• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp vs Tyranitar vs Metagross for competitive?

Archaic

rawr!
These are the three that i'm looking at. I considered Dragonite and Salamence but Garchomp outclasses them so yeah.

Here are the movesets:

Metagross(E)Sprite.gif

Metagross @ Life Orb

Nature: Admadant
Ability: Clear Body

- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar @ Life Orb

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Stream

- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Garchomp_Animation_by_Zee_Garchomp.gif

Garchomp @

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil

- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Attachments

• Metagross(E)Sprite.gif
    Metagross(E)Sprite.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 186

ParaChomp

be your own guru
=__='

Metagross for obvious reasons.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
They're all great movesets but I'd personally choose Metagross.
I'd choose Metagross simply because Clear Body could be useful in battles and your moveset is relatively balanced in terms of covering it's weakness.

If you do choose Tyranitar though, I'd maybe replace Stone Edge with Thunderbolt simply so you cover it's weakness to Water. Of course this is only a suggestion.

Last edited:

Archaic

rawr!
They're all great movesets but I'd personally choose Metagross.
I'd choose Metagross simply because Clear Body could be useful in battles and your moveset is relatively balanced in terms of covering it's weakness.

If you do choose Tyranitar though, I'd maybe replace Stone Edge with Thunderbolt simply so you cover it's weakness to Water. Of course this is only a suggestion.

I'd avoid Garchomp at all costs aswell. Mainly because people tend to favour Garchomp and by now people will have worked out a strategy to take it out easily.

These are just my personal opinions though.

Um. Nobody puts special attacks on Tyranitar. Its a waste of it's stregnths. Maybe ThunderPunch but definitely not thunderbolt.

Um. Nobody puts special attacks on Tyranitar. Its a waste of it's stregnths. Maybe ThunderPunch but definitely not thunderbolt.

the most common movest on ttar is mixed actually

sassy
rocks
crunch
ice beam
fire blast

so in reality ur comment is invalid

but for this thread chomp is the best it is in ubers cause it dominated ou

edit oops sorry this is not a 5th gen thread but still same comment

EspNeon

Badge Collector

Some people will use specials. Yes, Thunderpunch probably is a better choice but I'd personally have chosen Thunderbolt, that's just me though.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Is this for 4th gen OU or Ubers?
Cause Garchomp is banned in both 4th and 5th gen OU...

Vandslaux

lol, they are all completely different pokemon. and Chomp's banned.