• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp VS Salamence VS Dragonite

Garchomp, Salamence Or Dragonite?

• Garchomp ;445;

Votes: 68 42.8%
  • Salamence ;373;

Votes: 39 24.5%
  • Dragonite ;149;

Votes: 52 32.7%

• Total voters

Raikou77

AGmence is much better imo, in D/P every team will have a counter(usually Cresscelia) just for Garchomp

h0v0r, It's probably your computer. It always works for me.

Just to inform the guy who made this post, the guy who made the thread specified DRAGON TYPES.

Tiranitar its consider a kind of dragon, its not one but it is consider as one.

This is so hard... I love all of them! ; - ;

But I guess for me... no... GAH! Whatever. I love all three and I can't put I love one of them better then the other. End of story.

(BTW, This should go in PokePolls. lawl. XD)

Sally is falling behind.

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
If the three were pitted against each other, Garchomp would probably win since it is the fastest and, with good EVs and IVs, could probably take out either with Dragon Claw. However, my pick is Salamence. Like a few other people mentioned, it is more versatile than Garchomp, and I have always hated Dragonite. How can anything so heavy fly with such small wings?

hevver

Heart of Darkness
AGmence is much better imo, in D/P every team will have a counter(usually Cresscelia) just for Garchomp

Probably. but I checked on my
other computer, and it still doesnt show up.
------
you should include Flygon in there
cuz Flygon is my fav of all the bunch.

Freakshow

Jibaku
Probably the best poll you've made so far.

Any 3 of them will do. I can't say which one's better.

Landshark is very deadly, Sand Veil can be a pain.
Dragonite is anti-metagame
Salamence has Intimidate and can stop Heracross from sweeping for a while.

Severance

Dragonite looks girly.

Salamence is ok, fills lots of rolls, has a decent ability.

Gablias/Garchomp/Landshark is my favorite of the lot, though.

I like how he looks, he's got the highest 'OH GOD DAMAGE' potential.

And he's a freaking landshark.

Sucks that G/S/C didn't have a 'Dragon' type, although Tyranitar basically fits that role. :[ Wish he had been Dragon/Ground or someshit. Or Dragon/Rock. ;_;

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale

It would be sort of pointless to have a counter JUST for Garchomp, since, according to its lack of diversity, may not be used as often as you'd think. Although I did have Garchomp in mind when I chose Swampert for my competitive team. With enough Defense EVs, my Swampert can take a hit from Garchomp, then 1HKO Garchomp with a superpowered Snow Slide. Since Garchomp is limited to being a physical sweeper, one attack from it and Snow Slide has 120 base damage. And don't forget, Garchomp has a 4x weakness to ice attacks. So, even without any Attack EVs, an attack with 480 base damage from Swampert would pretty much kill Garchomp.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Garchomp with sandstorm going is a great combo, making it harder to kill with a bit of luck. If an ice move hits though...

Exiled_Sicilian

STalking is a hobby.
I know just about everything there is about Sharks, so I would pick Garchomp, because he is cool looking, and more versatile than you guys think..
With Tyranitar on your team or anything with Sand Storm, his Evasion helps out greatly, not to mention that he has STAB Earthquake, and is a counter to Tyranitar, which is greatly abused.

If most of you that are choosing other Dragons are just choosing based on which of those 3 Dragons can win in a battle against each other, you are missing many other key factors..

Garchomp has excellent stats, having good defenses to back up attack that is not even 10 points away from Salamence.. and being the fastest Dragon wins me over, because I believe that Dragons are supposed to be fast already...

Dragonite is able to learn Ice-Punch which will surely take out Garchomp.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
I prefer Garchomp. Its appearance has really grown on me. I just think it looks good. And I guess it is *just* a little faster.