• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Garydos

m190049

Local psychopath
You can probubly already guess whats going to happen... but whatever...

Everyone says garados cant be water/dragon cause of the legend about the flying serpent and the carp... i thought of an idea. can anyone say, levitate? or maybe a new ability. one only garydos has. does that sound sutable? A-B-I-L-I-T-Y? There. it doesnt HAVE to be Water Flying. it could be Water/Dragon. also, who ever said pokemon made sence? Legend, smegend. they can edit it however they want.

Btw: Garydos is a flying Serpant.

Serpant = Sea serpant

Se serpants are sometimes known as sea dragons.

ZOMG! look! Dragon! Dragon!

Now then, let the arguing commence!

TheNextGenMaster

Advanceshipper EX
what are we arguing about? Abilities and sea serpants? You lost be me buddy.

One good reason to keep it Water/Flying is to keep it in check with that 4x Electric weakness. Otherwise it would be way too powerful. And giving it Levitate takes away the possibility of Abilities that suit it much better, such as Intimidate. The fact that it can fly is much more significant to the Pokémon's myth base than the fact that it looks kind of like an oriental dragon (if you squint your eyes or are a little tipsy).

Oh, and about this:

Serpant = Sea serpant

That quote fails both the the rules of English and the tenets of common sense.

Oh, and by the way: it's Gyarados.

TheNextGenMaster

Advanceshipper EX
That quote fails both the the rules of English and the tenets of common sense.

Oh, and by the way: it's Gyarados.

Owned...lol

But, seriously, dragonfly's right. It won't need levitate...as it's a flyer already.

TheNextGenMaster

Advanceshipper EX

Anaya

Synthesis
Do you know that at least one of these threads are made up at least every month? This is like the 27349 thread like this that I've seen. I think we need to contact Vycksta so she can state the truth behind Gyarados's story. Don't worry, she eventually finds these threads. It's only a matter time :). Muhahah! ;)

Kindra was made to screw with players as it's only true weakness was dragon. XD

Ugh, don't remind me, Clair's Kingdra is the bane of my existence...every time I try that Gym it takes out all of my Pokémon on at least one occasion. -_-'

Night Avenger

Rust In Peace
You can probubly already guess whats going to happen... but whatever...

Everyone says garados cant be water/dragon cause of the legend about the flying serpent and the carp... i thought of an idea. can anyone say, levitate? or maybe a new ability. one only garydos has. does that sound sutable? A-B-I-L-I-T-Y? There. it doesnt HAVE to be Water Flying. it could be Water/Dragon. also, who ever said pokemon made sence? Legend, smegend. they can edit it however they want.

Serpant = Sea serpant

Now then, let the arguing commence!
Now, Garydoes, or Garydos can be dragon/water. But Gyarados can't.

Levitate? Nah. It can't fly, nor levitate.

Yeah, sea serpants are known as sea dragons too, same with sea sershirts or sershoes. Sea Serpents however, are different.

Dragonfan

Best. Rank. Ever!
Are you CRAZY!? You just brought up the #1 fight in SPPf! I'm too lazy to quote the posts again so I'll just wait for Vycksta and Shooting Star to show up and bite your head off. They have turned my head also. It should stay as Water/Flying.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
O.k. I'm not an expert on the myth but...

Gyarados is a flying serpent. Originally it was a fish that swam up a water fall, so the gods granted it power. They made it really big and serpent-like. The giant sea serpent abused its power and destroyed cities. Here where I get confused. I think it lost its power of flight because it abused its heavenly gift.

Anyways, the point is that it a really big snake (not a dragon) who had the power of to fly but now can't. So, Gyarados is a big snake who should fly but can't which is why its a flying type that can't learn a single fliying type move. Get it?

Oh yeah, and it would be too powerful if it was half dragon. It stats are already too high and its really common.

Last edited:

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Are you CRAZY!? You just brought up the #1 fight in SPPf! I'm too lazy to quote the posts again so I'll just wait for Vycksta and Shooting Star to show up and bite your head off. They have turned my head also. It should stay as Water/Flying.

Next time add me in the list aswell...

Listen m190049. Every pokemon in the series is based on one thing or the other. In the case of Gyarados, it is based off on the chinese legend of the "Dragon Gate Waterfall", which holds that carp who leap over it will become dragons/flying serpants. It is said that less than one in ten thousand carp manage this feat. One particular carp used his new found power to go on a rampage and destroy entire cities. The gods then cursed him so that he would never be able to fly again.

Thus,
Carp = Magicarp
Dragon = Gyarados
Curse = Gyarados cant learn "Fly"
You = Ignorant

Next time add me in the list aswell...

Listen m190049. Every pokemon in the series is based on one thing or the other. In the case of Gyarados, it is based off on the chinese legend of the "Dragon Gate Waterfall", which holds that carp who leap over it will become dragons/flying serpants. It is said that less than one in ten thousand carp manage this feat. One particular carp used his new found power to go on a rampage and destroy entire cities. The gods then cursed him so that he would never be able to fly again.

Thus,
Carp = Magicarp
Dragon = Gyarados
Curse = Gyarados cant learn any flying type move
You = Ignorant

If the curse only restricted fly then should at least be able to learn Aerial ace,which even Aggron can learn.

shooting star

Leaving SPPF! G'bye!
I know about Vycksta, but i didn't think I was defender enough to become mentioned.

Anyway:

Weak karp wants to show his strenght
Weak karp scales waterfall
Gods see weak karp scale waterfall
Gods turns weak karp into strong flying serpent.

serpent =/= dragon, it doesn't matter that it may be called "sea dragon" in english.

Zee-V70

Since everyone else has owned this thread, I'm just going to say this.

*m190049 gets water-bombed, attacked and corrected by Vycksta and her Sneasels, Misdreavuses screech and render him immobile, while he gets bombed by the Rofl-copters*

DUN DUN DUN.

pokeplayer

If garyados was water/dragon than it will be another kingdra. What do you mean legend smegend? Most of the pokemon are based off legends, yes pokemon is not real but still the creatures have to be based off of something.

koxcstar23

Loser w/o shoes
Wait is it Dragon/flying or water/Flying??/ anyways if its part flying it cant be hit by ground attacks.