• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

gastrodon ftw

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
so i made this team around gastrodon and it has done pretty well on PO so i wanted to submit it to the critiques of all you guys soooo here it is :).

170px-555Darmanitan.png

black monkey (Darmanitan) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn

This guy is usually my lead. He just puts wholes in my opponents teams. And if my opponent uses sun this guy pretty much ohkos everything with flare blitz(after spikes). rock slide/earthquake are for coverage and u-turn is for scouting.

200px-227Skarmory.png

silver eagle (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

my physical wall I bring him in on threats to gastrodon and usually set up as many layers of spikes as i can. Roost keeps him healthy and whirlwind phazes. Brave bird is to stop me from bing taunt bait.

150px-423Gastrodon-West.png

pink turtle (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

The whole base of my team. I love how this guy works and is avaluable member of my team. I love spamming toxics on switches and crippling sweepeers/ walls. Ice beam and earth power provide coverage and after storm drain can do some serious damage. Recover keeps him healthy.

Spr_5b_479W_s.png

orange hose (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

If darmanitan isnt my lead then this guy is. He does serious damage and outsspeeds alot of common threats, especially gengar. Volt switch gives my advantageous match ups and hydro pump/ hp fire do damage and are for coverage. Trick can cripplea wall.

200px-251Celebi.png

pink fairy (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 36 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Recover/heal bell
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

A huge pain fo my opponent. You nasty plot up and proceed to sweep. He is deadly and can take down a wide array of foes. Between giga drain and hp fire I get good coverage. Recover can be used for insant health

170px-534Conkeldurr.png

beast badger (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback

pretty much my main counter for excadrills and the priority user on my team. All of us know how conk works you bulk up/ switch in on willowisps and proceed to sweep. payback is to hit ghosts/psychics.

well guys this is my team hope you liked it and have lots of comments cuz help is appreciated :). Im completly open to changes in movesets/pokes and feel free to offer anything. please leave comments below.

Last edited:

Scopetime

Hmmm your celebi may need more speed to effiecantly sweep, whats its speed stat also heed my wise words :p

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
its speed stat is at 244 hmmm thts below alot of pokes... does anyone know a ev spread tht could fix this problem without losing too much bulk/power

give Celebi this:

Celebi @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Satk
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The set looks fine but with 7 weaknesses, it's gonna want to outspeed as much as possible if it has any hope of KO'ing things.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
give Celebi this:

Celebi @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Satk
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The set looks fine but with 7 weaknesses, it's gonna want to outspeed as much as possible if it has any hope of KO'ing things.

ok im going to test this set :D

ok so ive made edits to op.... i noticed my team really needs heal bell support so i slashed tht wit recover on celebi.... because i usually get my health with giga drain and not recover

Last edited:

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Heal bell could work instead for recover cause yeah, you have giga drain. The only thing I'd like to point out is that timid is speed over attack, not special attack over attack, but its just a small typo to be aware of. Only real thing I can say is try HP grass on rotom because it kills gastrodon if celebi is dead and most of your moves hit most steels hard enough. The exception being magnezone and ferrothorn. You also don't need it cause celebi has HP fire and it's a great check to ferrothorn with it. Maybe this little guy is what I'll use in my team....

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
I love your original nicknames...

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
lols i named them after ther color(some are shiny)

welllll any other rates?