nothing. this just makes you even more gengar weak. give it a band and let it roam free.

your rotom-w...im also iffy about. but, the only change im making is to use modest>timid. you really arent outspeeding much, and you are trying to bluff scarved, so timid, as wrong as it sounds, doesnt really help. modest increases the power just a little bit, possibly ohkoing ferro.

your description of t-tar is wrong. so he can survive maybe 1 superpower. he can't do anything back, and the smart player would u-turn out anyways.

more to come later

Usatoday

Eternal God
The team is also weak to life orb and scarf variants of mamoswine as it can ohko almost anything bar rotom wash and if they have anything such as rotom cut your screwed i'd try a bulky rotom wash physically bulky ofc but if you keep ebelt go thunderbolt over painsplit otherwise jellicent trolls rotom hard

Klaus™

Banned
another thing to watch out for are other dragons. garchomp isn't that fast. 102 base speed is about average, hes just the fastest dragon bar latis. but nothing on your team can take a +1 outrage from any dd drag. mamoswine>something fixes this, as well as bulky tom that usa suggested

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
Your team is super weak to mamoswine and you need to fix that.All of your team is weak to mamoswine except Rotom-w and Genesect.And yes,tyranitar has fire punch,Rotom has HP fire,Genesect has flamethrower.Yah,all that,but your half your team is still weak to mamoswine.And your weak to dragon to.

Quagsireking

I am the king!
You may want to replace latias with heatran. It will be able to atleast counter mamoswine and switch into an ice type move meant for chompah.

Try a bulky set, im not the best one to think of a bulky hetran.