• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

garchomp vs dragonite

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGGRON GUY

expert breeder
who do YOU think is better?

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I like both overall, but I will say Dragonite will be my choice

I'm pretty sure Garchomp can easily beat Multiscale Dragonite if it uses a choice banded dual chop. So..... Garchomp.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Dragonite could use ice punch though....and it's attack stat is the slightest bit higher. (and they have the same base defense)....and I just like it better :) but garchomp is cool too.

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Garchomp is an ugly and overrated Sceptile/Sharpedo fusion. I could really care less if I could dominate using him over Dragonite, I just plain like Dragonite better.

Raiin

Johto Boy
I love Dragonite, cool design and a good pokemon in general but I like Garchomp slightly better. I mean come on it's a land shark

Zachmac

Garchomp is an ugly and overrated Sceptile/Sharpedo fusion. I could really care less if I could dominate using him over Dragonite, I just plain like Dragonite better.
You can have your opinion about it being ugly....but it doesn't really look like Sceptile or Sharpedo.

shadorai

wandering trainer
i think they're both great pokemon, but i like garchomp better.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Both are incredibly awesome, but I like Dragonite more, due to its myriad of impressive and badass qualities that I have observed throughout the entire history of the Pokémon series: Its incredibly powerful Hyper Beam when used by Lance in the first two generations; the sheer helplessness its opponents find themselves in when Dragonite used Agility followed by Wrap in Generation I; its access to Horn Drill, the best move ever in Generation II; its access to some similarly awesome moves such as Draco Meteor, Outrage, Superpower and ExtremeSpeed (though Dragonite also had access to ExtremeSpeed in Generation II, this move was quite useless in that generation, especially due to its incompatibility with the incredibly awesome Horn Drill) in Generation IV, and finally, the fact that it got Multiscale, one of the best Abilities ever, as well as being the only Pokémon barring Smeargle that can learn both Hurricane and Thunder, in Generation V. All of the aforementioned serve to make Dragonite remain as my favorite Pokémon ever up to this day.

I have some extreme bias, but Dragonite is better to me.

Dragonite is practically unstoppable if it can set up Dragon Dance and have the ability Multiscale. My favorite use of Dragonite is Dragon Dance, Rest, Outrage/Dragon Claw, Earthquake with Multiscale and Lum Berry. Now that is the one of the many options in picking a Dragonite, with his incredibly wide move set options. He is easily the most bulky Dragon type there is.

Garchomp would only be better than Dragonite, in my opinion, in a one-on-one battle against Dragonite, with a Choice Scarf, and using Dual Chop. But would you use Garchomp and have him know Dual Chomp planning for a Dragonite? Maybe, but that hurt you too.

Garchomp is a good Pokemon, just picking the best of the best.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Actually, Garchomp cannot take out Dragonite in one Dual Chop. In fact, against a full-health Multiscale Dragonite, Dual Chop deals the exact same amount of damage as Outrage.

AGGRON GUY

expert breeder
Thanks dragoknight. I have been traning a level 15 dratiani and now it is a level 42 dragonair. I was thinking of replacing it with garchop but now i am rethinking that. With my bout to be dragonite my pokemon diamond team is in no danger! Cant wait till my dragonair evolves to dragonite!

though i like dragonite,i have to go with garchomp beacause he has a base speed of 102.so who ever uses outrage first wins.the real question is who is better salamence or garchomp?

Status
Not open for further replies.