• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gary's Starter?

Wich Do You Think Was Gary's Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
Most People Say It Was Squirtle But Have You Ever Thought That It May Have Been Eevee He Had Them Both Since We First Saw Him Also On Pokemon Yellow Wich Is Ment To Be Like The Anime He Has Eevee, So Any Thoughts?

Note: Deleted First Thread Because I Forgot Poll

umbreunatic

It was Squirtle, Prof. Oak was supposed to hand out three pokemon ebing Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Ash came to late and all 3 pokemon were given away. Meaning Gary choose one of them. So he started with Squirtle not with Eevee. And iirc when Eevee appaered in anime Gary or Oak, said it was just caught or so. But maybe that was just the dutch translation

Araleon

Chill
Didn't they come right out and say it was Squirtle when they saw his Blastoise?

Eevee was just his most used, like May;s Beautifly, or Brock's Forretres in Johto.

- Nick 'Salami'

Spicy is my fav
We all know it was Squirtle, I think that Pokemon Yellow made it so that no one would be able to find out what his starter was. And, the anime producers propably didn't know/plan what his starter was until a big battle in the anime, so they could keep it a surprise.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Was that Eevee ever confirmed to have evolved into his Umbreon, or am I just assuming that?

Anyway, yeah, Gary definitely started with Squirtle.

- Nick 'Salami'

Spicy is my fav
We all know it was Squirtle, I think that Pokemon Yellow made it so that no one would be able to find out what his starter was. And, the anime producers propably didn't know/plan what his starter was until a big battle in the anime, so they could keep it a surprise.

Shadow Quilava

It was Squirtle. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the Silver Conference.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
gary said that he had resently captured the eevee at the begining of johto, so that means he was not a starter...

...and then at the begining then it would have told that there were more than 3 starters or something along that line...

you get my drift..

bookist

it said speciffically that squirtle was his starter not eevee

bookist

it said speciffically that squirtle was his starter not eevee

kpt25

Steel type trainer
not only in the anime,but also in the manga "the person we know as gary"(to avoid confusions between green and blue...whatever) started out with a squirtle indeed...this thread is pretty pointless to be honest,as 90% of the population of this forum have watched the episode that confirmed it as a fact ;007;

Araleon

Chill
^^ kpt25, if you mean Blue/Green started with Squirtle, you are wrong, he started with Charmander in that manga.

If you are talking about EToP, than I think you are right.

But, yeah, Eevee isn't hi starter. back before the Silver Conference, people really thought it was Eevee, but then, BAM! Blastoise.

golduck#1

meh i still feel that it was eevee. i mean who uses eevee over squitle if it wasn't ur starter

Gary started with Squirtle then got Eevee later on in the anime.

DevilPunk

a screaming soul
I think it was eevee
because one if the first garry pokemon was eevee
anyways, squirtle could be possible too

Status
Not open for further replies.