• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp Team

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
292234_577839515567150_92874911_n.jpg

This is my attempt to make a team revolving around Garchomp. I really became interested in Garchomp when I learned that he used to be banned at one point. A pokemon who used to be banned has to be good right? Also he is different from other dragons in the sense that he's not a flying type and actually is immune it electric due to his ground typing. His base defensive stats aren't that bad either which makes him at least able to take some kind of damage aside from super effective moves. The pokemon I chose for this team are to help get rid of his checks and to make his job of sweeping easier. Also keep in mind that I am still pretty new to competitive battling.

385.gif

Heihachi (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Trick

My usual lead pokemon. I chose Jirachi because he's a steel type who can take dragon, ice, and grass attacks while also providing scout support. Ice Punch is used to kill off weakened grass and dragon types, and trick is to cripple annoying tanks like Cresselia or boosting sweepers.

Ferrothorn%20%28Ian%29.gif

Frisbee (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

My water-check pokemon. In addition to checking what Jirachi does, Ferrothorn also resists water and can lay down some support via spikes. Protect is to stall out recovery from leech seed & leftovers, and Power Whip is chosen over Gyro Ball in order to hit water pokemon harder.

garchomp_animated_by_mm2nd-d39d8wc.gif

Invalid Argument (Garchomp) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Dual Chop

The pokemon whom I chose to base this team around. The choice band set is a threatening wallbreaker and can sweep once all other counters have been eliminated. Outrage is the main choice for attacking due to the STAB boost and raw power + boost from CB, Earthquake for secondary STAB, Aqua Tail in the event I go against a rain team, and Dual chop for those annoying Sub users -____-

rotom-wash.gif

Kintoki-Douji (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

My main reason for including Rotom-W on this team was to have a pokemon who can handle Keldeo (who anally rapes this team). The set is a standard SpDef set to keep it alive for as long as possible until it's job is done. Will-O-Wisp is used to burn bulky pokemon like Scizor and pain split to have a means of recovery outside of leftovers while Volt Switch and Hydro Pump are pretty self-explanatory.

237.gif

Beyblade (Hitmontop) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat

Even though Garchomp resists rocks if the opponent is good at forcing switches they stack up and become a problem, this is where Hitmontop comes in. The full EV's in HP and Def allow it to also be able to take physical attacks in the event that I should use it for something other than spinning. Toxic is to hit other pokemon on switch-in if I predict, Sucker Punch to hit psychic pokemon or pokemon that outspeed, close combat as the main STAB move and primary way of dealing damage.

65.gif

SHAZAM! (Alakazam) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The speed demon revenge killer with coverage. Alakazam is one of the fastest OU pokemon without a scarf and has frightening SAtk. The moves are chosen for coverage taking care of threats that none of my other pokemon can hit for super-effective damage. Psyshock for STAB option, Shadow Ball for hitting ghosts like Jellicent, Focus Blast for pokes like Tyranitar who threaten with pursuit, and HP fire for those steels who can end Garchomps rampage.​

The main strategy is to get rid of all pokemon who can check Garchomp and then proceed to sweep with him. This team looks decent at a glance but I feel as though it can be improved. I would love to get some feedback on how good/bad the team is and also some other options that may be good to consider.

Last edited:

Skarm™

Light It Up
Okay, so Mamoswine ruins you. Mamoswine and Rotom-W are commonly found on the same team, and Rotom-W can easily Trick Rachi a Specs and the Mamo can easily take down 4 or 5 of yous mons, if you run the EndeavorShard set. Just make sure that you can always Iron head it with Rachi, and never let rachi stay in on a rotom-w. Scizor also destroys you, or at least SD scizor does, especially in rain. Anyways, ill edit this later as i gtg to school

Hayate Ayasaki

Before I begin I have to say your Garchomp's nickname is just brilliant Hi5 ^ _ ^

The main problems I see are Mamoswine, Weavile, Magnezone, Terrakion, Keldeo(Rotom can't take too many secret swords,Tornadus,landorus Agility Thundurus-T DDance and sun teams :L
For terrakion I'd give hitmontop Mach Punch over Sucker punch whatever you hit with that wont go down in one hit and will proceed to OHKO hitmontop so I would advise against it staying in, for dancing and scarf dragons would you consider thunderwave over protect on ferrothorn with practice you'll be much better at prediction so you wont need it and seeing as you dont plan on running gyro ball it will be set up fodder. Next I recommend that you replace your Rachi with scarf terrakion, it alliviates your magnezone weakness, he resists ice shard, is faster than Thundurus-t after an agility, and recieves an attack boost from dark attacks aimed at alakazam, plus it can outpace Gyarados,Salamence and dragonite and Ko them with stone edge(dragonites multiscale needs to be broken obviously) The only downside is it adds another fighting weakness but hitmontop can easily shrug those off.

On a personal note I find the sub/swords dance garchomp with a salac berry is much more effective than a banded one after its counters have been removed, and no matter how much fun it would be if your opponent has a steel type mamoswine,weavile or donphan don't use outrage until they're dead :p Good luck Garchomp has been my favorite pokemon since d/p/pt ^_^