• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gary Oak

Gary for main character

• Yes

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TysonKO

How many think Gary Oak should be the main character?

Igloo

PinsirUsedGroundTime
Well, since Gary's also assisting Professor Oak, there wouldn't be as much adventure as Ash and co. Also, to me, he doesn't seem to be as charismatic as Ash and is less liable to have companions that travel along with him, which keeps the shows a bit more interesting than it would be if Ash was the only guy.

TysonKO

Well, since Gary's also assisting Professor Oak, there wouldn't be as much adventure as Ash and co. Also, to me, he doesn't seem to be as charismatic as Ash and is less liable to have companions that travel along with him, which keeps the shows a bit more interesting than it would be if Ash was the only guy.

Well things wouldt be the way they are if gary where the focus point from the start of the series he would have ofcourse be the better of the two and have more success..

Dax

Legend
Nah... now that Paul is in the anime I prefer Paul 100 times more than Gary. He should stay doing whatever he's doing.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
No I like the style of Gary pop up sometimes and beats ash in a battle and inspiring him in something.

Kametsou

I'd love to see Gary join Ash's team somewhere down the line, but I just can't see it happening. Gary seems to be like a loner, after all.

dizzyy

i think gary should just have his own episodes during the anime like how misty, tracy, brock, etc. all had their own episodes.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
No, as a main character, I'd like to see a tough, yet kind and cool trainer.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Paul is like a billion times more interesting than Gary.

It really proves that the only reason we even liked Gary back then is because he seemed to be a strong trainer and mocked Ash...but now that we have Paul, it really seems like Gary was nothing special in retrospect.

Paul actually has a real character, Gary just showed up to brag and then leave. Hell, we almost never even saw Gary in a battle until league time!

Jesus.

Ancax

^Agreed. i wonder when we will see Paul next and what will happen...

All Gary does now is beat Ash when he gets too cocky (Pikachu vs. Eevee)+ (Pikachu vs. Electivire)

But I doubt Ash's head will swell too big this gen. I can see Gym# 3 Giving im a whole lot of trouble...

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu
i think ash and gary should join up and go on a adventure together becaz they share a friendship deep down becaz wen ash came bak to pallet town after his 1st journey to kanto, ash broke a pokeball in half and kept one half and gave the other half to gary.

i think after sinnoh, ash meets gary and gary asks to join up with ash. he then pulls out the broken pokebal and has a flash bak to when he got it. and he says how deep down that he feels lonely and that ash is a good friend*Awww*

that would be a cool twist

Liberty4Pokemon

Vogue to the Music
No, not 'the' main character. Seeing him in a couple of Chronicles episodes is fine with me, but I hardly think centering a whole series around him would work.

zeno48

Zaker!
Why would gary be the main character? sorry but I don't see that but if Paul was the main character I would actually be more interested because Paul is such a cool person and Gary well compared to Paul isn't much IMO.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
No, Ash's foolishness and good skills make him a good protagonist