• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp/Krookodile Energy Removal

EmuKiller

Hey guys. The theme of the deck is "energy removal". Please give me advice regarding ways I can better remove energies from my opponent and if there's some fundamental mistakes I'm making.

Energy(20)
8 water
12 fighting (This might be too many energies!)

Trainers(24) ((Please help me with what trainers I should be using!)
4 energy search
4 N
4 Rare Candy
4 Poke Comm
4 Crushing Hammer
3 Pokemon Catcher
1 Gold Potion

Pokemon(16)
3 gible (DE 87)
1 gabite (DE 89)
3 garchomp (DE)

3 sandile (BW)
1 krokorok (BW 64)
3 krookodile (EP 62)

2 Cryogonal (NV)

Deck's Strategy:
Garchomp is kinda the basis of the deck I guess. Use Krookodile if necessary, he's just the only energy removing fighting type I found. Cryogonal is nice because I can return the water energies to my hand once garchomp has been setup.

So my big concerns are:
is 3-1-3 standard? Should I have something other than that?

Are there better water/ground pokemon to remove energies with? If I choose a stage 2 water pokemon, what should I have as my fighting type?

Are there trainer cards that I REALLY should be using that I'm not? What cards are best for retrieving from discard?

Are there any EX pokemon that work well with garchomp?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
well you don't need 4 pokemon com and 4 energy search, go down to 8 or 9 fighting energy. 3-1-3 is not standard it's just overall for the cards playability a good choice, other people like to go 3-1-2 or 3-1-4 or something along those lines but I think if it's generally basic to stage 2 lineup is better, running 2 stage 2 lines in a deck does get a bit hairy and runs alot of risk's in the decklist being able to run fast enough, if it was lets say 2 stage 2 techs and you rely on an additional card's as you're main attack line, that works because it takes the heat off of those cards.

You could go landorus and or terrakion but I've never tried it out so I don't know.

What cards are the best to getback? That's easy Super rod.

EmuKiller

Alright thanks. Also I feel like I need the trainer that lets me draw until I get a support. I just REALLY felt like I wasn't getting enough draw cards with a test run of the deck. I'll post again when I come up with an edited version of the deck. Thanks for your advice!

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Np I just hope it works out well for you. Edit: (lol I thought that this was for another post)

Random receiver, if you want to draw for the supporter's, you could go 3, also put in some juniper, cheren, bianca, etc, 4 supporter's doesn't cut it you're probably going to need about 8-9 minimum to balance it out. The crushing hammer (alot of people may disagree, but whatever) is useless in a stage 2 decklist, you see against EX's stage 2 decks have a horrible run turn by turn mid to late game and almost no way of recouping from the dmg that they took they think because of the fast 1 energy attack that they can also deal disruption (thats just called getting to cocky), so it's good to rely on something with a solid and reliable attack run like an EX, alot of people put in terrakion, but over all it's just not that fast at all late game when a majority of they're garchomps have been already ko'd with energy attached and you're main concern before hand was to put the energy on garchomp instead of putting it on terrakion and run both at the same time (even doing it that way slows the decklist down dramatically for it's turn by turn attack speed and strength). this is my knowledge from beating garchomp decklists.

Last edited: