• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gastrodon and Quagsire

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Even though the awesomeness that has been granted to them this gen, they're still NU. Why? Discuss!

Because they have a pretty limited niche role. They wall specific things but don't really do anything back besides spread status and be Ferrothorn's *****. On the right team they're incredible but you can't just throw them on the rooster like you could Latios or Tyranitar.

OU is usage based, so no they won't be OU lol. Not unless usage SPIKES significantly (though Gastrodon usage is definitely rising)

Ferrothorn can lay that down for you.

Sorry, I had to.

Anyway, I have to agree with BH here. Just because they have a niche does not mean that it is OU. By that logic we should make Farfetch'd OU because it has a niche as being the only effective user of Stick.

Blayd

Grrrr!
I like Gastrodon, in fact he's one of my favourite pokemon to use competetively. He walls amazingly and has a great ability, good typing too, unless your opponent is secretly packing Grass Knot. Overall, I'm surprised he's not OU

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
they should be in UU. Quagsire can stall very well and grastodon is awesome on sand teams(i've used one).

Vandslaux

Agreed. They should be UU. Only problem is that Milotic outclasses both as a UU bulky Water.

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
They'll be OU if people use them more. I highly doubt that will happen.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Gastrodon is a great wall in OU. I stalled out a ferrothorn with stockpile/Recover and burn damage. he is a beast!

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
I've been using both of them in various teams, but to me Gastrodon stands out because it's strong enough to not have to run Toxic on it's set like Quagsire.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Gastrodon and Quagsire both seem to be very situational Pokemon. They're only usable to wall a certain number of Pokemon, and as Blue Harvest said, all they can really do is inflict status effects. As for their tier, it is all about usage, so if they're both not used much, then they will be NU.

Mister_SGG

Why's everyone saying they should be OU? There's about a 2% chance of either of them getting there, the most they can hope for is UU.

mycooly

Banned
If the tiers weren't based off usage gastro would totally be in OU
all of you saying its not ou material are retarded, its the best in OU, its better in OU then UU -_-

Gastro is pretty much doomed to be RU for a while, unless it's OU usage really picks up. Like BH said, it has a great niche in OU, but it's somewhat limited. It checks bulky waters and Thundurus, and it makes a good answer to Rain teams, but it's not like it's the only Pokemon that can do that. That said, it won't make UU either. Gastro is actually pretty bad in UU with all the Grass types running around like crazy. The same applies to Quagsire.

Not to say that either are bad. Both are great Pokemon, but unless they have plenty more usage, they will both be RU for a while.