• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gastrodon and Quagsire

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
This has been... an interesting turn out of events. It started out with
"They are kinda good, but not extremely. They have too many counters"
to
"These things wall like hell. I hate it so much when people use one against me"

Soperman

The One and Only
Honestly, they only have one niche, as BH said earlier, but that niche is pretty helpful. And true, they have a massive grass weakness, but it isnt totally common (in OU there is one single grass type) and they still can do really well. I would say UU< but too many Grass types there as well.

Dark-Tyranitar

SAND VEIL HAX!!!
Honestly, they only have one niche, as BH said earlier, but that niche is pretty helpful. And true, they have a massive grass weakness, but it isnt totally common (in OU there is one single grass type) and they still can do really well. I would say UU< but too many Grass types there as well.

that one grass type is the most used thing in OU

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
But quagsire is in the top 60 OU pokemon on smogon. He's higher than whimsicott and machamp. And he completely walls the most used uber in kyroge.
Plus he looks so awesome :D

And gastrodon is 33 in OU usage if that counts for anything. I dont see how they can even be RU. UU maybe, but RU is a little harsh. I hate gastrodon but quagsire is a complete boss.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
For the grasses, on Gastrodon you could run HP fire, and for Ferrothorn only (this is only for Quag) EQ owns him. Really, why do people say they're Ferro-weak when they can counter ferro (Although Quag con't counter Virizion and Celebi. He's doomed against them, unless they decide to calm mind spam and you have a surprise)