• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garchomp's Mega Bond (871)

Ѕhiny Missingno

Interesting how the anime just went ahead and confirmed that Mega Pikachu will never be a thing and that Mega Dedenne is a possibility. Simultaneosly they also confirmed that Dedenne will never get a regular evolution since it's supposed to be the last of its line. That's neat and totally a legitimate confirmation that won't be retconned in the future.

For a second I thought how funny it would be if James of all the main cast would be the first one to Mega Evolve a pokémon. But I suppose this doesn't count since Sycamore was involved.

Anyway, the plot of the episode was pretty much the run-of-the-mill Team Rocket steals pokémon of the day with mind control and the bond between the pokémon and its trainer saves the day. I enjoyed it, however. Sexymore was shining in this episode and Blaziken Mask was cool as well. Despite Ash not getting a Key Stone, I was still satisfied with the Alain flashbacks and the Meyer/Sycamore moments.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Interesting how the anime just went ahead and confirmed that Mega Pikachu will never be a thing and that Mega Dedenne is a possibility. Simultaneosly they also confirmed that Dedenne will never get a regular evolution since it's supposed to be the last of its line. That's neat and totally a legitimate confirmation that won't be retconned in the future.

Unless the game heads-up change their minds or the writers made that up on the spot.

LizardonX

Banned
I walked into the episode hoping that this episode would be more than just TR getting blasted off by a mega

I was strongly dissapointed but ultimately not suprised.

Also I don't buy the mega pikachu is impossible bit. If he wants to get one because Nintendo thinks it'll make them more money friendship, then the laws of nature will bend to allow it.

3/10, +1 extra point per mega.

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Holy **** Sycamore stop sniffing random things, Jesus Christ, you don't know where they've been. Then again, this may be one of those idiosyncrasies or abilities that people uniquely have. Ash has Aura, Iris has those dragon mind-reading things, while Sycamore has the power of smelling, which came quite handy as he could identify who the Blaziken Mask is and aid him in his research on Mega Evolution. Nonetheless, the homolust is strong in this episode, as did the previous one. BIG STRONG MAN AND DAINTY SKINNY DUDE A BEST.

Ash and co were really bystanders this episode, making way for the adults to do their thing. Also, it was nice to see Alan before he became an edgelord that he is today and was led astray.

DotKU

Champion
Idk it kinda felt a little odd seeing Ash and friends do nothing in this episode but they had 99% last week so I guess thats why. Overall, Im glad that finally it seems that things will be moving on plotwise from here on out.

Haunter ゴースト

Excellent episode, loved the Alan references. The reference to no mega pikachu, but mega dedenne. Also the team-up at the end with Sycamore and Blaziken Mask was really cool, makes you wonder what's being set up. I'd say it'll be for the eventual Team Flare battle which will likely place in Lumiose for a while.

7/10.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review:

Pros:

* Sycamore's flashbacks of Gible --> Garchomp

* Alan references

* Batman and Lucius Fox handshake between Meyer and Sycamore

Cons:

* Team Rocket attacks the lab again and goes for Garchomp...how original

* Mindcontrolled Pokemon breaking free for its trainer...how original

* An episode showing the power of Mega Evolution...as if there hasn't been a Mega Gardevoir episode, a Mega Lucario, and Mega Evolution specials on the side..

* Getter Banban is not a hype climax song

* Filler episode honestly

2.5/10

Last edited:

Remix2

It is for me anyway. That's not saying an episode can't be good if it's a filler (like the Hawlucha skit episode was one of the better episodes in XY), but it's something I mark down always.

you cant call a episode filler when something plot relevant happens

now if you don't like the episode im fine with that (I thought it was boring as crap but then again this was written by junki takegami and i think he the worst writer in the series imo).

also i need to rewatch the episode again but is it ture the animation this one is not good?

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
It is for me anyway. That's not saying an episode can't be good if it's a filler (like the Hawlucha skit episode was one of the better episodes in XY), but it's something I mark down always.

But like it's objectivley not a filler. If you don't like the episode fine, I just dont agree with the use of "filler" as some derogatory term to talk negativley of the episode. Just because it's filler doesnt mean it's automatically bad, and just because an episode is plot relevant doesnt mean it's auotmatically good either

Navin

MALDREAD
you cant call a episode filler when something plot relevant happens

Unless I missed something obvious, the only thing I found relevant was Sycamore and Meyer's new partnership at the end. Rest of the episode with Team Plot Device felt like an elongated way to just to reach that scene, when that actually could have just been placed at the end of one of the other Lumiose episodes.

But like it's objectivley not a filler. If you don't like the episode fine, I just dont agree with the use of "filler" as some derogatory term to talk negativley of the episode. Just because it's filler doesnt mean it's automatically bad, and just because an episode is plot relevant doesnt mean it's auotmatically good either

If technically not a filler, then I'd say "filler-ish" except for the last 1 minute. Again, I never said "filler = automatic bad." But yes, it is something that I mark down because I prefer episodes (of any show honestly) to be plot relevant.

thor94

Holy **** Sycamore stop sniffing random things, Jesus Christ, you don't know where they've been. Then again, this may be one of those idiosyncrasies or abilities that people uniquely have. Ash has Aura, Iris has those dragon mind-reading things, while Sycamore has the power of smelling, which came quite handy as he could identify who the Blaziken Mask is and aid him in his research on Mega Evolution. Nonetheless, the homolust is strong in this episode, as did the previous one. BIG STRONG MAN AND DAINTY SKINNY DUDE A BEST.

yep, excepted ash aura only appear in movies (that anime writers doesn't care), and mentionned only once in the entire anime as mind bond during riolu episode.
otherwise this episode almost confirm that writers won't allows ash using mega

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
yep, excepted ash aura only appear in movies (that anime writers doesn't care), and mentionned only once in the entire anime as mind bond during riolu episode.
otherwise this episode almost confirm that writers won't allows ash using mega
You just contradicted your own point in that post. Appears only in moves, then appeared and was mentioned in Riolu two parter? Something's not adding up there. And Aura doesn't mean **** when it comes to Ash getting a Mega or not.