• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garydos

Bryony

/laughing
sword of a scyther, you are a newbie. Stop trying to understand something that's been on SPPf for a very long time.

Yeah, that would be a good sticky!

Shouldn't this thread be closed?
Yes it should. Vycksta pwned everyone once again. Don't freak with she who knows her mythology.

I also want to say that your avatar/usertitle is the most amusing thing I have seen all week!

Bryony

/laughing
You had a newbie approach then.

m190049

Local psychopath
you are oblivious to what i was trying to say arent you?

its not the classic gyarados should be water/Dragon

maybe they should make it water/dragon, but give it an ability to fill in the flying part. ABILITY. :D

And who EVER in thee ENTIRE UNIVERS ever said pokemon had to make sence? They could change the pokemon however they want! Legend or not.

Everything worth saying has pretty much been said. But I would still like to point out that Gyarados flies, it doesn't levitate. Flying is not levitating.
But it doesnt have wings. so why does it fly? HOW does it fly?

Last edited:
first of all its gyarados not garydos. and its a flying water serpent

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.

maybe they should make it water/dragon, but give it an ability to fill in the flying part. ABILITY. :D

And who EVER in thee ENTIRE UNIVERS ever said pokemon had to make sence? They could change the pokemon however they want! Legend or not.

But it doesnt have wings. so why does it fly? HOW does it fly?

It flies the same way Rayquaza does. Actually, if Vycksta reads this, I'd suggest adding that question to her FAQ.

And why the hell did you bump this thread just to say something which has been proved wrong so many times? If you were to actually READ Vycksta's explanation you would know that Gyarados doesn't look like a dragon.

Vycksta

m190049 said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Can't you read size four Georgia font? Did you actually read the questions asked and answered? Or are you trying to be OMG SO HARDEXCORE with your pathetic point that's been proven wrong five million times? *eye roll* Got a problem? Take it up with JAPAN, they made the myth and in turn modelled Gyarados EXACTLY TO IT.

You win the Muppet Of The Year and it's only April 6. Outstanding.

DaMike52

Banned
You know, I'd rather have gyarados be part dragon than follow some crappy myth.

crudent

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Can't you read size four Georgia font? Did you actually read the questions asked and answered? Or are you trying to be OMG SO HARDEXCORE with your pathetic point that's been proven wrong five million times? *eye roll* Got a problem? Take it up with JAPAN, they made the myth and in turn modelled Gyarados EXACTLY TO IT.

You win the Muppet Of The Year and it's only April 6. Outstanding.

I think Vycksta just won the thread.

lilbigman42012

ok for the guy that says a water/dragon gyarados is to powerful, im pretty sure u killed a kingdra be4? if u did then u shouldent have much of a problem with a gyarados thats water/dragon. i think it really should be changed to that.

Last edited:
You had a newbie approach then.

1. So what? Not everyone knows everything.

2. Would you like it if people called you a newbie just because you didn't have a rank or a very low one? Members exist that they have been around a very long time and haven't got many posts 'cos they hang around the Face Offs section (or anywhere else where Posts don't count towards Postcount)

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
do I need to call Vycsta out here? Gyarados should be water / flying because of the legend of something or other, and the flying carp that gave up the power of flight or something.
I've been yelled at because of this opinion too much to let this post slide by w/o notifying you.

Daaku JJ

do I need to call Vycsta out here? Gyarados should be water / flying because of the legend of something or other, and the flying carp that gave up the power of flight or something.
I've been yelled at because of this opinion too much to let this post slide by w/o notifying you.

Dude, read the posts, she's already come, won and gone.

Vycksta

@ DarkTyphlosion157: Bryony wouldn't give 500 craps if people called her a newbie... and he DID have a newbie approach, coming in thinking he knows the whole deal.

DaMike52 said:
You know, I'd rather have gyarados be part dragon than follow some crappy myth.
So you'd rather have around 250 Pokemon than 493 seeing as the majority of Pokemon are based on myths or are related to some kind of creature. Shall we state a few for Hell's sake? Okay... Magikarp and Gyarados are based on the myth that people fail to get into their skulls, Drowzee and Hypno are based on the Baku, Ninetales is very loosely based on the Kitsune, Sneasel and Weavile are based on the Kamaitachi, Misdreavus is from the Irish legend of the Banshee, Arceus and Girafarig both have Kirin qualities, Shiftry is heavily based on the Tengu, Arcanine follows the tale of the Shishi and Espeon is based on the Nekomata.

Myths even made MOVES as well. Razor Wind comes from the way the Kamaitachi attack, Aerial Ace is based on a Japanese sword fighting techinque from many eons ago that is still used and Fake Tears is loosely based on the Banshee that gave us Misdreavus.

Deal with it mate. You may find it crap but mythology is rife everywhere including Japan and your cracktastic opinion will never change it. Especially considering Japan is... oh let me think... the country of Pokemon's origin.